Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Congrat's to my brother!
DSMCentral > Forum > General Talk > Non-DSM/Current Events
awd4kicks
Have any of you have heard of Darkstrand, or the National LambdaRail? My brother and his business partner, Mike Stein started Darkstrand a short time ago. Their business has been growing along with it's chances for success. They have been covered by numerous national publications. This past week the Peoria Journal Star featured them in the business section.

Check out the link here

Here is a link to their website for more information. If you are into investing this may be an incredible local opportunity! Darkstrand
Kazz5
VERY cool. Makes me wonder what opportunities they do and will have.

I won't make the obvious observational comment about where the brains went in the family, though. biggrin.gif
awd4kicks
He is a smart guy and I'm proud of my little bro.

I've heard forms of the 'obvious' joke a few times since this came out. The funny thing is everyone poking fun (and I know it's in fun) is in a similar income situation as me. Comfortable, but not rich. Oh... Hahaha tongue.gif

At least I'll get to help him enjoy his expensive toys. He always calls on me to help him upgrade his motorized status symbols. It's not a bad gig. biggrin.gif
akamiami
Since both he and Crebo are "local guys," Stein said the pair would have preferred opening the "marquee" office in Peoria, but he said Peoria didn't seem "to get it."

Peoria NEXT officials failed to see Darkstrand's potential beyond offering space to the firm at the Peoria NEXT Innovation Center on Main Street, said Stein.

"We've got 10 other states throwing ideas at us. We don't need a lab. We don't have time to be teaching Peoria how to attract business," he said.

Indeed. Peoria just doesn't seem to want to develop and grow.
awd4kicks
I'm not sure they know how... They offered these guys offic/lab space in their building at $2 more per square foot than they could get elsewhere in Peoria. When asked what value this location offered, all they could come up with is that it came with free snow removal. ohmy.gif Most multi-tenant buildings have snow removal included.

To be fair though, how many local folks do you think go to the Peoria NEXT officials that are either slinging a big pile of BS or only want a very small local business. I just don't think they have the experience to know how to handle large scale legitimate business start-ups.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.