Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project: GST Perfection
DSMCentral > Forum > Project Threads
A Bearcat's GS-T
Well summer is in full swing now and it's the perfect time to really lay into my 99 GST project car. Since gas is about 3 dollars a gallon to much, I will not be doing any more power adding for now. That being said I have decieded to work on the interior and start saving for a paint job and rims/tires. I am down to two colours: Pitch Black or Candy Apple Blood Red. As for rims Im not so sure, I know I would like 5 or 6 spoke. Maybe Enkei or Koing? I also have under-way, as I type this, a complete gray to black interior project that is going very well. All I have left to do is the head-liner, carpet, and the rear window trim. Im also replacing all the stock interior lighting with red neon tubes or red bulbs. Four more things left; new front seats, complete audio build, gauges, and a new steering wheel. Phew! It's gonna be a busy summer! laugh.gif
A Bearcat's GS-T
Pics of back seat:
A Bearcat's GS-T
Trunk:
A Bearcat's GS-T
trunk at night:
A Bearcat's GS-T
Interior:
A Bearcat's GS-T
Any comments, suggestions, or ideas would be great!
Thanks, Matt
natedogg
Looking good!! biggthumpup.gif
93dsmowner
Amazing dude!
awd4kicks
I'm not one for seat covers usually. It's looking really good though. Sounds like you have quite a list of things to keep you busy. Make it fun Matt.
A Bearcat's GS-T
Thanks. Here's a pic of the front brakes I did. Doing the rears tomorrow.
A Bearcat's GS-T
Well I decieded that since gas prices aren't gettin any lower anytime soon it doesn't make any sence to wait and add hp until it is lower. That and I was completely owned by a truck last night..... SO I got to looking into a FMIC, then thought that I should get a turbo as well to go with it. But that also means a new header and O2 housing and hard upper i/c piping with a new bov. biggrin.gif So now I have to pick what to take off of my to do list so I can do this...Im thinkin the audio build and the set of rims. OOOO I will need a boost controller too.

In other news I need some help. I cant get the seatbelts off of the trim around the rear window. The ones for the backseat pop off and then theres a bolt, but I cant get off the ones in the front. Heres a pic of what I'm talking about since much of the time I dont make any sence:
Dakota_DSM
They come apart... just stick something in there and try and pull them apart...
A Bearcat's GS-T
Thanks, I kinda thought that was how they came apart. Just wanted to make sure so I won't add something else to the: "Broke cuz Im stupid" list.
A Bearcat's GS-T
Update! I have a new Koyo rad. and a new GT3 fiberglass hood along with a new OEM front bumper and headlights and foglights all thanks to................................
mad.gif a fender bender. dry.gif

So I haven't done anything else that I wanted to get done to it.... But I do have all the cash to do it now. I might even have a suprise for yall to feast your eyes on. Ill post pics of the hood and Rad. as soon as I get it back from the shop. (Should be soon it's been there for 3 weeks sad.gif )
black92_tsi_awd
As far as you concern over gas prices. The more I modified my Talon and the faster it got, the better the gas milage.
A Bearcat's GS-T
Well in that case, does anyone have a EVO III 16g turbo I could buy? Maybe already ported... biggrin.gif
ncgalant
I was going to say that early on, but didn't. The bigger the turbo, the less it spools on part throttle and whatnot. So basicly, the bigger the turbo, the better your overall milage, except when in WOT. That's probably only 10% of the time though.
natedogg
On the flip side of that, the bigger the turbo, the less spool you need to flow the same amount of air as a smaller turbo.
A Bearcat's GS-T
That all makes sence now that I think about it. Thanks! But if anybody has a EVO III 16G or a "BIG 16G" or maybe even a 20G turbo they wouldn't mind selling please e-mail me with the details, and Ill get back to you as soon as I can!

Matt
A Bearcat's GS-T
Well...... They sent the wrong condenser three times and ended up just getting an OEM one, lucky me it was covered because an OEM one is 700 bucks. Long story short, Monday is the new date set to get it back. I think Im gonna go with a 20g turbo set up. If ya'll have ideas on parts to help it spool better let me know, I also need some help with the fuel pump and fuel rail too. What sizes should I get? One more thing on the exhaust manifold I need a little help there as well. There are tons out there and some just look to purdy to work like they should, so if yall could help me out there as well that would be great. The MACHV Turbo Header (T3/T4) was one of the ones I was looking at, but I dont know if it fits the 20G. Im guessing it does though.

I already had some parts ordered when I decieded to go with a turbo upgrade and the first of them came in today:
A Bearcat's GS-T
Some time next week a pair of Netami racing seats, a NRG Dual Button Steering wheel and quick-release will get here, as well as the 3in GM MAFT and Tial goodies I ordered. biggthumpup.gif Its go time! Now if only I didnt have two-a-days for the next two weeks... biggrin.gif
A Bearcat's GS-T
I GOT MY RIDE BACK!!
A Bearcat's GS-T
Another view of the new hood:
JBone
Mach V's header is only for a T3/T4. So, it won't work. Are you getting an aftermarket wastegate, too? If not, just port your manifold. Save a lot of money and get a good amount of performance still. The stock 2G manifold is quite fluid.

Spyonu2007 had a 1g with a 20G on it. I thought it pulled pretty solid. I myself couldn't find too much lag, but it's all in how you drive it. Just realize where you are in the rpm range before you decide to jump the throttle.
awd4kicks
The hood looks great Matt. Clean 2G BTW! biggthumpup.gif
turbohcar
I rode in Mushon's 20G/air-water intercooler equipped GST to Cordova and back. It was plenty fast for me blink.gif
A Bearcat's GS-T
Thanks for the personal experiences on the 20G turbos! Here's a few update pics as an award! LOL!
A Bearcat's GS-T
The KOYORAD, to bad you can only see the top of it........
93dsmowner
Is that Koyo rad thinner than stock? I don't want to cut up my fan shroud for the intercooler and would like a new radiator since mine has some slight surface rusting. I'm looking for something a little thinner if it's at all possible...
turbohcar
QUOTE (93dsmowner @ Aug 6 2008, 10:03 PM)
Is that Koyo rad thinner than stock? I don't want to cut up my fan shroud for the intercooler and would like a new radiator since mine has some slight surface rusting. I'm looking for something a little thinner if it's at all possible...

Not sure if you'll find one thinner as you start sacrificing cooling abillity when you do that. When I needed a new radiator I bought one from Silla. It was a good quality piece with brass end tanks and a copper core, which is easily repairable if it gets a hole in it. It was the stock size though.

What fan shroud are you talking about? The one that goes in front of the radiator between it and the bumper? If so, it most certainly does have to come out. I would suggest fabbing up a new one with some thin plexi or plastic. It's not hard.
A Bearcat's GS-T
No, I think it's just a little bigger, but not by much, it just bolted right on with no hassles what so ever, and the stock fans work with it, but thats with my pea sized turbo. You might have to get a slimmer fan set up for yours, which is what Im gonna have to do since Im getting the 20g.
93dsmowner
Well I'm only getting a 16G. Sticking with the 14B for a while. Just looking for a way to simplify running the IC piping since I'm a total n00b with no friends w/ mechanical knowledge. Lol.
turbohcar
QUOTE (93dsmowner @ Aug 7 2008, 01:00 PM)
Well I'm only getting a 16G. Sticking with the 14B for a while. Just looking for a way to simplify running the IC piping since I'm a total n00b with no friends w/ mechanical knowledge. Lol.

I believe there is a How-To on www.vfaq.com on how to run the IC piping and keep your stock fans.

And what you say about not having friends with technical knowledge is not true. That's why you're a member here biggthumpup.gif
A Bearcat's GS-T
Thats why Im here too, cause I need all the help I can get! Heres the next pic:
Netami Racing Seat
93dsmowner
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Aug 7 2008, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (93dsmowner @ Aug 7 2008, 01:00 PM)

I believe there is a How-To on www.vfaq.com on how to run the IC piping and keep your stock fans.

And what you say about not having friends with technical knowledge is not true. That's why you're a member here biggthumpup.gif

Nope... no vfaq that I saw. I'll look around on google. not in a hurry until I get the tranny in. I started her up and moved her today. SO glad to hear her run again smile.gif
Dakota_DSM
She looks good! biggthumpup.gif
93dsmowner
Yeah she does!

I love how the seats match. Your poor passenger is going to get thrown around though. tongue.gif
A Bearcat's GS-T
Thanks, Im just too cheap to get the other seat. I guess Ill get the other one when someone complains about the stock seat. But they're usually to busy grabbing the "Oh Sh#$" handle to say anything else. Ill post up some pics of what Im working on today at the end of the day.
A Bearcat's GS-T
Sorry about the crappy phone pic, it's much closer to Kandy Red in real life.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.