Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SLO PNY DRAG DAY - JULY 29, 2007
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
awd4kicks
Sunday July 29th, 2007
Cordova Drag Strip
Noon to 4:00 PM
Gates open at 11am

Come get the feel of street racing with all the safety features only found at a true drag strip!

This event is always a fun and friendly drag competition for all racers. With a Test and Tune style layout, you can run grudge matches or whoever you happen to line up against. No long lines, lots of serious gear heads, and tons of quarter mile passes in a safe & legal environment!

$100 prize for quickest *street car
$50 prize for quickest *race car
$50 prize for winning bracket racer

Racer Entry Fee (at gate): $40.00
Spectators/Crew 16 and over: $10.00

No pre-registration required - Just show up and have some fun!

For more information on Cordova, visit CordovaDrag.com

*Fine Print: Our basic definition of a race car is any tube frame vehicle or one with an 8 point or greater roll cage. We reserve the right to make this decision based on each individual car's set-up. There will be no special lane reserved for anyone. All cars will race side by side the way it was meant to be! Elimination runs will be held between all brackets for those that want to participate. Cash will be given out the day of the race. A $10.00 fee will be required for each additional race vehicle entered by the same racer.
awd4kicks
So who's going to make this event?

I'll be there and I challenge anyone and everyone to a race! If you don't have a 10 second or low 11 second car you better start wrenching on it though!

Or I could go out and get an F-body so I can run with the 13 second crowd! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You know I'm just playin wink.gif
black92_tsi_awd
I may be there to watch. My wife's leaving town so I have to watch the kids.

Hard to race and watch kids at the same time....unless I tie them to the playground equipment, hmmmmm
Kazz5
Will there be turbo and N/A classes? Breakdowns by 4-6-8 cyl, etc.? Or just the 3?
awd4kicks
Just the three catagories listed are all that is planned for. If enough racers show and we have enough time other options may be available.

For now just count on being the fastest street car, race car or win the brackets to get some cold hard Cash! biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
I've mentioned this on the CSS so I should post it here as well.

All female attendees must wear a bikini except when they are racing. In the event that they are racing another member added that a thong and bikini top must be worn under their racing gear... Because that's the HOTNESS! tongue.gif
turbohcar
What about me? How about if I bring the quad and run it while wearing a bikini top, would that qualify?
Kazz5
OK, so, I'm sick of this shit. I was just informed I'll be at work Saturday, the 28th at 10pm until Sunday, the 29th at 10am.

I know the job pays for the play, but when the job doesn't give you time to play it's time for a change, eh? Bastards.
awd4kicks
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Jul 12 2007, 12:59 PM)
What about me?  How about if I bring the quad and run it while wearing a bikini top, would that qualify?

I think I speak for all of us when I say... Um HELL NO! Now if you have your girl riding the Quad in a bikin...that's totally different! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Kazz... I think you have more excuses than Image. ph34r.gif
natedogg
I'll say I'd definitely like to be there. Back's feeling good but I found out last weekend that its not a big fan of road trips just yet.
Kazz5
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Jul 12 2007, 12:15 PM)
What about me?  How about if I bring the quad and run it while wearing a bikini top, would that qualify?

I think I speak for all of us when I say... Um HELL NO! Now if you have your girl riding the Quad in a bikin...that's totally different! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This IS a bad year - I've only made one autocross and it was the test & tune.

Maybe I'll have to pull a kapoosh and go up to midnight mayhem sometime!
JBone

SICK BURN!!!
kapoosh
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ Jul 12 2007, 05:37 PM)

This IS a bad year - I've only made one autocross and it was the test & tune.

Maybe I'll have to pull a kapoosh and go up to midnight mayhem sometime!

I think i saw you driving down university like 30 minutes ago behind a bunch of bikes. Car looks good.

And i plan on being there, but still too far away to know for sure.
Kazz5
Yep, thanks, that was me. It lives in the garage WAY too damn much lately. I was headed down to Hooters for wings, oysters, and beer. I was thinking about posting it, but it was already 7:30, so...

I need to lay eyes on that IX of yours...
awd4kicks
Adding a new price break for the ladies.

It was recommended that if a bikini is worn, that person get's in for free. I'm all for that. Here are the guidlines:

Ladies only

Bikini must be worn in the designed fashion.

No cover-up

Please no driving through the gate with Bikini just to be immediately change once in for free.

Any guy that tries this will be paying double! tongue.gif
Killerfish
Are you going to let me sponsor a diesel class?
awd4kicks
If your willing, I am! biggthumpup.gif

Throw your offer up here or give me a ring.
black92_tsi_awd
killerfish
You got the nitrous kit hooked up?
turbohcar
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Jul 14 2007, 07:22 AM)
Any guy that tries this will be paying double! tongue.gif

Awwww man, why you gotta be a party pooper! dry.gif
Killerfish
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Jul 16 2007, 03:27 PM)
If your willing, I am! biggthumpup.gif

Throw your offer up here or give me a ring.

100$ for the fastest diesel!!!!! (I am not allowed to win)
Killerfish
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Jul 16 2007, 06:12 PM)
killerfish
You got the nitrous kit hooked up?

Yes!! And the new turbo and the new injection pump etc.......
black92_tsi_awd
ohmy.gif

biggthumpup.gif

My kids are going to love watching that beast run. I can just see it now...Daddy, why can't mommy's SUV go fast like that truck??
Well kids, if you can find a hiding spot for a blue bottle, mommy will be able to get you to school real fast!!
Killerfish
biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
Good news and bad news!

The Talon has no Transmission parts to make it to the show.

The good news is that RevHard will be providing additional prizes for the racing classes! Thanks RevHard!
awd4kicks
On my way to open the gates! Hope to see you all there. wink.gif
AWD DSM 1
I want to see the pics of the bikinis.... biggrin.gif
Killerfish
Where you going to post the PICS Spy?
AWD DSM 1
QUOTE (Spyonu2007 @ Jul 30 2007, 08:16 AM)
QUOTE (AWD DSM 1 @ Jul 30 2007, 06:18 AM)
I want to see the pics of the bikinis....  biggrin.gif

Zero bikini action

Figures... dry.gif
black92_tsi_awd
Good time Marcus, thanks for putting it on again. Wish I could have raced though!

Kids had a good time and loved the smokin diesels!! I had to lift them both up to look in the engine compartments!

I did see one bikini...photo didn't come out though mad.gif
kapoosh
had a great time. The car didnt run nearly as well as last time but i think it was due to the heat. (or i have a boost leak, but i'm hoping it was due to the heat)

Thanks for putting it on!
rlsracing
Had a great time!

Thank you for putting on this event, Marcus.

-Ryan
awd4kicks
No Problem Ryan. We were honored to have you attend and lay down the quickest passes of the day! biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
Slo Pny Drag Day 2007 was a great success!

We had 41 vehicles entered for racing and I think almost everyone got their share of runs in and then some. We seen a 200HP 4-banger Corsica, on up to Ryan's wheel popping Mustang! There were more close races than I could have set-up if I planned it out. :woop:

Even in the heat, everything seemed to go pretty smooth. No serious breakages and lot of spectators to enjoy the runs.

The elimination rounds went as follows:

Fastest street car:
This event started out with seven entrants. The first round eliminations left four cars... VG's Red C5 squeezed out the red Z28. And Brandon Howdyshell's silver S10 took out the White 11 second EVO. That left Brandon and VGLNTE in the final round. It was a good straight up run and Brandon came home with the win running an 11.86@116 to VGLNTE's 12.58@103. Brandon took home $100 cash plus a $100 gift certificate from RevHard to use toward dyno tuning!

Fastest Race Car:
We only had three entrants for this event, but they were WILD! Danny got the Bye run in his White and blue Fox body, While Ryan took out the Bad Nova of Sam Risby. That was a great looking race! Then it came down to Danny and Ryan. Both in Fox bodies, but only one winner. Ryan claimed the prize with a 10.26 @ 130 to Danny's 11 flat at 124! AWESOME racing! Ryan walked away with $50 cash plus a $100 gift certificate from RevHard to use toward dyno tuning! Surprisingly Ryan told me this is the first time he has won anything at the track! Well, I can tell that it won’t be the last! Congratulations on the fastest car at the track Ryan! (I'll let you divulge your best time if you so choose)

Bracket Racing:
Although we get a lot of call for a bracket race every year only three folks took advantage of it this year. Trause in the White Trans Am took home the win taking home $50 cash! Good Job and way to grab the loot while it's being offered.

Fastest Diesel Truck - Sponsored by Racer's Edge Midwest.
Racer's Edge showed everyone that a local six cylinder Diesel truck can run in the 13's! They don't even have their meth injection and nitrous working properly yet! The race started and ended with two beautiful black 4x4 trucks. George came home with the win in a spectacularly close race. George was a few hundredths slower in his Ford PowerStroke, but won anyway when the Dodge Cumin’s red lit off the line. Both ran incredibly respectable 14.7's and all the Diesel guys made the wildest smoke shows!:woop:

RevHard also put on some sweet demonstration runs! They hit a new best of 10.16@146mph with their four cylinder Eagle Talon!

I've got some good video footage, but I will have to convert it to digital before I can post it. If anyone is interested in pictures of a particular car, get a hold of Images.n.motion@gmail.com with a description of the car. I hear that there were some real incredible shots taken.

I can’t believe that we didn't have any of the hotties take advantage of the free entry by Bikini, but I was glad to see you all come out to enjoy a great day of racing!

Thanks goes out to everyone.
Marcus Crebo
rlsracing
The best hit I made was a 9.871 @ 133.30mph w/ a 100hp shot via a direct port system... that was the first time I've sprayed this new bullet, so I've some room to grow a bit as long as I don't make a mistake. ph34r.gif

Thanks,
-Ryan
awd4kicks
Congrat's Ryan...That flat out ROCKS!
natedogg
Good runs, Ryan!
stang2000
yes, thanks for having the event. I had a great time for my first time ever at a track. Not bad for a rookie smile.gif Also thanks to spy for adding the footage of my last 3 runs.

I'll definately take it again, but will probably be next year sometime.
rlsracing
Thanks again fellas and thanks to spy for posting up those vids. biggthumpup.gif

-Ryan
awd4kicks
No problem fellas! It's good to see our local guys take advantage of these kind of events while they last. That's what this is all about! wink.gif
black92_tsi_awd
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Aug 4 2007, 07:42 AM)
It's good to see our local guys take advantage of these kind of events while they last.

While they last??? You thinking of not hosting the events next year?
awd4kicks
I didn't say that, but I won't be doing them forever. So we need to take advantage of these benefits while they are available.
JBone
I won't be doing them forever

Yeah, you never know when the ODT will blow out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.