Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dsmcentral Gettogether - July 22nd
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
Kazz5
Are there any farm locatons with a beer club like Old Chicago's?

Just wonderin'...
scorp28
The only dates I would be available (most likely) is 7/22 & 7/23.

Old Chicago sounds good to me, but a another farm party would be awesome biggthumpup.gif
AWD DSM 1
I think the farm parties are dead until someone buys... well, a farm. I'd be more than happy to host something, and there are some country roads not far.... up to you guys.
mitsu90
no farm meets till I get my turbo fixed ph34r.gif
99Spyder
How many would be willing to venture to Mackinaw? It meets the gravel road requirements (actually some pretty nice wide two-lanes) and I have a 6 burner grill of terror.

Whatever is planned, as long as we keep it on the weekends, I should be able to make it this time. For the last events I was out of town, at a funeral, or on vacation.
akamiami
I vote for something this weekend, like 7/15 or 7/16 so I'll have another excuse to head back down to Peoria.

Do it!
mitsu90
this weekend would suck my car can't be driven sad.gif
AWD DSM 1
I'll be out of town this weekend, but any other should be ok...
Ralliartist
I'll be arriving in Omaha on Aug. 3rd. But if you guys had some kind of get together say in Sept. maybe in Iowa or something, I'd be down. Just set the place and the date and I'll be there.
JBone
JBone is unable to attend. Will be checking out the new place in Omaha. Have fun
Kazz5
Mackinaw's 45 minutes I'd guess - between Pekin/Tremont and Bloomington on route 9 I believe.

Work's got me by the balls the next few weeks but will make anything I can - even if it's just a drive-by ...
scorp28
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ Jul 11 2006, 01:39 PM)
between Pekin/Tremont and Bloomington on route 9 I believe.

yep.

It takes about 20-25 minutes to get there from the river in Pekin depending on traffic and how fast you drive.
mitsu90
I should beable to make that how ever not sure if the galant will be up to it. still in need of a turbo and the law said I can't drive it untill september. sad.gif
treydawgs4g63T
hopefully I will have my awd running by then and can stop in. Also might have 2 or 3 other dsmer coming that arent members on here yet!
MidwestDSM
i can prolly go depending on what time sat you wanna do this
Speedracer
wherever, whenever i'm down, just not july 28th- mid august. i'll be in cali
99Spyder
AWD DSM 1, where are you at again? E.P.?

I would totally understand if Mackinaw was not chosen as the hotspot. After thinking about it however it is right between Peoria and Bloomington and not too far up 155 from Springfield. For reference I am about 12 minutes south-east of Morton, 25 minutes off of I55 in Bloomington, and via I474 I can hit North Peoria in just over 30 minutes.

I will be in Washington state all next week but I am game for the 22nd biggthumpup.gif
AWD DSM 1
Metamora....
natedogg
22nd sounds good to me. If Mackinaw doesn't work out, we could have it at my place. Its not a farm, but there are quite a few country back roads not far away.
BudmannG
I should be able to make it on the 22nd. That is if I don't have all the kids. But I will try!
Shaun@AMS
count me in, that is unless hondas arent welcome?
99Spyder
QUOTE (Broken Smile @ Jul 13 2006, 08:00 PM)

This way we will have specific Hondas to make fun of instead of generalizing biggrin.gif
ncgalant
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Jul 13 2006, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (99Spyder @ Jul 14 2006, 03:16 AM)
QUOTE (Broken Smile @ Jul 13 2006, 08:00 PM)

This way we will have specific Hondas to make fun of instead of generalizing biggrin.gif

and you can eat my honda dust!

He's got enought nos in there to blow himself up
natedogg
Apparently we have plans I wasn't aware of so I can't host. I will try to show up for a while if it starts earlier in the afternoon though.
awd4kicks
Andrea, you need to write this stuff down on a calendar and prove to Nate that you aren't just making this crap up everytime we have a meet! tongue.gif
MidwestDSM
ok so wheres it gonna be? If I didn't have roommates we could do it at my place, but I doubt they'd be happy with me if I had everyone over lol
99Spyder
The Poll thread that is running is showing Mackinaw (my place) as the leader. Unless some people start voting otherwise I will post up a time and directions in this thread on Sunday afternoon. Get your votes in!
99Spyder
Directions to the event (July 22nd @ 2pm) have been added in the Poll Thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.