Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New car
DSMCentral > Forum > General Talk
eclaser353
I just bought Iron Goats red AWD. Any advice
awdnot2
Glad to see our old car is alive and kicking.

It seems like everyone gets a turn. smile.gif

If the roll bar is still in the car its the one came from David Buschurs and then John Shepherds car.
spyonu2007
awdnot2
awd dsm1
spyonu2007
xian1g
Irongoat
eclaser353

lols.
black92_tsi_awd
A piece of DSM history!

Hopefully you can get it back on the streets!
eclaser353
I didnt know so many of you guys owned it before. It kinda sounds like a dirty old whore. The cage is still in it. I have high hopes for it. A big 16g 255 fuel pump , and some 660s for starters. Hopefully i have it on the road in a month or so. I heard about the story of Dan driving it from Champain with no heat in the dead of winter. Thats a hell of a good friend.
eclaser353
Well i started tearing into it the last few days. I have only worked on FWD so that trans axle and rear drive shaft were new to me. I got all that unhooked and will be pullin the motor this weekend.
spyonu2007
QUOTE (eclaser353 @ Apr 20 2009, 04:26 PM)
I didnt know so many of you guys owned it before. It kinda sounds like a dirty old whore. The cage is still in it. I have high hopes for it. A big 16g 255 fuel pump , and some 660s for starters. Hopefully i have it on the road in a month or so. I heard about the story of Dan driving it from Champain with no heat in the dead of winter. Thats a hell of a good friend.

I went up there to get my Porsche back from the stuttering devil. Seeing's Joe's apprehenson at the cold and no heat, I offered. My porsche had a colony of mice living in it, based on the smell... Im impervious to the cold, so I said.. Hey, Ill drive back with the windows open.

I was good for the first hour (blizzard). I really didnt feel a whole lot, but more and more it took more effort to work the gas and brake. Once back to Peoria, I really had to will my limbs to move, hypothermia wasnt too far off. I had my wife check my rectal temp and it was down below 94 degress.... You have never had a cold ass like that, unless you have a hobby of icecicle insertion... After a couple of blisteringly hot bath's I was back to normal.

Cold doesnt scare me too much. Aside from this last back injury, Ive never ever had an issue with my Legs not doing exactly what I want them too do. Hiking in the dead of winter, even at -20, is easier than sitting in a car doing 80 for an hour and a half at freezing temps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.