Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The new Ram50 project, need help
DSMCentral > Forum > Project Threads
TURBOWHT
So i have decided to start a new project. last summer i recently bought a 87 dodge ram50. and going to be putting a 4g63 in it. Im having problems finding a engine though. can anyone help me. im seriously having a hard time finding a running one. and when i do they want 800+ for them. Im ready to start this thing but not going to until i can find a motor. SO if i could get some help that would be awesome. Ill be taking pics of progress and stuff along the way. DO you know anyone well that has done the swap? i have found a couple peoples sites that i have got some info from but nothing to in depth. but really i need to find a 6 bolt running motor if anyone know of anything.
turbohcar
Make sure your Ram 50 has the correct dowel pin spacing otherwise it won't bolt up to the 4g63 block. I'm not too sure about where you can find swap info on that one though. You might be on your own for this project.
TURBOWHT
what do you mean dowel pin spacing? I want to use the whole 4g63 engine.

I know most guys use the 4g63 head on the block but i want to use the whole engine.

From the info i got the tranny will bolt up to the block.
turbohcar
The D50 has the 4G64 4 cylinder 2.4 in it. There are several different bell housing / engine block bolt orientations depending on the year. Road Race Engineering had a list up on their website, you might try there. Dowel pin spacing is just the distance between the dowel pins (bell housing bolts) on either side of the block.
awd4kicks
This site from our links page may be of some use for you. It's geared toward most Mitsu RWD set-ups and you should be able to find some facts that will help your project along. biggthumpup.gif

http://www.projectzerog.com/index.shtml
mitsu90
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Dec 14 2006, 01:28 AM)
The D50 has the 4G64 4 cylinder 2.4 in it.  There are several different bell housing / engine block bolt orientations depending on the year.  Road Race Engineering had a list up on their website, you might try there.  Dowel pin spacing is just the distance between the dowel pins (bell housing bolts) on either side of the block.

he has an 87 therefore it has a 2.0 and it will bolt to a 4g63.

here is a site dedicated to the mighty max and D50 www.mightyd50.com
mitsu90
good look at a 4g63 in a mighty max lots of pix on page 7 or 8 biggthumpup.gif
TURBOWHT
QUOTE (mitsu90 @ Dec 14 2006, 09:06 AM)
good look at a 4g63 in a mighty max lots of pix on page 7 or 8 biggthumpup.gif

ya thats the same link and where i got most of my info. and your right about my 87 having the 2.0l in it. which the trannys bolt up. Ill check the other link posted. above and see what all i can find.
Anyone know of any running 6 bolts for sale?
MidwestDSM
you could also go this route...

https://secure.buschurracing.com/catalog/in...1ed94c70f001d96

rx-7 gearboxes can be used with a b2600 bell housing as well, but they are recockulously hard to find.
asiankid91
I just picked up a 95 MM and i was looking in to the 4g63 swap too. Is there any walk through vfaq on how the motor bolts up or how to hack the wire harness?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.