Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2007 DSM shootout - Take 2
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
akamiami
The information below is largely a repost from this thread on Evolutionm.net.

As most know, the first shootout got rained out and so today was a re-do for those willing to make a 2nd trip to Ohio.

AMS just unveiled a new setup that included a Air to Water intercooler and while they did not post their new actual HP figure, they did say they own the new record, which would suggest > 1020 hp, a +150 hp gain from their previous figure of 847 hp if memory serves me correctly. So basically, AMS changed some things on their drag car, upped the HP considerably, and went to the track in Buschur's back yard in search of reclaiming the speed record from Dave.

They set a new record for the Evo with 171.2 mph! They also hold the current ET record of 8.56 seconds. I'm not too crazy interested in drag racing these days, but those numbers are pretty impressive.

Since I know AMS has members on DSMCentral, let me be the first to say "Congrats to the entire team!" biggthumpup.gif

Here's a video of one of their runs.

akamiami
Buschur Racing broke the rear end and x-fer case on Saturday on their Evo drag car, so Dave & co. fixed it and came out today, 15-Oct. The result was a 172.7 mph pass which reclaimed the speed record for Buschur.

To keep things in perspective with the DSM's, John Shepherd's speed record to date is 195.11 mph set on 10-Nov-06. On that same day, he ran a 7.701 @ 191.32. Amazing.

The Evo camp has it's work cut out, but with two great shops like AMS and Buschur fighting it out, it should be an interesting rivalry.
awd4kicks
Nice! Good info Kris. biggthumpup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.