Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory MOD event
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
curt_gendron
Mitsubishi will be having its Factory MOD event again this year. It will be September 8th from 10am to 3pm, at there plant in Normal, IL. Here is the flyer:

Here are some pics from the last two years:
http://mn3s.org/MOD2005/index.html
http://mn3s.org/MOD2006/index.htm

I found a pic of the portable dyno in use at the California MOD:

Here is another pic before they hook up the car:

I'm sure this is what they'll be using at the Factory MOD too. Can't wait!

later,
Curt
Zmann42087
I'll be there fo' sho! biggthumpup.gif
curt_gendron
Only a week away now. Looks like they have a nice dyno list going.

later,
Curt
turbohcar
How in the heck does the portable dyno work???

I've seen them on trailers before that you back onto, but nothing like that.
SCCA Stang
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Aug 31 2007, 04:10 PM)
How in the heck does the portable dyno work???

I've seen them on trailers before that you back onto, but nothing like that.

looks like dyno packs (I believe that is what Genesis Racing Developement uses too).... they unbolt your wheels and bolt the dyno boxes to your hubs.... then you make your pull.
curt_gendron
I think both AMS and Buschur are on the dyno list. Should be fun to watch.

later,
Curt
Kazz5
What dyno list? Does anyone have any link to what AMS will have there (products, services, NOT vehicles) as well as Buschur?

Thanks.
Zmann42087
Found this dyno video from the MOD out in Cali. Sure looks like fun... GSX @ MOD '07 (428awhp)
curt_gendron
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ Sep 2 2007, 04:30 PM)
What dyno list? Does anyone have any link to what AMS will have there (products, services, NOT vehicles) as well as Buschur?

Thanks.

On the WIDSM board there was a partial list of who is going on the dyno:

The following is the schedule and participants for the Dyno Shootout at
the Factory Mod 07 on September 8th.
We will be using a Dynopak all wheel drive dyno.

Time Participant

10:00 Tina Olsen

10:30 Alex Silva

11:00 AMS Performance

11:30 Chris Drew

12:00 Buschur Racing

12:30 Eric Kochanski
awdnot2
We're registered for the dyno competition also.
Kazz5
I can't find any sign-up on their page. That's OK. Something tells me I'll be spending time on their dyno in their shop soon anyway.

It looks like there should be some interesting pulls, tho!
awd4kicks
I may go to this. It will be the first time I've had the Talon running for one of these in a long time.

I thought the dyno thing would be cool, and I could beat that GSX's AWHP in a sleeper, but after seeing folks like Darryl, AMS and Buscher on the list. Hell No! That would just look pathetic.
awdnot2
Due to time constraints there are limited spots for the dyno competition. We're kinda on stand-by for the competition.
awd4kicks
Anyone else from DSMCentral want to head over to the Mod event with me?
natedogg
I would, but I'll be out of town...again.
black92_tsi_awd
I was thinking about it until the car died. I'll hopefully be tearing it down this weekend.
Zmann42087
Unfortunately, my car won't be ready by tomorrow. I pulled the T-25 a couple weeks ago and I'm still waiting to receive my FP Big28 turbo. I was hoping it'd be here before this weekend but it just didn't happen.

None-the-less, I'm still going to MOD. Me and a couple buddies will be meeting up at the Walgreens on Kirby and Neil in Champaign at about 8:30AM before we head out to Bloomington-Normal for the event. Anyone wanting to join us is more than welcome.
awd4kicks
Cool. I'll give you a call so we can hook up for Saturday. biggthumpup.gif
Kazz5
Trying to get a Peoria area departure started over in sissynet. Current suggestion is the Arby's on War Memorial across from Willow Knolls shopping center (Olive Garden, Willow Knolls 14, etc.) at 9am!
kapoosh
i'll be at the arby's at 9 if that's the plan.
awd4kicks
I'll wait at the Goodfield exit around 9:15 for you all to go by. Spy call my cell when you are getting close if you are going to roll out with these guys.
Zmann42087
Well, I'm back guys... I had an awesome time and I didn't even bring my car! Got tons of free stuff, met some cool people, and saw great cars. Good stuff! biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
I got a ticket on the way there... not racing. I just wasn't paying attention. I had a great time at the event. Had I known the whole deal was ALL free I would have went in previous years even without my car!
THE REAL DEAL
i went. i was the only person there with a dsmtuners shirt on and probably the ugliest 1g there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.