Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1G Rear control arm modification
DSMCentral > Forum > Tech Info
awd4kicks
I've been asked what I did to modify my rear suspension to allow camber adjustment. As with most DSM DIY modifications, this one can be found on VFAQ. Here is the link:Rear Control Arm Mod

This mod has allowed me to reduce the excessive camber created at the rear wheels after a 1G is lowered.
black92_tsi_awd
Thanks kicks...for some reason I was thinking something different. Not sure what I was thinking of, come to think of it wacko.gif Getting old sucks.
akamiami
I had the Ingalls Adjustable Rear Control Arm on my GSX.

Looks like the VFAQ method works just as well, but less expensive.

IIRC, the Ingalls arms rusted up pretty quickly, but they looked good when new. sad.gif

awd4kicks
I remember when you got those Kris. I would have preferred the Engals arms, but when I made this mod from scratch I couldn't afford the approximate $200 for the Engals. Plus I don't think the arm would come off of the rear end to be honest. I tried everything to rotate the cam mount to adjust the rear camber before I installed the mod.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.