Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: R.I.P David Crebo 1/13/09
DSMCentral > Forum > General Talk > Non-DSM/Current Events
awd4kicks
Today the world lost one of the nice guys. Just before 5:25pm today he took his final breaths after looking at my brother and I. It was a merciful end to 10 years of struggling health. His lungs were damaged by years of smoking and a botched stomach surgery that allowed a fungus to start an irreversible lung disease. This lung disease ultimately was the end of him, by causing a long term lack of oxygen and finally right side heart failure. The two problems together were insurmountable by an already weak health situation.

He was one of the most honorable and helpful guys I have ever known. He was stern when I was younger, but I acquired my self confidence, ability to empathize and mechanical aptitude from him among many other things. He was probably the second member of DSMCentral to help support his son's endeavor. On the original DSMCentral he went by the name Widget1.

He was my dad and I will miss him tremendously!
mitsu90
sorry for your family's loss
katie
Marcus,
Your dad was a very kind man and I am sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything you need.

-Katie
Kazz5
Marcus -

There are never words.

I lost both my parents within a couple of years of each other, my father just last Christmas. I'm very saddened by you and your family's loss and will keep you all in thoughts and prayers.

It's often a time we look back at our life in the past and think about our future.

Keep the good memories, bright, man.

Peace.
wortdog
Sorry for you and your family's loss Marcus.
black92_tsi_awd
I can't even imagine losing my Father, I am so sorry for your loss.

Sounds like he was a good man. The best way to honor him and keep his spirit alive, is to live your life the way he taught you and pass that knowledge onto your family.

God's speed.
93dsmowner
Sorry for your loss bro. You have my condolences mate.
treydawgs4g63T
sorry for your loss marcus.....
awd4kicks
Thanks everyone.

It's an emotional struggle to say the least. I know he/we did all we could and it ended as peacefully as possible.

I sincerely appreciate the support and kind words.

Marcus
spyonu2007
My God Marcus, Im so sorry to hear that. I thought he was doing better! My condolances. This sucks so bad, I feel your loss.
awdnot2
Marcus we are sorry for your loss. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers.
dualdj1
Sorry to hear Marcus, my condolences. Your family will be in my thoughts.
awd4kicks
Visitation will be held from 10:30 to Noon on Saturday 1/17/09
The Funeral will be held at Noon and the burial will follow immediately at Parkview Cemetery right off of University in Peoria.

We will be holding a celebration to dad's life at the East Peoria Boat Club starting at 3Pm. Any and all are welcome.
natedogg
Marcus, my sincere condolences. Although I didn't know him well, the few times I met him and everything you've told me about him makes me think he lived a good life as a great father. You'll be in my prayers.
The Iron Goat
Marcus,

Buddy, I am so sorry to hear about this! We hope you and your family find peace in this in whatever way you can. My condolences, bro.
JBone
Oh my God, Marcus. I'm so sorry to hear.

My grandma was the first important person I ever lost in my life. And she was just my grandma. I can't imagine what you're going through. You are in my thoughts and prayers my brotha.

I will be in town later next week. I'll give you a call and maybe we can meet up.
SCCA Stang
Marcus...

I offer my highest condolences to you and your family...

I too can NOT imagine what you are going through, I hope the best for your family and can only leave you with one piece of advice. Live your life to the fullest and live it the best your father would have wanted you to and more.

you will all be in my prayers!

God Bless and God Speed!
awd4kicks
Thanks again everyone. I've got some damn good friends.

The service was a good finally to a long hard month and week paying rightful tribute to a great, great man. Evan even got up an played and sang an unplugged version of Fleetwood Mack's 'Land Slide'. Wow, how beautiful is that? biggthumpup.gif
kapoosh
You'll be in my prayers! RIP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.