Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CCSCC: Rantoul AutoX - Nov 17/18
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
SCCA Stang
Hey guys... just thought I would post this up here.

There will be one last AutoX coming from the CCSCC this year.

Event will be held in Rantoul at the aviation center as usual.

the unusual is that Sunday the 18th is a Street Tire Challenge. R-Compound tires are welcome and will bunched together into an indexed class. Open classes will consist of street tires only.

Registration will close at 10am both days.

if you have any questions go to http://ccsportscarclub.org/ccscc-soloii.html

I unfortunately will not be in attendance due to conflicting obligations....

Good luck and enjoy!!!
Zmann42087
I'll be there.. just have to decide whether I'm going to bring the E30 BMW or the DSM.
awd4kicks
As stated in another thread I will be taking the Talon on Sunday. I believe Spy will be going as well.
SCCA Stang
I believe that they are defining street rubber as a treadwear rating of 180 or higher
RacerX11
160 or higher treadwear is street tires for this event.
awd4kicks
I just posted on CICE that I only have one set of tires and that's what I'll be running. They are my Sumitomo HRT+ street tires. I have no idea what the tread wear rating is on them.
awd4kicks
I had a GREAT time at the auto-x today! The ol' Talon wasn't the quickest by far. I was happy with the 60.xxx considering I didn't have any specific seat time since the beginning of last year. I think Eric and I definitely did our best at raw displays of power, tire shreding and engine abuse!

Thanks to all of those that put this event together.
awd4kicks
Oh I should embelish a bit.

The Talon made the trip all the way to Rantoul and back. I cruised all the way with cruise control and nothing broke! Pretty fantastic I'd say!

To put the time for the course in perspective, the fastest times were 52.xxx by a formula SAE open wheel car and Russ Bedfords C5 Z06. He's been at these events as long as I can remember. In Street Mod class that we were designated, The fastest time was a 56.xxx. I think the second fastest was a 58.xxx and a 59.xxx. My 60.xxx run was 4th and Eric ran my car to a best of 61.xxx.

I would love to see some video, but I don't see anyone there recording. The look on others faces was priceless after each run.
wortdog
Spinning both inside tires coming out of the tight corners was a hoot, thanks again for the co-drive Marcus!
black92_tsi_awd
Damn...sounds like fun guys. I may have to really try to give it a shot next year!
awd4kicks
I didn't see most of your turns but the ones I did see near the finish, you had both tires on the outside going too. Yeah, Eric didn't like the fact that there was no power assist on my brakes right after good boost either. Hahaha

No problem Wort... It was good to have some company in a sea of strangers. biggthumpup.gif

I thought the All season Sumitomos did ok for what they are and what they are on relative to auto-x handling. We definitely tortured the hell out of them. I especially love the LONG sweeper at the back of the course where we both got out of shape trying to hold the line under boost! That and the flip 180 at the end where we were hammering the shit out of it.
digitalseance
I'm glad everyone had a good time. I hope to run a few more events next year. Coles County is always fun to run but the drive there isn't the quickest but the concrete usually makes it worth while.

The 2008 schedule has been tentatively released but we're still waiting on Coles County to confirm our dates. Once I get a copy of it, I'll be sure to post it up.
SCCA Stang
QUOTE (digitalseance @ Nov 29 2007, 05:11 PM)
I'm glad everyone had a good time.  I hope to run a few more events next year.  Coles County is always fun to run but the drive there isn't the quickest but the concrete usually makes it worth while.

The 2008 schedule has been tentatively released but we're still waiting on Coles County to confirm our dates.  Once I get a copy of it, I'll be sure to post it up.

I'd love to return to coles county just to have the opportunity to complete the event with-out going up in smoke... like I did at the last even I attended there

the schedule has yet to be posted on the CCSCC web site... can you email the tentative schedule to me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.