Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil pump gears/ balanceshaft timing
DSMCentral > Forum > Tech Info
treydawgs4g63T
Ok , when i put the new gears in the oil pump i didnt know that the two gears had timing marks on them for the rear balance shaft. Therefore Im not sure if the rear shaft is in time or not. I asked a tech at the dealership and he said the only thing it will cause is a vibration ( who cares ). I just wanted to ask all you guys if I should pull the motor back out and check/fix it or just leave it. I can deal with a vibration ( since usually dont have balance shafts anyways ) but I dont want it to hurt any of the internal parts.

Will it cause anything horrible or should I be fine?
ncgalant
QUOTE (Spyonu2007 @ Aug 7 2007, 11:39 PM)
"Vibration".
I assure you, if its not in time, the virbration will be more than you want to deal with.

quite right sir. A balance shaft out of time will make for more vibration than removing them all together.
natedogg
Fix it or remove the shaft altogether. Two balance shafts out of phase with eachother and the crank will cause way more vibration than no moving balance shafts at all.
treydawgs4g63T
thanks guys , I will be fixing this problem this weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.