Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $100 for the best vid posted on DSMC this January!
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills > Media
awd4kicks
That's right, I want to see some good DSM vids, and I'm willing to pay for it. biggthumpup.gif

Here are the rules:

You have to be a member of DSMCentral(Sign-up to enter your vid if necessary).
Your 'DSM' must be listed in the DSMC Garage with pictures and details.
The video has to have your DSM vehicle in it, preferably the star of the show.
The video has to have never been posted on DSMCentral before.
Your video must be uploaded to the 'DSMC Video' File in the DSMCentral gallery
A link to the video must be posted in this thread during January 2007.
All videos submitted will be voted on by the members of DSMC at the end of January.

Voting will be based on the following, listed by importance:

Good action! (A video walk around of your car in the driveway will probably not cut it.)
Interaction with other vehicles, obstacles, weather or roadways.
Visibility of the action (Night time headlights are nice but not the best)
Quality of the video direction/editing.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not requesting illegal street racing videos nor does this request/offer condone them. My self and DSMCentral are not responsible for any loss or damage due to your actions. Your participation is voluntary and you are responsible for your own actions! Be safe and smart, and by all means do not endanger your self or others for this relatively small prize money.

This offer can be withdrawn at anytime at my discretion depending on the results I see.

For this event a 'DSM' is considered any EVO, Eclipse, Talon, Laser, Conquest, Starion, D50 or etc. that is powered by the 4G63 or one of it's variants.

That being said, Have fun and make some awesome videos! cool.gif
JBone
You are out of your frickin' mind...

On that note, since you have the cash handy, feel free to donate to the "JBone needs cash for school" fund.

I can't wait to see these vids. Please be safe. Don't start 2007 like I ended 2006: in trouble with the law.
ncgalant
What about if I tape my car sitting still and dub in some F&F sound effects?
awd4kicks
If the group picks it as the best video then that's good enough for me. Sounds like it could be some funny $hi+.

With that said, I would like to see what DSMCentral can offer the DSM world as far as quality videos go. I understand it's January and there are a lot of projects on the mend. That's why the cash prize is there, to make it more worth your while. biggthumpup.gif

For all I know someone from south Florida could join, post their ride in our garage and then lay an outlandish race track vid on us.
awd4kicks
If the video has never been posted on DSMCentral then it does really matter how old it is as long as it is relevant.

Let's say that if you are putting together a compilation video that old reposts can be used, but hopefully sparingly. The point is to get some new action pumping through DSMC. Let's wake this thing up! ph34r.gif
AWD DSM 1
Maybe I can make a vid towing a DSM around with my truck..... biggthumpup.gif

Wish I could have gotten some vid of that one time coming down the Germantown hill sideways with my truck and trailer... that was fun, wasn't it spy? laugh.gif
awd4kicks
Boy was it! I've had a couple doses of fun trying to stop a trailer or two. ohmy.gif
awd4kicks
Hey now... I also retain the right to delete anything that incriminates. dry.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
AWD DSM 1
QUOTE (Spyonu2007 @ Jan 2 2007, 03:20 PM)
hrmm... perhaps its time to unvail the headbob movie.

that sounds really bad, although sadly enough I do think I know what you're refering to...
awd4kicks
Ok back to a short period of seriousness.

One new stipulation to make your video eligable for the $100 prize:
The video must also be uploaded to the new 'DSMC Video' file in the DSMCentral gallery and then linked to this site.

I am really hoping for some good action videos.

Tell your friends, those you have raced, those you want to race, our DSM bretheren from other forums! Pass it along biggthumpup.gif
NOMIEZVR4
I cant wait! biggthumpup.gif

All the action is going to be happening in springtime for me though..right now its time for the buildup.. cool.gif

Nomie
awd4kicks
The whether is great. I could see some good videos being made this weekend. If anyone needs a camera man let me know! wink.gif
awd4kicks
We are coming up on another weekend. Depending on temps and percipitation it may be a good time to get some video footage to claim the $100 prize this month! We are almost half way there. biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
The month is half over now fellas! It looks like I may get to keep my prize money unless some of you are working on your movies in secrecy. cool.gif
awd4kicks
There are TWO WEEKS left for movies to be entered into the $100 prize giveaway! There has been absolutely NO entries yet, so the door is wide open for anyone with themeans to get it done. Bring it!
Chicago_DSM
I would enter one of my Chicago DSM Racing flicks but I've already posted them on the site before so there's nothing new to show....

Good luck to all other film makers here, we may not be recieving the prize this month, but expect insane footage come spring/summer time from myself and Nomie cool.gif
turbohcar
Here's one I made at the end of 05. Nothing special though.

I tried to upload it to the DSMC vid file but the internet connection timed out and wouldn't let me finish. Not sure whats going on with that.

Photobucket threw off the timing of the sequence too but you get the general idea. I've got the slides timed to the music but for whatever reason it screwed it up when I uploaded.

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b78/arke...ent=05video.flv
turbohcar
I'm going to try and figure out why the other video won't load straight to DSMCentral's Vid section. If I can figure that out I'll load up the other vid.
awd4kicks
This is the last day of the month! This will be your last chance to post up a vid for the $100 prize...

Bring-em on if you want a chance at the money. cool.gif
Chicago_DSM
There was a thread made for Chicago DSM racing part II...

Would my 'part I' video still be eligible for the contest? There wasn't really a thread dedicated to it like the other one....Lemme know

I have a stupid compilation my friends and I made at one point also of us at the track, but its not using my camera or editing software so its not as nice as the others....

-Josh
awd4kicks
I believe part I has already been posted up on DSMCentral some where Josh. Now, I don't know about this other vid. Doesn't matter if it was with your camera or your editing as long as your DSM is included. So far we only have one video from TurboHcar. Not exactly what I was looking for, but it's better than everyone elses offer. wink.gif
wortdog
I can't remember if I posted up my rallyx video or not, but here it is anyway:

http://beam.brl.uiuc.edu/~ericwort/dsm/11-07-04-Car-12.wmv
awd4kicks
I have not seen that video to this date Wortdog. So it qualifies.

So now we all have to vote on our two lovely contestants. laugh.gif
I will add a poll later today for everyone to vote ofr their favorite video of the two.

PS: The dates and times shown on the last three posts are all incorrect and should show Jan, 31, 2007. I know my previous post in this thread was at about 8-8:30PM on the 31st.

Thanks to Turbohcar and Wortdogg for their entries! biggthumpup.gif
99Spyder
And with the timezone difference of where DSMCentral is hosted it looks like Wort got his submission in within the last minute of the month biggrin.gif
turbohcar
Thanks to Marcus for a fine nite in El Paso. We met up at the Monicals Pizza there and had some chow while discussing cars, women, and other interests. Here's the mug shot to prove it...

Marcus and I were doing shots all nite too. First it was Yager, then some generic tequila, and we finished off with Crown Royal. This photo was taken about half way through... then we drove over to the Kappa Cabana for some pretty ladies. You'd be amazed how far $100 goes these days. Bet you guys wished you'd went!!
awd4kicks
Hahaha...you wish playboy. Them Kappa girls is UGLY! laugh.gif
turbohcar
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.