Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project I like DSM tail lights...
DSMCentral > Forum > Project Threads
Dakota_DSM
happy.gif

Well as some of you mite know I traded my GST a few weeks ago for a 1991 Nissan 240sx se. It's a pretty nice car and should get me around with worrying about braking or the ability to go fast lol... Witch I think is a good thing because the gst would have got me in trouble I never wanted to stay out of the boost lol...

Well as I said it's a 1991 Nissan 240sx se. 5sp biggrin.gif It has a few mods... HKS Hi power 3" exhaust, Greddy front/rear strut tower bars, ebay short throw shifter, and cone filter... So far I haven't done anything to the car but paint all the blue shit black... I am in the middle of painting the valve cover now...

Here are a few pics...

It's not boosted but it will work until I save up the cash for a s14... rolleyes.gif
black92_tsi_awd
Looks like a nice clean ride, the rims make the car. What's it got for a motor?
Dakota_DSM
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Jul 12 2008, 09:48 PM)
Looks like a nice clean ride, the rims make the car. What's it got for a motor?

Thanks... And it's got a KA24DE....
awd4kicks
Good looking Nissan Dakota
Dakota_DSM
Thanks... I thought about maybe a sr20 swap I can get the motor and have it in for a little over 2k but I decided if I am going to put time and money into it a car I should do it to one that I really want/like so I don't just sell/ trade it for something else in a few weeks/months lol.. So I plan on doing a few more bolt on's then start saving for a s14a...
JBone
Homer drooling:Mmmmm... S14 with an RB26.

Nice S13, Dakota. Brings back memories of my S13's that I had. I miss RWD cars with handling. I should change that.
93dsmowner
S14 with a RB26DETT?

I'll second the fantasy
Dakota_DSM
QUOTE (93dsmowner @ Jul 13 2008, 09:00 AM)
S14 with a RB26DETT?

I'll second the fantasy

No fantasy it's been done many of times lol

But you are looking at almost 8-10k if you want to do it right....

I was thinking about a s15 sr20det swap it's got 245-250hp stock and has a strong 6sp tranny...
JBone
Actually, many consider the 6spd to be very weak compared to the 5spd. I still have a little bit more time to dream before I pick a platform. IF I went with the S14, it would be tough to decide. The SR20 is still somewhat not as efficient of a platform as the 4G63. I would genuinely consider a stroked KA-T, a VQ, or even an LS-1. There is a guy on STLracing.com that did one. I saw it last summer at Gateway. It was pimp... Not gonna lie.
Dakota_DSM
QUOTE (JBone @ Jul 13 2008, 04:55 PM)
Actually, many consider the 6spd to be very weak compared to the 5spd.

I guess I shouldn't beleave everything I read lol...

Now as far as the KA-T goes I haven't done much research on it...
93dsmowner
I meant fantasy as in wet dream, not as in impossible.

Youtube has plenty of RB'ed S14's and whatnot.
Dakota_DSM
QUOTE (93dsmowner @ Jul 13 2008, 08:59 PM)
I meant fantasy as in wet dream, not as in impossible.

Youtube has plenty of RB'ed S14's and whatnot.

I see lol happy.gif

it would be really nice to have a RB240...
JMoushon
You should hit up Rizzo on one of the other more drama-oriented local boards. He is putting the finishing touches on his big-turbo RB swap into an early s14. Should be a pretty killer car, and he got most of the parts horse-trading.
JMoushon
Also, Boozted (Andy) has an RB swapped early Z. Local experience trumps web-genius every time.
Dakota_DSM
QUOTE (JMoushon @ Jul 29 2008, 08:00 PM)
You should hit up Rizzo on one of the other more drama-oriented local boards. He is putting the finishing touches on his big-turbo RB swap into an early s14. Should be a pretty killer car, and he got most of the parts horse-trading.

He is building a rb s14 to? I seen his RB25 s13 this weekend it was pretty damn nice...

Also I sold this car already rolleyes.gif
JMoushon
Oops x 2... s13, I was incorrect, and you already sold the car.
Dakota_DSM
Yep I seen that my GST was for sale for really cheap and I had to have her back... And I am glad I got her back because I really missed the boost and she is going to be one hell of a fun car once my mods get here...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.