Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Club Autocross this Saturday
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
awd4kicks
This is a little short notice, but better than never.

I have recently been informed that the Porsche Club will be holding another autocross this Saturday at the old Bloomington Air Port. At this point I've been told that tech inspections start at 8:30am and entry fee is $20.

If anyone has more information about this please add it on this thread. Otherwise I will add the information as I receive it.

Autocross is a blast - especially when you don't have to drive far to do it. biggthumpup.gif
AWD DSM 1
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Aug 22 2006, 11:20 AM)
Autocross is a blast - especially when you don't have to drive far to do it. biggthumpup.gif

And when you car runs well enough to actually participate! laugh.gif
turbohcar
Who all is going? I'm thinking about it but I have to work at 2pm so that'll play a part in my decision. Maybe I'll just bring my clothes with me...
RacerX11
The event was cancelled due to lack of interest.
awd4kicks
That figures... dry.gif
turbohcar
Well, I found out last night I couldn't make it anyway. The Camaro has a misfire due to crappy stock 101k mile plug wires, two bad tie rods, misaligned front end, and needs a new PCV hose. It still runs and drives but if it's going to an autocross anytime soon it'll be in tip top shape.
awd4kicks
This event may not actually be cnacelled. My contact is checking into it and will let me know for sure tomorrow. If it is cancelled then that's too bad, but just incase it is not cancelled, don't give up hope yet.

Old Bloomington airport off of Rt. 9
$25 per driver for non-Porsche Club members
8:30am Tech inspection
10:30am Runs start
Red_06_EvoRS
What are you calling the "old Bloomington airport"? The airport is where it always was but there is a new terminal. Is this going to be at the old airport terminal's parking lot?
awd4kicks
Yes... At the old Terminal from what I am being told.
99Spyder
If they are having it I will spectate for the first few hours.
awd4kicks
Nope, sorry guys. Marty is right this event has been cancelled.

They may not have had any problem getting participants if they would let some folks know about it. wink.gif
RacerX11
The email I received indicated they were trying to reschedule this event for October 22nd. I will post info when it becomes definite.

Also, the PCA is hosting an event near Peoria at the Cat Tech Center September 23rd. See their site for details: http://ltr.pca.org/autocross.htm

Marty
awd4kicks
Excellent! Keep us posted Marty.
awd4kicks
My dad is planning on bringing his supercharged Miata to this event on Sept. 23rd. I will do everything in my power to have my crank installed and the engine re-tuned to make it to this event as well. biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
OK, I guess I won't be going to this event. I tried to pre-register on the link RacerX11 posted and it says the event is already full! DANG!!! mad.gif

Can someone close with the PCA check this to let me know for sure?
awd4kicks
OK, I have verified that the Porsche Club event is full.

The good news is that the CIR-SCCA is also holding an event in Rantoul Saturday and Sunday. My dad and I will be going to this event Saturday morning leaving around 8am.

I will post this up as a separate thread incase anyone would like to join in.
RacerX11
The PCA event was originally intended to be limited to 45 entries, but they got 60 before they could shut it off. Sorry you couldn't make it Marcus.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.