Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Import vs Domestic shootout and show - Indy 5/07
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
awd4kicks
I copied this from a CSS posting... It sounds very similar to a mini - SCC Ultimate Street Car Challenge! I would love to take the Talon to this even in a detuned form. Check it out:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize this is a long way out but this sounds like something that some of us would love to do, and it's a charitable event too!!

Site: http://www.wingedwarrior.net
Title: Winged Warriors Challenge and Car Show
Description:
Competition and car show (seperate events). The competition consists of five different categories
1. 100ft skidpad (g-force)
2. Auto-X
3. Slalom (calculated during auto-x)
4. 60ft acceleration (during drag)
5. 1/4 mi drag (top speed)

Last year's rules are still posted but next years rules will be different. This past year's event didn't allow R compound tires but that is one of the rule changes for this next year. DRAG TIRES ARE ALLOWED, but you are not allowed to change tires (with the exception of a puncture I think) between any of the different events (you'd have to auto-x on them too).
turbohcar
Is the Talon even up and running again Marcus?

AMS should definitely consider this. I'd love to see them win in an EVO!
awd4kicks
It will be in a few weeks Brett ol boy.

And if you look at the link AMS's EVO is pictured in there. biggthumpup.gif
turbohcar
Sweetness!!!!
treydawgs4g63T
when is this event? this way i can get my gsx done and maybe we could have a group cruise over there.
awd4kicks
Looks like May of 2007. Plenty of time!
Kazz5
Ain't this tempting ...
treydawgs4g63T
plenty of time, wheew! I am working on the talon i just sold a month ago and its being a big pain in the ***! Then i get to start on mine. Shouldnt take me long though, just gotta change the rod bearings, fuel pump and install my Thermal R&D exhaust!
natedogg
So for the 1/4 mile drag I notice (top speed) next to it. Does that mean the winner isn't the one with the quickest time, but actually the one with the higher trap speed or am I reading that wrong?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.