Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Central Illinois DSM meet
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
Pages: 1, 2
Dakota_DSM
Well we have a meet coming up soon. Feb 9th at 5pm we will be meeting at the Pekin river front. Once everyone is there we will decide what we are doing from there. You all are more then welcome to come along if you want. At this point we have about 10 people coming so this should be a good turn out.
slacker83
I would be down for that even though mine isn't running at the moment.
Dakota_DSM
Well you are more then welcome to come. My DSM is down right now to so I have to ride with a friend in his talon.
Dakota_DSM
Not the top half. And we are just meeting there because we have a few people coming from out of town and its easy to find. once everyone is there we mite take off and go somewhere else it all depends what everyone wants to do.
kapoosh
I wouldn't mind getting together. I'd prefer meeting somewhere else though.
awd4kicks
I might be down for that. That's my bro's birthday though, so it just depends.
Dakota_DSM
I am sure we will leave the river front as soon as everyone is there. I would change the spot but i have already told everyone thats where they need to go. plus by then the river should be down.

Here is a list of some of the people that are coming...

Me
Brandon,
rob
Danny
Dsmr (forgot his real name lol)
Dillon
Tj
Nate
and there are a few others that i am still waiting to hear from...
But some of the members can't make it because there cars are down...
This should be a nice little meet.
treydawgs4g63T
im down, but we should meet somewhere else. Reason being because when we are down there waiting for everyone to show up we will be freezin our nuts off. So where to meet at? ( obviously somewhere warm )
Dakota_DSM
Well... have any ideas where we can meet? and is your brother coming as well?
slacker83
I vote hooters.
Dakota_DSM
QUOTE (slacker83 @ Jan 17 2008, 11:20 PM)
I vote hooters.

Sounds like a good idea to me...
treydawgs4g63T
yeah , i can get my bro to come.
slacker83
I was just throwing something out of my ass.
Dakota_DSM
QUOTE (slacker83 @ Jan 18 2008, 10:07 AM)
I was just throwing something out of my ass.

Well it was a good idea. So thats where we will be meeting. same time.
Dakota_DSM
Updated list of people going...

Me,
Brandon,
Danny,
Dsmr,
Dillon,
Tj,
Tylor,
Nate,
Mitsu90,
Awd4kicks,
Kapoosh,
slacker83,
tsg_steve
Port,
Nate,
Strtrcril87,
Bud,
Zach,
Dakota_DSM
Updated list of people going...

Me,
Brandon,
Danny,
Dsmr,
Dillon,
Tj,
Tylor,
Nate,
Mitsu90,
Awd4kicks,
Kapoosh,
slacker83,
tsg_steve
Port,
Nate,
Strtrcril87,
Bud,
Zach,
3000gt (forgot his name)
95 gst (forgot his name)
Ashley,
FromAutumnToSal.
NOSPOTS.

I hope there will be enough room at hooters...
Kazz5
I'll be outta town.

You know, it always sounds like I'm outta town but I just don't travel that damn much at all. Illustrious timing in my life, I guess.
awd4kicks
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ Feb 3 2008, 04:57 PM)
I'll be outta town.

You know, it always sounds like I'm outta town but I just don't travel that damn much at all. Illustrious timing in my life, I guess.

It is funny how that works out Kazz. We will have to hook up some other time when you are comfortable with the EVO on the street again.
Dakota_DSM
we have 3 or 4 more cars coming... Should be a good time.
mitsu90
about time you put your name on the list. biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
I'm pretty jacked. I've finally got some good 2G big brake calipers on the way. I've got the new license sticker for the Talon and I planned on driving it this Saturday.

Sadly the way the weather's looking I may have to play it by ear. The 20-50 weight oil that I have in the old 2.0 does not like to flow at single digit temps. dry.gif
JMoushon
Where did you end up finding the calipers, kicks?
Dakota_DSM
I look forward to seeing you all at the meet tomorrow. biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
QUOTE (JMoushon @ Feb 8 2008, 01:20 PM)
Where did you end up finding the calipers, kicks?

Scrapin_Frame had a good, rust-free pair with Porterfield pads in them already.

I definitely appreciated the info on the Salvage yard calipers James. I got John's calipers for not much more and like most, I'd rather give money to one of our own.
mitsu90
thats awesome biggthumpup.gif

on a side note you better start the talon now that way the oil has time to warm up before 5:00 tongue.gif
awd4kicks
Haha...already been heating up the garage. But I'm actually more concerned with starting it later tonight when we are done...it will be much colder.
mitsu90
yea it's saposta get cold as hell to night.

you need a plug like diesels have
laugh.gif
awd4kicks
That was a huge get-together Dakota. Good to meet you and all the others that I haven't met or seen in a while.

I had a good time. biggthumpup.gif
mitsu90
there was crap load of people that showed up. good times
Dakota_DSM
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that showed up. And I wish more people would have stayed after we ate so I could of had a chance meet you all. But I have pics and vids that I am getting ready to upload I will post them in a few.

We did have one car that broke down... unsure.gif But I am glad to say it was not a DSM biggrin.gif It was a honda lmao and i thought it was so damn funny when i seen people pushing that car back. That guy was acting like a idiot
BrokeGST
I didnt meet up till after hooters but it was cool.

i blew a lower radiator hose and a coolant hose on the turbo onthe way home.
.. sorry mitsu90 you were in my smoke lol
awd4kicks
QUOTE (Dakota_DSM @ Feb 10 2008, 04:47 AM)
...That guy was acting like a idiot.

That's why some of us took off early
Dakota_DSM
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Feb 9 2008, 11:39 PM)
QUOTE (Dakota_DSM @ Feb 10 2008, 04:47 AM)
...That guy was acting like a idiot.

That's why some of us took off early

Yeah he was pissing me off I told him to knock it off a few times and he didn't listen. But I guess he got what was coming to him. rolleyes.gif

And I am glad the cops didn't come when he was there becuase they would have chased us off and we wouldn't have some of the pics we have.
mitsu90
all in all it was a fun time, got to meet some people I have talked to on the board for awhile now.
Dakota_DSM
QUOTE (mitsu90 @ Feb 10 2008, 12:03 AM)
all in all it was a fun time, got to meet some people I have talked to on the board for awhile now.

Yeah I had a great time and it wasn't bad at all for are first meet.

And we should be having some more this year. We have around 15 members in the club most of them had to work on there cares so they didn't show. But I am sure they will be there at next meet.
awd4kicks
The Talon's appetite is satisfied. She's gone back into Hibernation until the brakes are upgraded.
Dakota_DSM
Well here are the pics i took. I didn't get very many. I will post the other pics and videos once I get them...

Dakota_DSM
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Feb 9 2008, 10:05 PM)
That was a huge get-together Dakota.

I had a good time. biggthumpup.gif

Yeah when I had the idea to have are first meet I only pland on having 10 people at the most lol.
mitsu90
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Feb 10 2008, 12:21 AM)
The Talon's appetite is satisfied. She's gone back into Hibernation until the brakes are upgraded.

the galant it still hungry sad.gif
BrokeGST
QUOTE (mitsu90 @ Feb 10 2008, 12:38 AM)
The Talon's appetite is satisfied.  She's gone back into Hibernation until the brakes are upgraded.

the punisher was waiting for you on the highway, you didnt seem to interested in what was going on
Dakota_DSM
The Talon's appetite is satisfied.  She's gone back into Hibernation until the brakes are upgraded.

Well then come to the next meet lol.

PS: I don't have it planed yet lol. Should be some time next month. If you guys want to start shooting dates that work for you may way that's fine I will take them into consideration. But I want it to be at the end of the month so it will be warmer out...
mitsu90
QUOTE (BrokeGST @ Feb 10 2008, 12:40 AM)

the punisher was waiting for you on the highway, you didnt seem to interested in what was going on

racing without 2nd gear is like racing a honduh..and I hate roll racing.
Dakota_DSM
Dillon's pics

And the best pic...

That had to be one of the coolest cops ever lol.
Dakota_DSM
Ben's pics...

treydawgs4g63T
very good turnout, so we need to plan another one for next month!
Dakota_DSM
QUOTE (treydawgs4g63T @ Feb 10 2008, 09:54 AM)
we need to plan another one for next month!

I already am lol. And we should have a lot more DSM's at the next one.
kapoosh
It was a great turnout and a good time. Looking forward to the next one!
Dakota_DSM
So what are your guys ideas for dates, times, and places for the next meet?...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.