Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DSMCentral Cookout/Gathering
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
99Spyder
Let's get some location votes.

*EDIT: The festivities will be held in Mackinaw. Please scroll down for directions.
mitsu90
yup don't matter with me either, if I show I will have to tow the galant and it will be sporting a 14b sad.gif
AWD DSM 1
I tow my car to the track, not to get togethers...
mitsu90
well the law said I cant drive it till september mad.gif
99Spyder
OK, "no preference" has been added. Rob, did you vote for yourself?
AWD DSM 1
QUOTE (99Spyder @ Jul 13 2006, 05:26 PM)
OK, "no preference" has been added. Rob, did you vote for yourself?

unsure.gif
99Spyder
Nate has other obligations and cannot host. EP has been removed from the poll.
99Spyder
Yep, Mackinaw it is. I am thinking that we kick off the festivities around 2pm (July 22nd). If anyone is bored and wants to show early thats fine. I will have hamburgers, buns, and soda. If you want something besides burgers and brats, or are after adult beverages, you should probably bring it wink.gif Lawn chairs would be good as well if you have them...

Now for the directions:

From I-155/Rt. 9 (Tremont, Pekin, Springfield)
Take the rt.9 exit heading east for 7 miles
Turn left on Mackinaw road (also known as Dee-Mack rd.)
Go .5 miles to the stop sign and turn left on Fast ave.
Turn right on to Main st. at the next stop sign (also known as Dee-Mack rd.)
Drive about a quarter of a mile and Tulip Dr. will be on the right.
I am the last house on the right, 207 Tulip Dr. (yellow and green)

From I-155/Broadway (Peoria, Morton)
Take the Broadway exit on I-155 and head east. (Left if coming from Morton.)
After crossing over the interstate turn right on 4th avenue. (A left turn on 4th is available, ignore it.)
Drive on 4th for about a mile and enjoy the corn fields.
At the stop sign (T intersection) turn left onto Allentown rd.
Drive ~7 miles on Allentown rd. to the next stop sign (T interection).
Turn right onto Dee-Mack rd., put your seat back, and roll a couple of miles to Mackinaw.
Just as you get to the Welcome to Mackinaw sign turn left onto Tulip Dr.

From I-55/Rt. 9 (Bloomington)
Take the Market St. exit heading west for "8 mile" (Market St. is also Rt. 9)
*Be careful* After you have driven the 8 miles, Rt. 9 turns to the right. Turn just after the flashing yellow light, staying on Rt. 9.
In another 2 miles follow the road left on Rt. 9, do not go straight into Danvers.
That is the last tricky part, continue heading west on Rt. 9 for 10 miles.
After entering Mackinaw, turn right on Mackinaw road (also known as Dee-Mack rd.)
Go .5 miles to the stop sign and turn left on Fast ave.
Turn right on to Main st. at the next stop sign (also known as Dee-Mack rd.)
Drive about a quarter of a mile and Tulip Dr. will be on the right.

If you find yourself navigationally challenged during the trip give me a call (309)359-6030.
scorp28
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Jul 16 2006, 05:48 PM)
Curious, can you shoot guns out there?

That would be sweet!!!!
BudmannG
I have just confirmed my plans with my girlfriend and we will be there. Let me know if you need anything else. My girl makes some mean deviled eggs or mac and cheese!
bburden86
can anyone go? i live in mackinaw.
AWD DSM 1
Hell, this will be easy, Dee-mack road goes almost right into Metamora!! biggthumpup.gif
natedogg
I'll be able to make it for a while early.
99Spyder
QUOTE (scorp28 @ Jul 16 2006, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Jul 16 2006, 05:48 PM)
Curious, can you shoot guns out there?

That would be sweet!!!!

Let's hit some of the comments:

No on the guns sad.gif , I am right on the edge of town in a new subdivision

BudmannG, as long as your girlfriend does the cookin' you can bring whatever you want. Both options sound good.

bburden86, your signed up on the site so you are invited biggthumpup.gif
bburden86
alright 99spyder i'll show up in the 91 n/a turbo lol. how late will it last? i think i have to work that day 10-7
99Spyder
As long as people are hanging out enjoying themselves the gathering will continue. I have enough wood for a fire if it comes to that. I would definately say however, that there is a risk that some cruising may commence (destination Hooter's???).

Since my place is on your way home just stop by if you see more than just my truck and SUV.
MidwestDSM
As of right now I'll be attending but won't be making it till 5 or so with Amanda. I'm assuming you will all still be there?
99Spyder
I would think that we would find enough in common to hang out for that long... C you there, uh here, well you know what I mean.
BudmannG
Sorry Corey but I will not be able to make it now. I had a little problem today-link to problem!
99Spyder
Yeah Bud, it sounds like you have a little bit of work ahead of yourself. Sucks to hear that man, especially right after you get things put back together for this season. Stay at it and see if you can get back on the road before winter!
Mitsu 77
Are lopy rough idleing cars welcome?
Super16G
car wont be "done" for Saturday. Would like to hook up with you guys but with buying a house and putting the "Black Bitch" back in to comission my time frame is not allowing many get togethers sad.gif
99Spyder
QUOTE (Mitsu 77 @ Jul 21 2006, 08:57 AM)
Are lopy rough idleing cars welcome?

Of course... If we descriminated on rough lopey idles I would not be able to attend my own event rolleyes.gif
99Spyder
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Jul 21 2006, 10:08 AM)
Is this a byob event? (bring your own beef, bring your own beverage kinda thing?)

The frozen brats I had set aside evedently got tossed when someone cleaned out the freezer down stairs..

I will be providing burgers and soda and will probably have a few hotdogs on hand. If you want anything else to eat or adult beverages you will need to bring them along.

Looks like the weather should clear up by tomorrow biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
ODT wll be representin' the decrpid DSM members
akamiami
hope you southern sumbitches are having fun....
Mitsu 77
Sorry, I couldn't make it out. I got back from GLD around 4 A.M. By the time I woke up and unloaded the truck it was well after 5. dry.gif
scorp28
Thanks to Spyder and ncgalant for the help tonight in helping me try to figure out what is going on with my car now.

Good thing I kept my tools in the car. I blew off a lower IC hose on the way home. Funny thing is it was one that we didn't mess with at I was only at 12 psi rolleyes.gif
ncgalant
How's she running? Does it at least idle better?
BudmannG
What did you find wrong with it ncgalant?
AWD DSM 1
QUOTE (BudmannG @ Jul 23 2006, 07:15 AM)

oh, there was pleanty messed up on it.
99Spyder
QUOTE (BudmannG @ Jul 23 2006, 08:15 AM)

There was an intake leak after the MAF and a couple of significant leaks in the sidemount. Correcting them didn't seem to do much for the idle though. Maybe without the boost leaks at the IC there was enough pressure to blow a lower hose biggrin.gif
scorp28
QUOTE (ncgalant @ Jul 23 2006, 08:12 AM)
How's she running? Does it at least idle better?

Pretty much the same as it was. It still puzzles me why it won't build pressure after the TB but we can't hear or feel anywhere it is leaking from. wacko.gif

I am getting ready to go out and change the TB and see if that helps anything.
scorp28
QUOTE (AWD DSM 1 @ Jul 23 2006, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE (BudmannG @ Jul 23 2006, 07:15 AM)

oh, there was pleanty messed up on it.

And the award for understatement of the year goes to laugh.gif

That's the truth. sad.gif
mitsu90
if that was my car i wold drive it up travis's ASS!!!
awd4kicks
QUOTE (spyonu2007 @ Jul 23 2006, 03:51 PM)
Thanks again cory, it was a good event.

Yes it was a good time as always when we can get together over the comon love/hate for our DSM's. laugh.gif

BTW - The imprompt wet T-shirt contest you had arranged was what really set this event apart from the others Cory! It was FREAKIN awesome! I wish more members could have been there to enjoy it early on in the festivities. cool.gif
99Spyder
I was actually suprised that the ladies got into the alchohol that early but of course I am not complaining biggthumpup.gif I would have to say that the guys were the real contest winners!
natedogg
Yeah, that was great. Its amazing how many women don't wear bras! Thanks for hosting, the food was great!
AWD DSM 1
QUOTE (natedogg @ Jul 24 2006, 06:49 AM)
Yeah, that was great. Its amazing how many women don't wear bras!

and guys... ph34r.gif
JBone
Pics? ph34r.gif

I mean of the cars rolleyes.gif

honest laugh.gif

Sounds like a good time biggthumpup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.