Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slacker's progress
DSMCentral > Forum > Project Threads
slacker83
Well tonight I got the old rear 02 sensor out after soaking it in pb blaster. Then decided to install the new aem wideband. Was a little more of a challenge then I expected because I wanted to reuse the original grommet that came on the car. Another thing that took some time was removing the driver seat because the access for the rear 02 sensor is in the middle of the seat. The problem with that was the aem connectors are to large to fit through the grommet. And I was not ready to hack up the harness and then resolder the connector on the end. So I decided to split the grommet and put it inside the body of the car and filled the rest of the gaps with silicon. Ran all the wiring underneath the carpet, and up the pillar. I still need to run the output wire over to my ecu so that I can log the wideband with dsmlink.

So what I have left to do; put the head back on the car, mount the intercooler, put the rear end and axles back in the car, put up the transfer case and driveshaft.

Steve

Lets not forget tuning, i'm sure that will take some time too.
awd4kicks
Sounds like it's on the move. biggthumpup.gif

I'm going to move this thread to the 'Project forum' because it will fit in well and liven up that forum. Everyone needs to have a current project thread.
slacker83
Decided to add a little progress on the car.

After breaking a bolt in the head for one of the cam caps, I found a place that could extract it for me. So after 2 weeks of waiting the job got done and came out awesome. Then my next snag was I had to order new hubs and backing plates because I couldn't get the broken rear axles out of the old hubs. So I ordered the new hubs and plates from a junk yard. Got the box in and they sent them for a 2wd gs. So I called them and told them the issue and they sent out the proper parts and in great condition without them charging me anything more. So tonight I was installing the rear end and realized why the orginal differential broke. The bushings in the rear subframe are shot and so is the side mount for the diff. So this weekend I am going to try and drop the rear subframe we will see how that goes.

Steve
resalturbo
sounds like you are havin a hell of a time with that beast biggthumpup.gif
slacker83
Even though pulling the subframe sounds like a bitch of a job it wasn't that bad. I had the thing out of the car in under 3 hours the biggest problem was that some ass hat welded a exhaust hanger on the subframe so I had to cut part of the exhaust to get it off. I think my bushings will be in today so hopefully I can burn out the old ones this weekend and install the new ones. If all goes well get the subframe back in the car by sunday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.