Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time for another get together
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
scorp28
OK ladies, it's been a little over 2 months since our last get together (not counting SCDC) and I think it's time to plan another one. I am thinking Saturday June 9th. That gives us almost 2 full weeks (12 days) to finalize plans and for everybody that want to join in to make arrangements to be there.

I suggest something that we haven't done before. How about a DSMC golf outing? I haven't played in 2 years and I have been wanting to get back out there again and this would be the perfect excuse to go again. I know that not everybody golfs so I figure afterwards we could all meet up at a park somewhere for a cookout also.

What do ya think?
awd4kicks
I'm game. biggthumpup.gif
MidwestDSM
Golf sounds fun, but I'm gawd awful.
scorp28
QUOTE (MidwestDSM @ May 28 2007, 11:30 PM)
Golf sounds fun, but I'm gawd awful.

You can't be no worse than I am biggrin.gif
ncgalant
Never golfed before. Guess this gives me the excuse to go that I was looking for. I think there's a dusty bag of clubs in my dad's attic.
AWD DSM 1
I might be up for this one...
Booztd 3
June 9th is NOPI in St Louis BTW.....

I'll be headed down there smile.gif
awdnot2
Yup June 9 and 10th, Gateway Raceway is where we'll be racing.
JBone
QUOTE (Booztd 3 @ May 29 2007, 08:00 AM)
June 9th is NOPI in St Louis BTW.....

I'll be headed down there smile.gif

Hmmm.... Sounds like The JBone knows what he's going to be doing now.

Darryl, feel free to give me a comp pass wink.gif

Also, Andy, I want to see that Z.

... Sorry for hijacking the thread like that... continue on ph34r.gif
scorp28
I was reminded last night that the 9th is our annual family reunion/cookout. So it will have to be the 10th if that is ok with the people that still wanted to go. I would like to go to NOPI but don't have enough money for that right now. So if anybody is still going to be around that weekend I was thinking a round at maybe Madison and then everybody get together at maybe Bradley Park to have a little cookout. If anybody has suggestions for somewhere else let me know. I would like to call by at least Wednesday to reserve a tee time.

So far it looks like me, kicks, nc, awddsm1, and midwestDsm for a round of golf. Who else wants to join in? Who would be coming for just the cookout?
AWD DSM 1
make sure to put me down for a big maybe... starting to sound like this weekend will be a busy one again.... dry.gif
haunter
ugh thats my first travel free weekend in 3 weeks, need to spend some time at home relaxing, or doing lots of yardwork, most likely the latter sad.gif
natedogg
I might be up for the cook out. So I guess I'm a maybe as well.
awd4kicks
Add one more to the list. A buddy from work is interested in the golfing. I'm absolutely down for this but I would prefer to start no sooner than noon so I can do the church thing. biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
Where is Madison and are we on? What time are we thinking?
scorp28
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Jun 6 2007, 07:37 AM)
Where is Madison and are we on? What time are we thinking?

2735 Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Peoria, IL

I didn't remember to call until I was on my way to work today but I will definitely call tomorrow before work.

I was thinking I would probably make the reservation at 12:15 or 12:30. Will that work for you?

Starting at that time I figure we should finish up around 3:30-4:00ish depending on how many people actually show up. Then we would still have time for a dinner cookout or we could meet up at a restaurant somewhere and save the cookout for another weekend earlier in the day.

If we decide on the cookout I will supply the brats and burgers but would have to have somebody pick them up for me and then I would pay you for them when I got there because I would not want them to sit in my car while I was golfing biggrin.gif

So who else would bring what or would you all prefer to eat out somewhere?
AWD DSM 1
well, I'm out for the golf end of it, but hopefully can still make the cookout/dinner portion.
awd4kicks
I appreciate the consideration on the time. If that doesn't work out for everyone else though, I am flexible.

I will be there regardless of the time! biggthumpup.gif
I can bring some food for a cook-out, but I would probably prefer to go eat inside somewhere after golfing for 3-4 hours.
ncgalant
Well I've got clubs, so I'll be there. Any predictions on what I will do more of, knock grass clumps or lose balls?
scorp28
Tee time is 12:04. I will be there at ~11:30.

Midwest, are you going to be there for sure?

Since we are starting that late in the day I think it would be best to go somewhere to eat also. I have had a request for Hooters so if that is ok with everyone else lets meet there at say 4:30. That will give us plenty of time to get finished and if we have to we can hang out in the parking lot for 20-30 minutes as we would most likely have to do anyway. Even if you don't want to eat for whatever reason at least show up and have a drink and hang out for a little while.

P.S. Remember this is going down on Sunday the 10th instead of what was originally planned Saturday.
awd4kicks
Had a great time! Thanks for stting things up Scorp. biggthumpup.gif
ncgalant
I'm pretty sure the air swings were more frequent. I had a great time though! We need to do it again before the summer is out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.