Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: April 13: Autobahn Full Course w/ Laps Inc!
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
Hornswoggler
Start your season off right! Those excited to hit the track this spring, you are in luck. Whether you are a first time HPDE driver or seasoned veteran looking for a test-n-tune, Co-op Racing has a great event lined up for you.

What: HPDE (High Performance Drivers Education) with Laps Inc. and Co-op Racing
Where: Full Course (3.56 miles, 21 turns) at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL
When: Monday, April 13, 2009
Cost: $250 for the day
Why: Because its fun!

Running the full course is a rare opportunity, and at $250, this is a bargain. Expect OVER TWO HOURS of on-track driving... that is a LOT! Laps Inc. put on a very well organized event and give you plenty of track space and seat time. Co-op Racing is promoting 20 driver spots for this event, allowing you the opportunity to run with a very exclusive group.

Lunch, snacks, and refreshments are provided. No experience necessary. Classroom and in-car instruction will be provided for beginner drivers. Helmet rentals available for $20. Fuel is available at the track.

This is a great opportunity for drivers at all levels.

We will be running as guests of Laps Inc. Registration for these spots will be handled by Andy Berberich: co-opracing@bbyoc.com. Please mention your previous performance driving experience so we can place you in the proper run group. Methods of payment include check, money order, or paypal. With 20 spots, it will fill up quickly.

Post up or contact me if any questions. cmizeur@gmail.com

Additional information:
Event Flyer
Rules
Tips and Information
Co-op Racing website
spyonu2007
This is the one to go to guys. For sure. The most fun you can have with your clothes on. Even on street tires.
kapoosh
wow, i wish I had tires (well wheels technically). But it looks like they won't be here until 3rd week of april and running on snow tires just sounds dangerous!
awd4kicks
Sorry, can't make it.
Kazz5
I finished physical therapy on my ankle and knee and promptly fvcked up my back. Muscle relaxants and pain relievers barely take the edge off the daily commute right now. I'll get to one of these ASAP after I can freakin' drive.
natedogg
OT: Being one who had lived with back pain for years on muscle relaxers, pain meds, and cortizone shots until finally having surgery, I feel for you buddy. If it starts shooting down your leg at all, you might want to consider an MRI.

BOT: Once I have a running car that I am willing to beat up on a bit I'll be all for giving this a go. For now I have no such car.
dualdj1
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ Apr 2 2009, 08:05 AM)
I finished physical therapy on my ankle and knee and promptly fvcked up my back. Muscle relaxants and pain relievers barely take the edge off the daily commute right now. I'll get to one of these ASAP after I can freakin' drive.

Find a good Chiro, works wonders.
Kazz5
Anybody know a good chiro in Bloomington? That's where I am all day at work and doubt if a Peoria chiro will see me before 7am or after 6pm. *Laugh*

Shooting down my leg, nate? No problem. just my clutch leg ... *Wince*
natedogg
Same leg I had problems with. Brings back painful memories of ignoring the pain so I could enjoy my whip. Hopefully, a chiro can get it done for you. Didn't work for me.
dualdj1
The main thing is just to look for a place that will give you a full treatment plan. Gotta warn you that it won't just be a couple weeks of adjustments, if you do it right it'll take probly a good year or 2 with as bad as your back sounds; however you will start seeing results within the first month or so. It's amazing how much better you feel and things work when your spine is in the correct position.
Hornswoggler
Hope you get better soon Kazz!

Does that stop you from going to spectate and get ride-alongs?

Anybody interested in renting a track car for this event? There is a business on-site at autobahn that rents race-prepped BMW Z3's for $600 a day. gas included! Not the fastest thing in the world, but a great car to learn on.
Kazz5
Yep. Sitting's the painful position these days. Can't imagine if I was strapped into place, unable to shift weight, etc. *Laugh*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.