Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WANTED - New Site Admin
DSMCentral > Forum > General Talk > Non-DSM/Current Events
awd4kicks
If you are interested or know anyone interested pm me.

This is not a paying position. With this position comes creative license to help restructure the DSMCentral web site as well as knowing you will be an important member of the group.

I don't have the time or expertise to modify the site that Mike and 99Spyder put together for us.

Let me know.
Booztd 3
I'd suggest switching over to the PHPBB3 forum stuff I use, its actually free and you can do alot of cool things with it. Security is sometimes a bitch, but I've worked my way through it....

An example of what I'm talking about is at my forum

www.rbz32.com

I particularly like the photo area at the top, note when you click some different links or sub-forums the picture changes
Kazz5
I would think that it would be important to keep old threads and make sure they're searchable in any new forum engine...
Booztd 3
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ Nov 12 2008, 11:03 AM)
I would think that it would be important to keep old threads and make sure they're searchable in any new forum engine...

This is a PHPBB forum, I dont see why it couldnt be upgraded and all of the data migrated to the new forum, as well as all of the users

I'm not saying this all can be done, but i would *assume*

Just throwing things out here.....no one else is chiming in!
black92_tsi_awd
I vote Dan!

Oh God what have I done..... blink.gif
spyonu2007
Been there done that, I gave it up to get peggy out of here. Plus, I wasnt very good at it anyway.
awd4kicks
Just to clarify... When I say site Admin, what I'm really looking for is someone to modify and repair the site on a regular basis. Moderation can be part of it, but not necessary. This site is trouble free most of the time anyway.
dualdj1
This site is actually Invision Powerboard, not PHPBB. I'll do some looking and see if there's any way to import that data. There may also be a newer better version of Invision that would work as well.

I've done tons of work with PHPBB, including writing my own mods, so I'd be down for helping with setup and such, but I have too many irons in the fire to be an admin, plus I don't actually own a DSM... cool.gif
dualdj1
Found a converter for IPB1.3 to PHPBB3, linking here so I can find it later if needed:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.p...343415#p7343415

Who's hosting the site? I'd need a copy of the database or site and database to be able to work on a conversion.
awd4kicks
Globat.com is the host.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.