Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mitsubishi Owners Day -- Oct. 4th -- Normal, IL
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
curt_gendron
I've heard from corporate that the Factory MOD event this year will be on October 4th at the plant in Normal, IL. I don't think they have the flyer created yet, but this will be the official date.

I'll post more info when I get it.

later,
Curt
Kazz5
Sweet!
Dakota_DSM
Are Nissan's welcome? lol I have wanted to go to this for the last two years... So I will make it this year... Who all plans on going?
awd4kicks
I went last year with Spy & Kazz. It was a good time. I'd go back again.
jvb6806
i should be coming down from CHI with a buddy that has an MR.
Kazz5
QUOTE (Dakota_DSM @ Jul 10 2008, 01:53 PM)
Are Nissan's welcome? lol I have wanted to go to this for the last two years... So I will make it this year... Who all plans on going?

Get a ride... biggthumpup.gif
Red_06_EvoRS
That's off in the distance time-wise but I'll probably go. I haven't missed one yet. And it's tough to pass up free stuff.
Zmann42087
I rode down last year with a buddy in his 1g. I had a blast and I didn't even bring my car! I definitely plan on going again this year and hopefully with my car this time.
kapoosh
I'm going to plan on going, went last year and had a great time!
turbohcar
Inside word has it that the time will be...

10AM-3PM on October 4th

I think I'm going to try and make it too.
curt_gendron
Here is the flyer...........

93dsmowner
I'll go if the Talon is done.
SCCA Stang
if someone has a open pass seat, I would like to go... I think I would look a bit goofy driving the stang.
turbohcar
QUOTE (gsxracer80 @ Aug 1 2008, 03:52 PM)
if someone has a open pass seat, I would like to go... I think I would look a bit goofy driving the stang.

I drove the Camaro last year! cool.gif
97TalonTSI
I will be there
Dakota_DSM
I haven't set anything up since my last meet in march so I plan on setting up a cruise from Peoria to the MOD...
curt_gendron
Only three weeks away from MOD now. Anyone else making the trip? We've got four of us from MN 3/S going.

Free food and a lot of cool cars. W00t!

later,
Curt
spyonu2007
I need a new starter on the evo, but Im game.
awd4kicks
I got my last speeding ticket going to the MOD event last year. That means my year will be up. I'm up for it!
SCCA Stang
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Sep 12 2008, 04:59 PM)
I got my last speeding ticket going to the MOD event last year.  That means my year will be up.  I'm up for it!

just don't drive so damn fast!!! j/k...
curt_gendron
Factory MOD is coming up this Saturday. Can't wait! Anyone else coming. Here is a cool panorama pic my buddy put together from last year:

later,
Curt
kapoosh
anyone meeting in the morning to head up there?
93dsmowner
It'll be tight but I might be able to have the Talon by the 4th....
Kazz5
Parts finally converging. Installed, tested, and broken-in enough to handle the interstate to/from Mitsu should be tight. But I'll be there with or without my wheels!
mitsu90
I will be there but the gvr4 wont sad.gif
spyonu2007
QUOTE (mitsu90 @ Sep 29 2008, 03:31 PM)
I will be there but the gvr4 wont sad.gif

Good god man, whats going on with the gvr4?
mitsu90
4 turbo's and 3 faulty ECU's sad.gif
spyonu2007
QUOTE (mitsu90 @ Sep 29 2008, 06:06 PM)
4 turbo's and 3 faulty ECU's sad.gif

At what point did the ecm's start failing? Was something changed electronically? A big stereo added? Have these ecm's been checked out? Have you gone through the wiring at all?
What was the failure mode of the turbochargers?
mitsu90
I talked to Jeff from dsmchips and he is 99% sure that all 3 ecu's fail due to bad caps.

as far as the turbo's the frank jr I killed by dropping something in it, replaced it with a 14b then a 16g then another 14b the last 3 turbos all failed with the nut falling off and destroying the wheel.
spyonu2007
QUOTE (mitsu90 @ Sep 30 2008, 03:22 PM)
I talked to Jeff from dsmchips and he is 99% sure that all 3 ecu's fail due to bad caps.

as far as the turbo's the frank jr I killed by dropping something in it, replaced it with a 14b then a 16g then another 14b the last 3 turbos all failed with the nut falling off and destroying the wheel.

Man... Thats ironic.
I always enjoyed it when I busted a nut, sounds like its been nothing buy misery for you my friend.
black92_tsi_awd
3 turbos destroyed by loose nuts?? Wow! I might have a extra wheel if your looking at rebuilding the 14b...I'm getting pretty good at putting them together too if you need it rebuilt.
mitsu90
frank jr

shaft from 16g

1st 14b

the other 14b is still on the car it's not blowing smoke so I haven't replaced it yet.
spyonu2007
So what do you need to get her running?
mitsu90
running just an ecu.

running right ecu turbo and a trans rebuild
Zmann42087
Its going to be close, but I should have my car done by Saturday. I just need to finish installing my HRC FMIC and replace the cracked oil filter housing. It might be a late night Friday, but it would be worth it if I can get it all done. I'm hell-bent on bringing my car this year!
Kazz5
Yep, bring your Mitsu and get there early so you're guaranteed giveaway of SOME type! LOL.
Zmann42087
I had a great time, guys. I'm so glad I got my car up and running in time. It was nice to bring my own car for a change.

I took quite a few pictures too.. have a look if you like... Factory MOD '08 Picture Gallery
93dsmowner
My mom is finally considering picking up my new DSM so maybe I'll make the next event? (Which won't be for a while I imagine...)
awd4kicks
Nice pictures! I love the old FTO!
Red_06_EvoRS
It was a good time and I won a set of 17" wheels! But they're only 6.5" wide. I may put 225/50s on them for the winter on the Evo.
Kazz5
Damn, sorry I missed you there.

I put my name in on the giveaways of the 17" wheels as well, but was told they wouldn't fit over the calipers, anyway? Better check before you buy rubber for 'em!
Red_06_EvoRS
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ Oct 5 2008, 12:17 PM)

I put my name in on the giveaways of the 17" wheels as well, but was told they wouldn't fit over the calipers, anyway? Better check before you buy rubber for 'em!

That would be a bummer. Good to know...maybe they'll be on eBay instead. Thanks.
Zmann42087
QUOTE (Red_06_EvoRS @ Oct 5 2008, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ Oct 5 2008, 12:17 PM)

I put my name in on the giveaways of the 17" wheels as well, but was told they wouldn't fit over the calipers, anyway?  Better check before you buy rubber for 'em!

That would be a bummer. Good to know...maybe they'll be on eBay instead. Thanks.

You won the 17's, huh? Are those the 2gb GSX wheels? If they don't work for you, I just might take them off your hands.. happy.gif
Red_06_EvoRS
QUOTE (Zmann42087 @ Oct 5 2008, 04:45 PM)
You won the 17's, huh?  Are those the 2gb GSX wheels?  If they don't work for you, I just might take them off your hands..  happy.gif

I'm not sure what they are but here are a couple of pics (no centers). If you look closely at the box label, you can see that they were made 12/23/2002.

turbohcar
I believe those were on the 1999 (2nd Gen) and 2000 (3rd Gen) Eclipses.
Zmann42087
Yep, those are the wheels I was thinking of. They were on the 2gb (97-99) GSX and the first couple years of the 3g. Thats awesome you've got a set brand spanking new! Like I said, if they end up not working for you I'd like first dibs.
curt_gendron
MOD was a blast! Here are my pictures from the event:
http://mn3s.org/mod2008/index.htm

later,
Curt
Red_06_EvoRS
QUOTE (Zmann42087 @ Oct 5 2008, 09:28 PM)
Yep, those are the wheels I was thinking of.  They were on the 2gb (97-99) GSX and the first couple years of the 3g.  Thats awesome you've got a set brand spanking new!  Like I said, if they end up not working for you I'd like first dibs.

I haven't heard from you so they are on eBay (and the Exchange).

Genuine Mitsubishi Eclipse 17" Wheels ***Brand New***
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.