Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DSMCENTRALS FATTY FALL FEST COOKOUT AND CRUISE IN.
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
Pages: 1, 2
spyonu2007
Lets face it, we are not going to be surrounded by gorgeous women clad in bikinis drooling all over our cars...

But BRATS, BURGERS and BEERGUTS go well together, so why not do another cruise/bbq cook out thing to ring out the fall.. Perhaps something a bit better thought out than past years... but something fun none the less.

DATES Sunday the 26th
Time: NOON 12PM

Ideas welcome. biggthumpup.gif ph34r.gif blink.gif laugh.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif
mitsu90
sounds like a good time.. hope I am up and running by then
JMoushon
I'm in for certain. I'm thinking a tire toss and bonfire.
JBone
Hmm... I'm in St. Louis on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th of October. I vote for that weekend. I might be able to get the old lady to let me use her car for a short little jaunt!!

Are you going to be grilling? tongue.gif
mitsu90
Oct 4th is MOD
93dsmowner
I should have my DSM and be up and running by MOD if all goes well.
awd4kicks
It's high time we all got back together. I'm open pretty much all October.

Too bad we can't manage more than a sausage fest because a wet T contest or some other low standard, non-politically correct entertainment would be a good addition!

A cook-out and cruise at minimum is always fun. Does anyone want to host this party or are we going to opt for something like Bradley Park in Peoria?
natedogg
I'd be down for a later day in Oct. The new baby's coming on the 3rd.
awdnot2
If we do later in October, we could always use the pavilion in our neighborhood park. We aren't available October 4,5 or 11, or 19. Just wanted to throw out the pavilion. If we find a date and you are interested - let me know and I can check the calendar to see about reserving.

Nate- is baby #2 coming via planned C-section or is 10/3 the due date?

Susan Hudson
spyonu2007
The Hudson pavilion offers, shelter, centralized location, ample parking, bbq grills, and its easy to find. Deffinitly a good spot in my opinion... Last weekend of October? Saturday the 27th.. Im hoping for Noon???

Jbone... with you coming up the first weekend of Octorber, Ill put something else together for that occasion, if you would like.

So....

Logistically...
FOOD:

I always bring my own meat to the occasion... THough I can throw in for a few packages of cheese doggs, and Im certain Ill have a few brats I cant eat...
Ill advise everyone to bring their meat and buns.... Drinks will be provided, Ill cover those.

Soda/water/_____________________?
natedogg
QUOTE (awdnot2 @ Sep 12 2008, 11:36 AM)
Nate- is baby #2 coming via planned C-section or is 10/3 the due date?

Susan Hudson

Planned C-section. Kyle was a C-section so the doc thinks it would be best to just go that route again. Makes planning easy!
awd4kicks
Yeah, I liked that park by the Hudson's house. Conveniently right off University right?
93dsmowner
Where is this Hudson Pavillion? I'd be about a half hour behind since I get off work at 12 every saturday.
awdnot2
It's right off University between Willow Knolls North and Willow Knolls South neighborhoods. Darryl can supply good directions.
It is available that day and she said she would reserve it all day for us so we can decide on time. There is no money involved or anything so if we switch dates that is fine too.

Susan
93dsmowner
Sounds good. I'm fairly sure I know where it's at.
Kazz5
Pencil me in as at least one. Isn't there a pool down there? And is there parking at that pool? I've always gone there when I was younger by walking from the neighborhoods...
spyonu2007
Not a bad turnout so far fellas... not too bad at all.
black92_tsi_awd
I should be able to swing it...I"ll know better after this weekend. Wife's leaving for Arizona so I probably wouldn't be able to bring the Talon since I'll have the kids (no back seat). Unless I test out the new baby sitter, leave the rug rats and take the car...hmmmm
spyonu2007
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Sep 18 2008, 08:41 PM)
I should be able to swing it...I"ll know better after this weekend. Wife's leaving for Arizona so I probably wouldn't be able to bring the Talon since I'll have the kids (no back seat). Unless I test out the new baby sitter, leave the rug rats and take the car...hmmmm

I always enjoy testing out new baby sitters... ph34r.gif
black92_tsi_awd
I don't think she's even 16 yet....very wrong
kapoosh
I should be able to make it...
awdnot2
I just noticed a discrepancy in the date- you mean October 25th right? at noon?

Susan
awdnot2
the Hudson pavilion is not available that day because of the Halloween party - I had originally requested 9/27, going with the 27th date, wanna do Sunday the 26th instead- 10/26?
spyonu2007
QUOTE (awdnot2 @ Sep 23 2008, 11:44 AM)
the Hudson pavilion is not available that day because of the Halloween party - I had originally requested 9/27, going with the 27th date, wanna do Sunday the 26th instead- 10/26?

works for me!
So shall it be.
spyonu2007
Can we make this a sticky?
awd4kicks
Done.

And the new date works for me. I will be there.
spyonu2007
Bump.. who is still in?
93dsmowner
I'd like to come but it's a toss up whether the DSM will be in my hands by then.

That and I'm the new dumb kid. smile.gif
spyonu2007
QUOTE (93dsmowner @ Oct 14 2008, 07:17 PM)
I'd like to come but it's a toss up whether the DSM will be in my hands by then.

That and I'm the new dumb kid. smile.gif

If a running dsm was a requirement for coming to the cookout, then half the members wouldnt be there.

Dont worry about it, come, eat, talk care, meet folks..
Its a good experience.

I just hope that this neverending flu I have is gone by then. Im starting to develope bedsores.
93dsmowner
Yuck the flue.

Yeah, I'll more than likely be coming. smile.gif
awd4kicks
I plan to be there...with any luck I may have the Talon.
black92_tsi_awd
I should still be in...
black92_tsi_awd
Ncgalant...you bringing the car out for a showing?
93dsmowner
Oh crap. That's this Sunday isn't it. It'll be a hit or miss I'm thinking. I might bring my buddy who got a DSM if it's alright with you guys. One ride in mine convinced him to take a loan out and buy a TSI AWD like mine. smile.gif
awd4kicks
The more DSM owners the better. I also invited Slo Pny Josh to bring out his 10 second Mustang to the gathering.
spyonu2007
Coming down to the wire.
Bump!
natedogg
Have we figured out a time yet? Trying to see if I can work this into my schedule or not. Sunday is a bit full, unfortunately.
spyonu2007
NOON
spyonu2007
So.... Who's hungry.
JBone
Wish I was there to see all y'all. Have fun!!!
black92_tsi_awd
We're in...wife, kids and my Talon
awd4kicks
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Oct 25 2008, 11:49 PM)
We're in...wife, kids and my Talon

Sweet...That will make at least two DSM's! biggthumpup.gif
Kazz5
WHERE???

I was hopin' to get there by 11 but now it's noon. You damn non-NFL'ers. Now... dunno. Will this go past 3?
black92_tsi_awd
From Susans post:
It's right off University between Willow Knolls North and Willow Knolls South neighborhoods. Darryl can supply good directions

I suck at directions but hopefully Darryl see's this this morning...
Driving toward Pioneer Parkway on University, I beleive it's on your left on the next drive past Teton Drive.

I would come for as long as you can...you can always catch the scores on the news!
awdnot2
The driveway to park is directily across from the Dixons Seadfood. It can only be accessed driving south on University. So you'll have to make a you turn if you're going north. The driveway is named "Jim Graves Way". Hope everyone can make it.
Kazz5
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Oct 26 2008, 08:02 AM)
From Susans post:
It's right off University between Willow Knolls North and Willow Knolls South neighborhoods. Darryl can supply good directions

I suck at directions but hopefully Darryl see's this this morning...
Driving toward Pioneer Parkway on University, I beleive it's on your left on the next drive past Teton Drive.

I would come for as long as you can...you can always catch the scores on the news!

I have a good idea where it's at. Thanks. Will shoot for noon or halftime.

Bastages!

biggrin.gif
spyonu2007
For those of us that braved the fair weather thanks for coming. It was a great time.... and the food wasnt too bad either, lols.
Kazz5
Sorry I couldn't get there 'til halftime. But good to see folks and families!
awd4kicks
Great Time... Thanks to Dan and Susan for putting this event together. Thanks for cooking too Dan.

It was great to get the Talon out and feel the boost.
black92_tsi_awd
Yep thanks!

We should have gone out and done a little "recreational driving" Kicks...didn't think of it until I was hammering the onramp to 74. Oh well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.