Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: August 10th Cordova Friday Fun Night
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
awd4kicks
Friday Fun Night at Cordova on August 10th, 2007.

I plan to have my transmission in and make it to this event.
Sounds like RevHard will be there again and with a new turbo I assume.

Who all is going?
Booztd 3
Yes, i'll be up there with a big nissan group
black92_tsi_awd
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Jul 30 2007, 08:04 PM)
I'm assuming that they are referring to Friday Fun Night at Cordova on August 10th, 2007.

Cool, I'm going with a group of guys from work that day. If the car's suspension is back together...
awdnot2
Looks like we'll be there.
awd4kicks
#$%#$%!!! I am pretty certain that I will not have the Talon repaired by then. I just had to order three new bearings and races for the Transmission. They won't ship until Wednesday, which means if I get them Thursday I will not have the transmission back in until Friday night or the weekend.

I'm getting tired of not having something to drive/race, but I really don't want to miss out on this Friday evening fun. I may just go as a spectator. Anyone need a co-pilot for the trip there and back?
black92_tsi_awd
Damn Kicks, you have shitty luck.

If my wife backs out of co-piloting, I'll let you know.
awd4kicks
Nope, didn't even get the parts today. Looks like a weekend project. But I would still like to go watch the fun.

When are you all going? And who wants to drive me up there? laugh.gif laugh.gif
black92_tsi_awd
I plan on being there at 5:30. Sorry, I can't offer you a ride, wife's still going and there's no back seat anymore.

Our group from work will be about 6 guys. I imagine we will be able to be found near Darryl's trailer biggrin.gif
awd4kicks
No problem. Evan wants to go too, so I will probably take the family truckster (Astro Van). That means I have seating for another 4-5 people if anyone else wants to go! We can make a paarty out of it. biggthumpup.gif
black92_tsi_awd
Run the van in trophy! A little bracket racing will be good for you! biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
HA! I bet the old van would be consistent... Consistently slow!
I would not want to subject the crowd to a 27 second mini van run. happy.gif
awd4kicks
So how did it go Playa's!?

My broke a$$ didn't make it. dry.gif
black92_tsi_awd
Was wondering where the hell you were.

Got at least 11 runs in. 12.6X's to 13.0's. The heat and humidity were killing me. Trying to dial in the new shocks, got to look at the video to see if it's lauching more level. Got the 60's more consitent but still in the 1.7's.

Did run a buddy of mine and we had identicle 12.902 et'swith a 108.02 to a 108.04mph. Good race and I got him on a holeshot. biggthumpup.gif

Met Booztd 3 at the gas station after the races. Ran him on the track, but he had some issues on that run, otherwise he would have smoked me.
Booztd 3
Ah yes, so many problems friday night, extreme heat, race gas, broken clutch slave cylinders, it goes on, lol

Thats the last time I ever go to a track with race gas and no idea what the tune is going to do. I ran better on a pump gas tune.
Booztd 3
QUOTE (Spyonu2007 @ Aug 12 2007, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (Booztd 3 @ Aug 12 2007, 01:43 PM)
Ah yes, so many problems friday night, extreme heat, race gas, broken clutch slave cylinders, it goes on, lol

Thats the last time I ever go to a track with race gas and no idea what the tune is going to do. I ran better on a pump gas tune.

totally sucks to hear!
Man, youve been plauged by clutch issues.

I know, but I suppose it could be worse sad.gif
Booztd 3
Still working out the bugs, but seemed to be hooking a bit better after the tires and alignment. I managed a 1.7 60 foot, still alot of room to improve but its going to take some time getting the 2-step setup to work well....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.