Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The beginning of it all
DSMCentral > Forum > General Talk > Non-DSM/Current Events
awd4kicks
Here are a few pictures that show me starting in this hobby at an early age. Back in '72-'73, 340 six-Packs and GTO Tri-powers were my projects of choice. If it didn't have three carbs, forget about it! laugh.gif

I love these pictures:

Kazz5
A REAL grease-monkey!

Awesome pics!
resalturbo
you were cute what happend?? jk that is awesome buddy
JBone
Aww... look at the little mechanic. I want that shot with my son.
awd4kicks
Geez... I didn't mean for it to get all mushy.

I wanted to show how hard core I was starting at age 2 or 3 with nothing less than 3 carbs! I been in this game a long time. Hahaha
JBone
I been in this game a long time.

Thus the reason you're OLD Dirty Tire!

BOOYEAH

biggthumpup.gif
black92_tsi_awd
i've got a picture of me and my dad pulling a motor from our 63 Olds Starfire when I was in high school. I am lucky enough to have a similar picture with my son pulling the motor in the Talon when he was 5 and 6. i'lll have to post them up when I get back home. kind of family tradition biggthumpup.gif
Hornswoggler
If that were Michael Jackson's kid sitting in the engine bay, the media would have a FIT!! smile.gif
awd4kicks
Yeah I thought the same thing. But if we did half the shit we did back then (Like not wearing seat belts) all the tree huggers and DARE type programs would be all over us. There's been a hell of a lot of change because of people without common sense and rare accidents tied together with the money machine that we call a law system.
dualdj1
yeah, it's a shame when the system went from education (ie hands on in the car) to protection (Oh no he might get hurt!).
AWD DSM 1
gives me some ideas for the boys... although I dare not put any tools in thier hands yet, they'd just beat the crap out of me with them... just like when we get mad, everything's a hammer. laugh.gif
93dsmowner
And if it's not, you get a bigger hammer. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.