Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Show in Central IL
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
z28camarocarri
I know Im new to this forum, Anyways my reasoning for being here is not only to get to know new people, its to spread the word about a car show I put on every year. I love cars of all kinds....I have Muscular Dystrophy and have since birth, MDA has helped me out in so many ways that I have started this show to help give back in a way that I enjoy and my friends can participate in. This isnt your ordinary car show with little bitty trophies and 1 huge class. Its very organized and everyone has a fair chance since its a judged show. Our best of show trophies are 7ft tall. 1st place is over 3ft tall. We have many speciality awards as well as club awards. I know it may be a little drive from some areas...but worth it to come. We have hotel discounts available and have dinner arrangements/afterparty w/limo's etc set up for the show participants who want to come enjoy a weekend in Champaign. PM or email me if you have any questions, Id love to get to know some new people.

treydawgs4g63T
sounds like a good time.
awd4kicks
Welcome to DSMCentral Carri!

Thanks for the invite. I can't speak for everyone, but I know most DSM's are more go than show. Is this acceptable at the show? I mean, mine pretty much looks stock (read boring) to the untrained eye. wink.gif
scrapin_frame
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Mar 26 2008, 07:42 PM)
I mean, mine pretty much looks stock (read boring) to the untrained eye. wink.gif

an obvious reflection of the owner tongue.gif
awd4kicks
Haha...Yeah, I don't think I can argue that too much. Damn! biggrin.gif
black92_tsi_awd
Hell, mine looks stock.....and crappy blink.gif

Welcome Carri!
scrapin_frame
Will there be donations accepted at the show?

My Eclipse isnt the prettiest with its oxidized paint so i would not be entering, but would still come to the show.
z28camarocarri
These are the trophies for my car show I host every year, it is being held this saturday!

My Fave pic of the day biggrin.gif

Best of Shows....

all the speciality awards look like this

ALL classes.....and best of shows smile.gif The little ones in front are the model car classes.

I love them! They are sexy smile.gif sorry about the sideways ones.....they apparently didnt save after i rotated them
93dsmowner
I may head down. Won't be entering in the show though.
awd4kicks
That is a LOT of trophies Carri! Ought to be a good show biggthumpup.gif
Dakota_DSM
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Mar 26 2008, 09:00 PM)
Hell, mine looks stock.....and crappy blink.gif

Welcome Carri!

Mine is stock... unsure.gif lol
z28camarocarri
Even if ya dont show itd be a good time to just come hang out smile.gif

These trophies need a home out of my garage lol.

Also....of course its acceptable for an all go no show car to be there. and yes donations will be accepted at the show as well smile.gif plus 50/50 and raffles etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.