Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: May 20th 2007 Grudge matches.
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
treydawgs4g63T
oooh, i have a feeling that this year is gonna be a big one for the car enthusiasts out there.

Oh and is there a spot in your calender for me? smile.gif
black92_tsi_awd
QUOTE (treydawgs4g63T @ Feb 13 2007, 06:36 PM)
Oh and is there a spot in your calender for me? smile.gif

Somebody's playing with fire... ph34r.gif
awd4kicks
Haha..I'm puting her together now. I'll be honored to to run the EVO, but if I do this will be the FIRST time the Talon has run at a SCDC event!

...and yeah, you can't forget about Kazz!
haunter
if I can make it, and worts talon is there, I may want a lane with him on my bike...
wortdog
QUOTE (haunter @ Feb 14 2007, 04:02 PM)
if I can make it, and worts talon is there, I may want a lane with him on my bike...

Huh? My car is slow.
Kazz5
Reserve spyonu0.2007 and I a timeslot, if you can AWD4Kicks.

Whatcha bringin' to the dance, big boy? Domestic? Evo? Both? Ah, just surprise me, what the hell.
haunter
QUOTE (wortdog @ Feb 14 2007, 10:57 AM)
QUOTE (haunter @ Feb 14 2007, 04:02 PM)

Huh? My car is slow.

so am I!
awd4kicks
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ Feb 14 2007, 07:15 PM)

Whatcha bringin' to the dance, big boy? Domestic? Evo? Both? Ah, just surprise me, what the hell.

Done! biggthumpup.gif
black92_tsi_awd
Hey Turbocar....are you going to be ready for a rematch?!?!?
marty
there is no way in hell worts talon will be done by may 20.
Kazz5
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ Feb 14 2007, 01:15 PM)

My son's High School Graduation is at 3pm on the 20th, I've now learned.

When's the first car off? If I can I'll be there until I have to get back... I'd hate to delay this matchup (and any others anyone wants, for that matter)...
awd4kicks
Dang Kazz! Your schedule is always in direct conflict with racing. sad.gif

The first runs start at noon. Spy has dibs on the first run of the day against an SRT-4. If that falls through then you and Spy can take the first run. With that, I don't think you will have any problems knocking out a few runs and getting home by 2:00-2:30.

Do it to it! biggthumpup.gif
Kazz5
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Feb 15 2007, 12:03 PM)
Dang Kazz! Your schedule is always in direct conflict with racing. sad.gif

The first runs start at noon. Spy has dibs on the first run of the day against an SRT-4. If that falls through then you and Spy can take the first run. With that, I don't think you will have any problems knocking out a few runs and getting home by 2:00-2:30.

Do it to it! biggthumpup.gif

Oh, trust me - if there is ANY way, I will be there!
turbohcar
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Feb 15 2007, 07:46 AM)
Hey Turbocar....are you going to be ready for a rematch?!?!?

HA!! You call that time we just happened to line up at Cordova at the same start time by mistake a "match"? LOL What a joke!

Turbo 4 PWNS V8!!!!

Hopefully the car is sold by then anyway.
scorp28
The only person that I can think of right now that I really want a lane with is AWD DSM 1. Not necessarily against Rob, but Shamou. I want to try to avenge my loss to the whale from about 5 years ago biggrin.gif

Will the big lady be up to it Rob?

Actually I will probably get my ass handed to me even worse than last time laugh.gif
AWD DSM 1
Doubtful...
turbohcar
QUOTE (Spyonu2007 @ Feb 16 2007, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Feb 15 2007, 08:51 PM)

Turbo 4 PWNS V8!!!!

Ive got a v8 that says otherwise.

Now that's one I'd like to see!!!

Spydogg in the sprayed TA vs. Blackboy in the Hellfire 14B
SCCA Stang
is this for all speed, run what you brung shit or is there any bracket racing involved....
turbohcar
QUOTE (Spyonu2007 @ Feb 17 2007, 09:52 AM)
QUOTE (gsxracer80 @ Feb 17 2007, 09:02 AM)
is this for all speed, run what you brung shit or is there any bracket racing involved....

Whats it matter, you havent made it that last 4 times out of 5

ohmy.gif OOOHHHH!!! I think someone just got called out!!

Sic 'em Ben!
turbohcar
I'll join the bandwagon on that note. Whatever I have, I'll be there pending weather conditions or school work.

If I've still got the Camaro, it'll be there. If I've got something new by then, slow or not, it'll be there. Run anything, run your daily driver and just go easy on it, just be there to watch, it doesn't matter but lets just have some sort of member turn out!!!
black92_tsi_awd
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Feb 16 2007, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (Spyonu2007 @ Feb 16 2007, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Feb 15 2007, 08:51 PM)

Turbo 4 PWNS V8!!!!

Ive got a v8 that says otherwise.

Now that's one I'd like to see!!!

Spydogg in the sprayed TA vs. Blackboy in the Hellfire 14B

Oh hell.....sounds good to me!

But, after I autopsy the busted 14B on my workbench, it may come out to play with something bigger ph34r.gif
awd4kicks
The Sprt Compact Drag Challenge is ment to be an event for local enthusiasts to engoy auto racing in a legal and safe as possible environment! This event is not ment to be some high society, big dog only drag race. This race is for the every-day Joe just like you and me.

I agree with Spy on our past turn-outs. I hope everyone takes advantage of these events while we have them! biggthumpup.gif
MidwestDSM
Im down as long as work doesn't throw a wrench in my plans...I'll see what I can do Monday about reserving the weekend off, and work on buying a new trans between now and May laugh.gif
turbohcar
QUOTE (MidwestDSM @ Feb 18 2007, 02:50 AM)
Im down as long as work doesn't throw a wrench in my plans...I'll see what I can do Monday about reserving the weekend off, and work on buying a new trans between now and May laugh.gif

blink.gif Having shifting problems Nick?
AWD DSM 1
F*** it... I'm bringing the minivan... who wants a piece....
awd4kicks
Bring it! laugh.gif I'll take some of that action.
MidwestDSM
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Feb 18 2007, 08:46 AM)
QUOTE (MidwestDSM @ Feb 18 2007, 02:50 AM)

blink.gif Having shifting problems Nick?

Not horrible but its going to need rebuilt eventually, might as well do it when I upgrade the clutch.
Mitsu 77
We still on spy? The Eagle wants some Firechicken for dinner.
turbohcar
QUOTE (AWD DSM 1 @ Feb 18 2007, 10:30 AM)
F*** it... I'm bringing the minivan... who wants a piece....

I'll run you in your old K20!!!
AWD DSM 1
It's on like Donkey Kong... Actually, maybe I'll bring my spaceship... it's a dodge... cause I'm the Juggernaut Bitch!!!
treydawgs4g63T
well, I FINALLY got the GSX done and its currently going through BREAK IN cycle. i put 300 miles on it this past weekend and its running great. I only have a few more things to buy then Ill need a good tuning.

Cant wait to hit up Cordova this season.
Killerfish
Spy you want a peice of me???????
natedogg
Well I guess I've beaten Spy and ODT enough that I ought to let them have a chance at redemption. Save a lane for me guys. Here's your chance. Of course as usual with DSM's I can't guarantee it will be running on race day, but I'll do my best to make sure that it is. Its just not as reliable as that American muscle, eh Spy? wink.gif
awd4kicks
QUOTE (natedogg @ Feb 20 2007, 02:46 PM)
Well I guess I've beaten Spy and ODT enough that I ought to let them have a chance at redemption. Save a lane for me guys. Here's your chance. Of course as usual with DSM's I can't guarantee it will be running on race day, but I'll do my best to make sure that it is. Its just not as reliable as that American muscle, eh Spy? wink.gif

I'm game.

And I do acknowledge getting beat by the FWD from a roll a hand-ful of times. Drag racing from a stop was a whole other issue aginst it though. ph34r.gif I also recall getting walked by the original AWD 16g car going across the bridge.

Then again I know that the Natedogg was at Cordova with his 16g AWD the day I ran 12.6's. I'm pretty sure I didn't hear of any ET's better than that from the 16g that day or EVAR!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Just ribbing you man...you better get that thing finished up so we can see a real stroker DSM get down the track! biggthumpup.gif
natedogg
WERD! biggthumpup.gif

That 16g got nuttin' on a 14b piloted by ODT.

The car is finished and running. I just need to take the next step as far as tuning goes and get some dyno time with it. A little interior update couldn't hurt either. How is yours coming along?

While I'm asking, hows the Evo and the American muscle coming along Spy?
awd4kicks
I've got everything I need to re-assemble except the 2.0 cams and the big brake calipers that I would like to employ. I finally got the Busher short block up on the engine stand a week ago and got the oil pump, filter housing, and oil pan mounted. I need to deush the inside of what appears to be dirt from sitting outside of the wraper for a while. I still hope to start the break in driving by the end of February, but that's comin on in a hurry!
Coiled
I challenge spy.

No holds barred

Thumb wrestling!
awd4kicks
HA HA HA biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
I got the O-Ringed cylinder head cleaned-up and torqued down to 120ft/lbs last night. She's getting closer to being ready for the BIG street boost! biggrin.gif
Mitsu 77
I just hope that I will have the time and money to finnish mine. dry.gif She still has to go to paint and I have to replace the pistons that I fubared. wacko.gif
black92_tsi_awd
Ah, hell. Paint is just extra weight!

Sounds like the event might shape up to be an interesting day!
97TalonTSI
The talon is ready for a couple of runs. Sounds like this is going to be an interesting day. Ryan get that eagle back together and bring it up...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.