Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SloPny Drag Day Caravan Thread
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
Booztd 3
Guys

I'm going to try and get a caravan together to head up to SloPny Day this sunday. A good meeting spot we've had in the past was the Paradice parking lot in E. Peoria, however the I74 west on-ramp from 116 is closed. I'm looking for suggestions on where to meet.

Possible locations.....

Lowes parking lot in E. peoria. Its right off of 74 and has easy access back on to 74.

Grand Prarie Mall parking lot. Relitively close to the interstates, ample parking. Several gas stations close by and food for the trip.

The drive is a little over 100 miles and I plan to go somewhere around the speed limit because I'm sure some people will be towing their cars up there. I was going to suggest we leave around 9:30 or so to arrive ~11am.
Booztd 3
Ok, so here's the final Itinerary

Arrive at Jubilee Cafe @ 8:00-8:15AM

Eat and have drinks that are loaded up with way to much ice

Take antacids/pepto bismal tablets

Depart the cafe @ 9:30Am

Arrive at Cordova ~ 11AM

I will be stopping at the gas station just off the interstate (Exit 1 on I74) to dump in my race gas and and to grab some things to drink for the day.
Speedracer
andy, where is Jubilee Cafe at. i've heard it mentioned before in other caravan threads, but i've always just left from paradice.
Booztd 3
Kickapoo/Edwards exit on the right hand side. Its across the street from a big gas station. Its several miles northwest of Peoria on 74
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.