Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AutoX June 23rd, 24th
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
SCCA Stang
Hey huys, sorry for the late thread....

The Champaign County Sports Car Club is holding an AutoX at the Coles County Airport....
see CCSCC Main site

Daily Event Schedule

Late Registration: 10:30 - 11:00am ($10.00 late registration fee)
Tech Inspection: 9:15am - 10:45am
Rookie Walkthrough: 10:45am
Mandatory Course Walkthrough: 11:15am
Drivers' Meeting: Follows Course Walkthrough
First Car Off: 11:45am

The GSX will be there as Myself and Lars will be piloting her to a hopeful victory in DSP

Good luck, hope to see a few familiar faces!!!!
awd4kicks
How was the auto-x? I wasn't able to make it.
SCCA Stang
Tons of fun.....

Saturday, I struggled with the GSX all day... first off, I lost a spring rubber on one of my runs and didn't realize it until the next run.... the car was nearly unmanageable....

then the A/C idler pulley started coming loose and started to chew into my timing cover... luckily found that before it ate my timing belt for lunch

then the day ender (on my last run)..... the seal between the oil cooler and the block let loose and I dumped 5 quarts of mobil 1 all over the track.... being the any Mitsu dealer would be closed at 5 PM on Saturday and it would likely take 2 weeks to get the seal anyway, I decided to use adaptive strategy..... I found that a PF1233 ACDelco oil filter seal was the exact same size and shape as the oil cooler seal... so I bought one from Advance auto and 5 quarts of oil and got it going again.....

I decided that racing the GSX on sunday when I had to get it to washington on sunday would be a bad idea... so my friend loaned me his BMW 325is and I went home Sunday with a 1st place trophy (shirt) for DSP.....

The car made it all the way to Washington without trouble.....

long weekend, but it was still fun

BTW.... my times were 3 seconds faster in my friends BMW than his were....
awd4kicks
Good Job Ben biggthumpup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.