Full Version: Back in the day
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills > Media
spyonu2007
a blast from the past.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDQnK00_-TU
mitsu90
love that video biggthumpup.gif
black92_tsi_awd
What year was that? Marcus was looking young!
JBone
I was such an immature tool. dry.gif

Good times, though.
spyonu2007
QUOTE (JBone @ Mar 14 2009, 09:46 PM)
I was such an immature tool. dry.gif

Good times, though.

NOT at all man.
awd4kicks
Ahh...The fabled Freak GST dynoing the new economic header offering of the day. Those were good days. I thought there's more to that vid though.
spyonu2007
I stumbled across the footage and figured Id post it.
I dont have the original anymore.
Kazz5
WTF?

What was glowing inside the wheels - and how'd the headers get that damn glowing red! *Laugh*

Yep, and nice Markus shot...
dualdj1
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ Mar 16 2009, 07:44 AM)
What was glowing inside the wheels - and how'd the headers get that damn glowing red! *Laugh*

Think it was from the pictures being taken from the side, some cameras put off a light like that before snapping.

heh, yeah that was some impressive heat coming off that thing. I'm curious... Are ceramic coated headers better or worse in that situation? Is it bad to push that extra heat down the line to the turbo?
black92_tsi_awd
You want the heat to stay in the airflow and get to the turbo. It keeps the flow rate up by keeping the exhaust energy high.
akamiami
I remember dieing laughing when that flimsy gasket gave out on one of the runs and everybody was freaking out.

It was kind of scary hearing something let go after watching the thing get glowing red and hearing the car at full volume.

Those headers really were crap. The dingleberry laden manifolds from Summitt were actually worse though.
treydawgs4g63T
man i remember that car...

so what numbers did it put down that day? just out of curiousity??????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.