THE DAVID CREBO MEMORIAL
2009 DRAG CHALLENGE
Hosted by DSMCentral

AT CORDOVA DRAGWAY PARK

SUNDAY – JUNE 7, 2009
RACING FROM NOON TO 4:00 PM
GATES OPEN AT 11:00 AM AND CLOSE AT 5:00 PM
ALL MAKES AND MODELS OF CAR OR TRUCK WELCOME

(Motorcycles welcome if racing - NO STUNTING)

PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED THE SAME DAY FOR THE FOLLOWING:

FASTEST STREET CAR
FASTEST RACE CAR
WINNER OF BRACKET RACES

ENTRY FEES:
$40 FOR THOSE RACING
$10 FOR A SECOND RACE VEHICLE FOR THE SAME DRIVER
$10 FOR SPECTATORS

In memory of my dad - RIP 1/13/09
mitsu90
I will be there with or without the GVR4 biggthumpup.gif
Max Diesel
Hmmm, I might take the Dmax down the strip! Any caravan planned yet?
spyonu2007
Ill be there.
dualdj1
will try and make it
Kazz5
QUOTE (Dan Boles @ May 10 2009, 06:52 PM)
Ill be there.

With which wheels?

I'm trying to get this finalized...
spyonu2007
Turd Americana.
kapoosh
I'll be there!

Hopefully with the new FP Red smile.gif
Kazz5
QUOTE (kapoosh @ May 11 2009, 08:00 PM)
I'll be there!

Hopefully with the new FP Red smile.gif

Well, with your rumored freakish-already-powered car that should certainly help! biggrin.gif
natedogg
That's the weekend I'm moving into the new house. Don't think I'll be able to make it.
black92_tsi_awd
I should be there. Hopefully with the Talon. If not, probably bring the kids out.

Need to scrape up some cash for a couple new tires. The fronts are cracking really bad and looks like the tread is seperating.
awd4kicks
All DSMCentral members get in at half price if you bring another racer with you.
Keep that on the down low...
awd4kicks
Here's a copy of the flyer that we have been posting around the area.
dualdj1
well unfortunately I don't think the stang's going to be ready... However, I do have my bro's camaro at my disposal, so I may make an appearance if I can find a trailer to borrow. Will see what I can do. biggrin.gif
black92_tsi_awd
Got my tires so I should be there. I think I roped in a buddy with a Turbo Vmax bike to show up too.
kapoosh
Man, i'm working hard to get the evo done in time. As long as I get the tune done sat night, sunday will be fun! If I don't get a tune saturday, I might not have a car to run sad.gif
awd4kicks
QUOTE (kapoosh @ Jun 2 2009, 11:24 PM) *
Man, i'm working hard to get the evo done in time. As long as I get the tune done sat night, sunday will be fun! If I don't get a tune saturday, I might not have a car to run sad.gif

Are you getting it tuned at AMS again? If not let us know if you need any help.
awd4kicks
So who else is going to make it to Cordova this Sunday?

I'd like to see a lot more of you out there to take advantage of the fun. You don't have to have your DSM to run the quarter. Run whatever you have.

I would like to see Darryl & Susan's DSM though.

What do ya say?
spyonu2007
Ill have the turdbird there.
kapoosh
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Jun 2 2009, 08:47 PM) *
Are you getting it tuned at AMS again? If not let us know if you need any help.

No definately not. The last tune I got was from a guy named Kunal in Chicago. I'll most likely be using him again. I just got the turbo today, i'm debating on whether to try to get it all done by sunday, or just run as is again and take my time and worry about the new stuff next week.

I just hate looking at parts and not having them on the car and i've been waiting for this thing for upwards of 2-3 months!
dualdj1
Doesn't look like I'm going to make it out sad.gif Couldn't find a trailer and the stang's not in driving condition. I'd consider taking the buell out, but don't have the gear for it :/ Hopefully next year.
black92_tsi_awd
I talked to Darryl and he should be there.

My buddy with the Turbo Vmax should be coming and bringing some spectators.
Kazz5
Need a shakedown cruise before Saturday AM and there's WAY too much to do around the house, etc. Saturday's autocross should be a REAL eye-opener with all the changes to this beast. Finding out what the quarter time is on last fall's tune has been waiting a LONG time. My wife wants it to make it home in one piece. I want it to make 11s or die trying... *Laugh*

I understand the pain/indecision kapoosh! I don't know how you could get it tuned and ready to go in-time if it's e-mail, etc. But I'd like to see you there whether she's sportin' the new turbo or not!
Max Diesel
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Jun 2 2009, 09:21 PM) *

I'd like to see a lot more of you out there to take advantage of the fun. You don't have to have your DSM to run the quarter. Run whatever you have.

What do ya say?

I'll be there with a couple friends, and a 240sx. Looking forward to seeing some racing! Any caravan planned. We'll be leaving Bloomington/Normal around 8:30am or so.
awdnot2
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Jun 2 2009, 09:21 PM) *

What do ya say?

Hmmm I could have sworn I posted on this thread? Ah well, should have the car there on Sunday.
awd4kicks
That's great news guys! We are getting a good group of cars together. Let's pray for good weather!
Kazz5
Boost leak found. Bad BOV. That's what happens when the car's mostly unused for far too long. I've pressed another one into service - the one I originally had after the stocker, but didn't like. *Laugh* Beggars can't be choosers. Survive autocross tomorrow, drags Sunday. That's the plan!

Thanks Marcus and thanks Dan!
awd4kicks
Anytime Kazz. I'm glad you found the problem and had a BOV available to replace the bad one.

The Talon is prepared and ready for the trip to Mossville tomorrow morning. A quick change onto a set of slicks at the site, and we will be ready to rock!

I plan to get to Mossville around 9am. I'm not exactly sure where building AC is, but I've been to Mossville and the Tech Center a lot back in the 90's.
awd4kicks
My car is still running after the auto-x and I've got it loaded onto the trailer, but a damn u-joint on the truck went out on me!!! mad.gif

Unless I can get someone else to haul it up there first thing in the morning I will be taking one of the gas sipping DD's and just watching!
Kazz5
I'm very sorry to say that I just heard from Dan and Marcus that this event has been cancelled!

They think they'll be too busy drying to have too much time racing.

Sorry, Marcus! Hope to see everyone 7/26 for Slo-Pny day!
dualdj1
Sorry to hear it was cancelled. Any plans to reschedule?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.