Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Created a Turbo, Good or Bad??????
DSMCentral > Forum > Tech Info
treydawgs4g63T
Ok guys, im putting the GSX back together and i dont have a stock turbo to replace my 16g that i sold. So, this is what i have done. A few months ago i got a T4 turbo off a buddy that was suppose to fit on a DSM but the header was all f'd up and the compressor housing wouldnt fit ( hit the block ) , also the ex. housing has the 5 bolt pattern and i dont have an o2 housing that will work. SO , i took my old 50 trim (the one that blew up after 6 hrs. of use) and combined the two turbos. I took the exhaust housing off the old 50 trim and put it on the new Turbo so i will be able to use my old manifold and o2 housing.

The center cartridge fits right inside the old housing and the clamps go on as if it was meant to be. The only difference is the compressor wheels are different sizes. The new center section is a little smaller and doesnt fill the hole completely. WILL THIS CAUSE AN ISSUE OR WILL IT BE OK TO USE FOR AWHILE??????????

The old turbo has AR63 on the housing and the new turbo has AR53 on it. So the wheels are just different diameter correct?

Help me out guys, so i can get the GSX back on the road....

I will update my last post with all the current info on the car in a few....

thanks
TJ
awd4kicks
I don't see why it wouldn't run. Without the correct fitment inside the housing I wouldn't think that you will be able to build much boost if any. At least everything will fit-up and run until you get the turbo you want.
black92_tsi_awd
The turbo will have a lot of trouble building boost as Kicks said. The tune may be way off (rich) and might be a little slow starting because the engine will be drawing air through a slow spinning compressor side.
treydawgs4g63T
Damnit, well i mite jus get a 14b to use for now. I have to either get a new center section for my 50 trim or try to make the newer turbo work. Prolly just gonna use a 14b for now though.

thanks guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.