Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: June 6th Peoria Area Autocross - Caterpillar Mossville
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
RacerX11
There will be another autocross near Peoria on Saturday, June 6th.

The event is hosted by the Heart of Illinos Sports Car Club and the Central Illinois Section SAE.

The event will be held in the Caterpillar Mossville Building AC parking lot. The site is located approximately 11 miles north of downtown Peoria. The lot surface is a mix of asphalt and concrete.

Here is the Schedule of Events:

Saturday, June 6th
8:30AM - 10:00AM Driver Arrival and Registration
8:30AM - 11:00AM Course Open for Walking
9:00AM - 10:45AM Tech Inspection
11:00AM Drivers' Meeting
11:30AM Start of 1st Heat

Entry fee is $25 for SAE/SCCA Members, $30 for all others.

Event information and driving directions are available here: www.MyAutoEvents.com

On-line registration will be added later today.

Map Link

There will be a limited number of entrants due to the available space, so sign up now if you plan to run.

Regards,
Marty
awd4kicks
Oh nice. A chance to exercise the cross training that I've imposed on the Talon.
Autocross Saturday...Drag racing Sunday!
Kazz5
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ May 27 2009, 10:05 PM) *
Oh nice. A chance to exercise the cross training that I've imposed on the Talon.
Autocross Saturday...Drag racing Sunday!

Try it when you've been out of town all week and family comes in on Friday for a long weekend... I'm trying to make it and keep any portion of my ass attached.
black92_tsi_awd
damn....Fishing Tourney Sat....Drag Racing Sunday!

Going to kick a certain Talons A$$! 8)
spyonu2007
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ May 28 2009, 10:42 AM) *
damn....Fishing Tourney Sat....Drag Racing Sunday!

Going to kick a certain Talons A$$! 8)

Better pack a lunch..
Or better yet, skip a few.
black92_tsi_awd
QUOTE (Dan Boles @ May 28 2009, 09:12 PM) *
Better pack a lunch..
Or better yet, skip a few.

Hey I've lost 10lb, that's got to be worth .002 off my time! wacko.gif

As long as I'm talking out of my a$$, I might as well run you too!
RacerX11
Don't forget to register on-line if you plan to run. We are limiting the number of entrants to 75, and there are 56 already signed up.

Marty
awd4kicks
I am now registered in the Street Modified class. I hope to do some better driving this time with borrowed slicks, big brakes up front and the lack of a vacuum leak that I had at the last event. I'll see you there.
spyonu2007
Chances are you will be faster than me, but Im down...
awd4kicks
It will be an awesome time! I doubt I'll be faster than that racer you've got.
Kazz5
I'm there!
awd4kicks
Sweet. Good job Kazz!
awd4kicks
The Talon is prepared and ready for the trip to Mossville tomorrow morning. A quick change onto a set of slicks at the site, and we will be ready to rock!

I plan to get to Mossville around 9am.
Kazz5
Marcus showed and had some fun.

Dan got first in his class, but it got bumped to another class where he ended up just out of the trophies.

I thought I was beaten, but started to remember how to drive an autocross and somehow managed first in my class. I really didn't think I had.

This was a big reminder that power needs to be toned down for autocross. Like bringing a gun to a knife fight: you kill everything instead of just slicin' it up - or somethin' like that!

83 cars made it. Good event, some really good driving: Mazda RX-8, Formula SAE car, SRT-4 are just a few cars that had things sorted out and some awesome drivers!
JBone
Sounds like it was a lot of fun!!

DSMCentral representin'!

More than talk... action at the track. Nice
spyonu2007
This was a great and well organized event. Lots of fun. Wish more folks could of made it out. Not sure how many other cars were in my class. That being said I'm happy with my times. Petty damn close to an evo owner on the board I might add... Great time.
dualdj1
Congratz Kazz! And good work to everyone else that went out. Really hoping to get the stang together so I can make a few of these events ><
awd4kicks
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ Jun 7 2009, 02:37 PM) *
Marcus showed and had some fun...
This was a big reminder that power needs to be toned down for autocross. Like bringing a gun to a knife fight: you kill everything instead of just slicin' it up - or somethin' like that!

Dan described it as using a chainsaw for brain surgery! I thought that was hilarious and accurate!

You guys did very well and I was happy I made it through the violence of driving the Talon through the course alive. Battered, but alive.
Sounds like we all had a great time and I've got a farmers tan to remind me of it!!! laugh.gif
spyonu2007
Here is the sick thing.. I enjoyed enought that Im now shopping for a tow vehicle and a trailer, so I can travel.. Though this serves too purposes. I can road course it, and such as well.
Damn, why do hobbies need to be so damn expensive? I meen really?
Kazz5
Just has to make it to Rantoul and back for autocross, dood.

There was a commercial photog at the event. Dan, Marcus and I were all in heat #2. Here's the link: http://www.cisportsphotos.com/p488395057 He was going to put one pic for each car in heat 2 up, then do the same for heat 3, going back and forth until he has the 5 best of each car. Heat 1's already up, I guess.
spyonu2007
Thats the thing... coming to an autocross with the autocross ride, requires a trailer... (dont have one, have to borrow) and my wifes DD...
So.. in a nutshell, to do this without putting everyone out, I need my own tow vehicle and my own trailer.
Thats not exactly a trival purchase. Though I am searching. First things first. Free up some capital for said purchase.
That is going to take some doing, I really need to get a couple of low risk financiers or sponsors on my speed dial.
Kazz5
I thought the Evo was gonna hit the block ... wink.gif
spyonu2007
Oh... scared of the z eh?

The evo will be out for slopny drag day. And then it goes back in the garage. Its far to radical to drive on the streets anymore and after feeling what 35psi is like with a tank full of 111, Im afraid that driving with anything less is like half a handjob.

You shuold really consider ditching that white rabbit and go with something more manley.
Kazz5
I'll be satisfied in beating you at autocross for a while first ...
RacerX11
The results are up on the CCSCC site: http://ccsportscarclub.org/ccscc-soloii.html

Dan, you were the only E-mod car there. I forgot to change your bumped class when you switched from SM to EM, but this would have just bumped you in with the BM and FSAE cars, so you probably ended up better overall.

Thanks to everybody that came out!

Marty
spyonu2007
I have a few more bugs to sort out with the car, and some more drive time is needed. I hope to give you a run for your money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.