Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2-day HPDE track day at Putnam Park Oct. 6-7
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
RacerX11
I am posting this info from Collin's thread over at cicenet to see if there is any more interest from the DSM crowd besides Wort and Marcus. Original Thread Link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There has been some interest in another group HPDE this year, and Putnam Park seems pretty agreeable for most everyone. I have never driven Putnam but hear it is a really fun track. NASA has an event scheduled there for October 6-7, 2007.

This is a NASA (National Auto Sport Association) event, crossing between their Midwest chapter and OH/IN chapter. To participate, you must become a NASA member, which is $40 a year. My favorite benefit of being a member is the included subscription to Grassroots Motorsport magazine (very nice!).

Putnam has a track rule that Snell SA (special applications) helmets are required... Snell M (motorcycle) will NOT pass tech inspection for this track. This is not a NASA rule but a Putnam Park rule. Helmet must be SA2000 or SA2005.

Putnam Park is about 30 miles West of Indianapolis. Link to track HERE.

Registration is now open, cost is $275 for both saturday and sunday, plus the $40 for NASA membership. NASA usually gives an option of one or two days, but I am only seeing a whole weekend package here. For two days, $275 is actually quite reasonable.

Intermediate and advanced students can rent transponders for laptimes.

Link to event registration

NASA does provide classroom instruction and some in-car instructors for novice students. If this is your first event, I recommend contacting the organizers to verify what kind of instruction is available. When/if possible, I also volunteer to ride with and/or offer rides during my on-track sessions (not that I know the course, lol).

Who wants to go??

Time to register!!
kapoosh
i'd love to do it, i just don't think i'll have the money for it. the event+brakes+tires, i didnt save enough money this summer for something like this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.