Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David vs. Goliath
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
SCCA Stang
David being a blue Eclipse GSX that seems to be well known on this board......

Goliath being a Huge Giant of a truck.... a Chevy Durmax 2500 with a lift kit, swampers, an aftermarket turbo, 30 lbs of boost and a 5" (yes I said 5") exhaust from the downpipes back.

I was casually rolling up to the tree at the local strip when I saw this truck sitting there... the first thing I noticed was this Nuclear power plant cooling tower sticking out of his truck where his exhaust was supposed to be. when I rolled up to him, I inquired about his specs and mods.... with the worst ignorant sounding redneck accent I have heard in a while I heard... aftermarket turbo, 30 lbs of boost, 5"pipes from downpipe back.
so I asked about numbers.... I got back 700 ft/lbs of torque, more than that little tin can has.... (awwww shit folks..... he just called me out)

amazingly enough, bout that time the streets cleared and I swear a couple of tumble weeds rolled across between us as you hear the twang of bango's in the background like and old western.

not even realizing that he planned to call me out, about then the tree falls and the green light illuminates.... he jumps...

I quickly rev the ol GSX up to 6k and sidestep the clutch.

12 psi of boost never hit so fast as I round out first about 2 cars in the front....

2nd gear shift was like a subconscience effort to me..... but at the top of 2nd I found my self 5-6 cars in front.... (this is about the 1 block mark)

I suddenly realize that there was another DSM behind me..... not quite keeping up, but certainly making ground on the truck

I grab 3rd gear and start taking the 4G63 through her paces once more and psssshhhhhhh from under the hood with nothing available by means of the go pedal.

damn it!!!!!!!!! another intercooler pipe let loose under boost.....

after talking with the DSMer behind me.... I find out that an intercooler pipe letting loose caused foot and a half flames to exit my exhaust followed up my numerous plumes of black smoke as I feathered the gas to keep her running......

hooked up the piping and back on my way I went.

pain in the ass, yes.... worth it to shut up an ignorant redneck.... hell yes

just goes to show you that 30 psi boost, 5" exhaust an aftermarket turbo and 700 ft/lbs of torque doesn't mean everything
Turbo Tension
I hear that big hood scoops win races
99Spyder
You heard right laugh.gif
RacerX11
700 ft/lbs is kinda weak for a tweaked D-max. You should have told him to come back when he has 1000 ft/lbs .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.