Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saturday the 17th
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
Pages: 1, 2
scorp28
I know it is short notice but is anybody up for getting together this weekend at Old Chicago or BWW or perhaps even Joe's Crab Shack? I finally got my car running again (thanks to Rob) and after being at the mercy of other people for rides I am now able to go anywhere anytime and I feel like getting out for awhile.

So who all wants to go?
awd4kicks
I'm up for it. That would make TWO Talons at the same DSM gathering. That's got to be a record lately! laugh.gif
mitsu90
talk to your sister and if she up for it we'll be there
AWD DSM 1
I may be able to escape for a bit....
haunter
I think people are meeting in BN that night.....
awd4kicks
Where at Haunter?
Kazz5
If I have a suitable ride I might make it. Currently can't make over 13psi... *Laugh*
AWD DSM 1
QUOTE (haunter @ Mar 14 2007, 08:43 AM)

You're refering to the CSS crew, right Haunter?

I'd prefer something in the Peoria area, personally... gas is expensive.
97TalonTSI
I was planning on going to the one in Bloomington . It is not until 9 or so. I would like to meet some of you guys at some point. It would be sweet if you guys would come over here but if not I guess I will have to make the trip.
Kazz5
QUOTE (Spyonu2007 @ Mar 14 2007, 02:07 PM)
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ Mar 14 2007, 01:40 PM)
If I have a suitable ride I might make it.  Currently can't make over 13psi... *Laugh*

you having turbo problems, boost controller problems, or is your system in need of a leak check?

Still trying to get that Buschur COP working and, even with an amp, it won't. Going back to stock ignition with DLI II in order to prove it. Wonderful conversation coming up with Dan Buschur ...
scorp28
QUOTE (97TalonTSI @ Mar 14 2007, 06:44 PM)
I was planning on going to the one in Bloomington . It is not until 9 or so. I would like to meet some of you guys at some point. It would be sweet if you guys would come over here but if not I guess I will have to make the trip.

I haven't heard about that one. I know that CSS is meeting up at Godfathers in Pekin @ 7:00 that night but I would prefer something a little better to eat than Godfathers.

Spyonu2007

I can probaby make it after 7, or Ill drag the kidlets with me.
I think thats just what the Dr. Ordered...
Im down for what ever.

I was thinking 7 or later also. Maybe 8:00

I have been wanting to get back to Joe's because it has been forever since I have been there but if anybody doesn't like what they have to offer I am open to any of the ones that I mentioned earlier. What does everybody else prefer (time and location)? Lets get this all set up and reservations made biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
Any of those three are ok with me. I'd prbably lean toward Old Chicago, but we always seem to go there. So a change may not be bad.

Are we talking Firday or Saturday?
AWD DSM 1
title says saturday???

Not much of a seafood guy, but I can probably find something to eat no matter where we go.
natedogg
If you guys can decide on a place I may be able to break free for a few hours. I'm up for any of the restaurants mentioned as well, though BWW does sound a little less hard on the ole wallet.
natedogg
Ahh, scratch that. The wife just reminded me we already have dinner plans with some people.
ncgalant
I wish I could make it, but I think I've already got dinner plans.
Kazz5
QUOTE (Spyonu2007 @ Mar 14 2007, 10:31 PM)
Pretty sure its Dave that you want to talk to...
Dan doesnt know his head from his ass.

Dan's who put them together, apparently ...
97TalonTSI
I have dinner plans here in Bloomington, but if anyone wants to cruise over here to Bloomington, I guess some people are meeting at K`s at around 9. If anyone is interested call me at 309-261-6880. We could meet up somewhere and cruise over there. It is a cruise night so people are meeting and then cruising weather premitting.
awd4kicks
QUOTE (scorp28 @ Mar 14 2007, 07:22 AM)
I know it is short notice but is anybody up for getting together this weekend...

title says saturday???

My bad, when I re-read the post I ONLY noticed the 'weekend' part. Duh

Ahh, scratch that. The wife just reminded me we already have dinner plans with some people.

But of corse rolleyes.gif WE COULDA HAD THREE TALONS TOGETHER AT ONE TIME. That's like lining up three planets man! laugh.gif
awd4kicks
Also,

Does anyone have a logger that can bring to this event? I'm not ready to crank the boost, but by Saturday I will have well over 500mi. on the break-in and should be able to at least go to 15psi without any special tunes. I'd rather be safe than sorry for the umteenth time though.

I don't know if I'll be up for the Bloomington trip if we are eating in P-town. Just depends on the night and who's with me.
mitsu90
I have one if I show I will bring it. biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
That would be great Mitsu! I would really appreciate it. biggthumpup.gif
haunter
QUOTE (AWD DSM 1 @ Mar 14 2007, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (haunter @ Mar 14 2007, 08:43 AM)

You're refering to the CSS crew, right Haunter?

I'd prefer something in the Peoria area, personally... gas is expensive.

naw, Central Ill Car Enthusiast Network

K's 9PMish
Kazz5
Apparently, we're delaying celebrating my son's 18th birthday until Saturday now so I'm most likely out, sorry.
scorp28
Sounds like everybody that is planning to go is ok with 8:00, at least nobody said otherwise. So before I leave for work I will call BWW (for something different) at Grand Prairie and see if they can hold a place for us. I will tell them a table for 8 in case someone unexpected shows up. If we end up needing more I am sure they can help us out with that.

If for some reason they can't fit us in then I will go with the old standby.
treydawgs4g63T
me and winkler might be in. Ill let you know further info tonite. Supposed to go to a bachelor parts at like 9 or 10 but ill be late ot hang with you guys for a bit.
asiankid91
i mite show
Kazz5
Ya know, there's a slight chance we'll be AT BWW in Peoria for supper Saturday night ... LOL
97TalonTSI
I am sure no one was going to come over to b-town. But if there is a slight chance. I wont not make the trip. I am leaving to go party in Indy and it looks like not to many people are going plus it is going to be cold.
scorp28
Change in venue. BWW could not give us a reservation. They said we would just have to show up and wait for enought room. So it is now Old Chicago at Grand Prairie. They have us as a call ahead for 10 people and said it should not be much of a wait if at all. Just in case I will be getting there about 7:30.
awd4kicks
I'll be there with the other half!

We need to make sure some one has a camera. If we can get Black_92 to bring his recently risen DSM, we will need photo coverage of those brought back from the dead! biggrin.gif
treydawgs4g63T
ok guys, me, tylor ( my brother ) and cory ( winkler1g ) will be attending. If there are any people from pekin who would like to cruise up together let us know where to meet at.
scorp28
I will bring my regular digital camera but my digital camcorder took a crap on me.
mitsu90
your camcorder is still fuct??
scorp28
QUOTE (mitsu90 @ Mar 17 2007, 01:21 PM)
your camcorder is still fuct??

Yeah, when I try to play it back all it shows is a black screen so I don't know if it records or not.
mitsu90
bring it over and I will load it to the pc
AWD DSM 1
Me and the Mrs will be there...
black92_tsi_awd
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Mar 17 2007, 10:53 AM)
We need to make sure some one has a camera. If we can get Black_92 to bring his recently risen DSM, we will need photo coverage of those brought back from the dead! biggrin.gif

Would have been a nice photo shoot...

Spent the day with the family, and the night in the garage. Hope there was a nice turn out and post up the picts! biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
GREAT meet guys! biggthumpup.gif

We had a good turn-out and 3 DSM's side by side plus Spy's wicked TA. It was good to meet TJ, Tyler and Cory and good to see Adam and everyone else! There were MANY pictures taken. I look forward to seeing them posted up!

Thanks to Bob for the use of his logger and NC for riding shot gun to keep track of the vitals as we got the boost turned up to about 17psi with little to no knock! biggrin.gif

Thanks for setting it up Scorp!
mitsu90
good time as always biggthumpup.gif

next time maybe we can get 2 GVR4's to show
scorp28
It was a pretty good time. More people showed than I expected, sorry for those that had to stand and wait until we got another table.

Of the pics that I took only one turned out. I guess if I'm going to take pics at night I need a camera with a better flash or one that makes better use of available light sad.gif
mitsu90
damn I didn't even think about it, that camera has a nite time setting sad.gif
scorp28
Yeah I just figured that out wacko.gif laugh.gif

Oh well I think Dan got most of the same ones that I took plus more.
turbohcar
LMAO at Dan feeding his face!!!!
awd4kicks
Ok now that the one and only picture of the event had to be taken down, we need to have the rest posted! biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
Check out some of the pictures taken at the meet this past March.

Pictures
scorp28
I knew the 2G's were a little wider than the 1G's but damn that pic from the front makes it look about a foot wider, and still not much more room inside. biggrin.gif
treydawgs4g63T
alright guys, the last little get together was a pretty good time. When are we gonna do it again. Hopefully soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.