Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Echo... Echo....
DSMCentral > Forum > General Talk
ncgalant
I've been looking on here now and again. What happend to everyone? There's no talking going on. Anyway... I'm hoping to get the galant's timing belt swaped saturday and at least try to get her on the road for another couple of hours this year rolleyes.gif . What's everyone else up to?
spyonu2007
QUOTE (ncgalant @ Jun 30 2009, 11:40 AM) *
I've been looking on here now and again. What happend to everyone? There's no talking going on. Anyway... I'm hoping to get the galant's timing belt swaped saturday and at least try to get her on the road for another couple of hours this year rolleyes.gif . What's everyone else up to?

nota

Echo
Kazz5
... hoping the spot under the Evo parked on the street doesn't grow too much before I can take it in Monday. *Laugh* I may get curious enough to put her up and look at her this weekend. But I figure I'm doing a lot to the DD this weekend. Lots of new pretty parts for it...
spyonu2007
Fix my buddies Vulcan.
Wiring harness burnt up.
Found the short. One by one, replacing the wiring.
black92_tsi_awd
I've een trying to fix my overheating impala...the Talon has been my daily driver for the last couple of weeks.
I haven't been to the track once this year, no time and money's tight. Hopefully SloPny Day will work out for me. I need a fix really bad!
mitsu90
QUOTE (Dan Boles @ Jul 1 2009, 10:22 AM) *
Fix my buddies Vulcan.
Wiring harness burnt up.
Found the short. One by one, replacing the wiring.

Wanna help fix the wiring in the GVR4 tongue.gif
awd4kicks
What happened to everyone? That's a good question. What have you been doing NC?
I've been enjoying a running DSM for an entire year now. I've taken it to Cordova for the January 1st. Hangover Fest and rand the fastest MPH for the day. I took it to the Mossville autocross and devoured many cones. And just lately I ran her through the paces with a bunch of powerful vehicles from CSS on a Tuesday Muscle Cruise.

Wanna hook me up with a chip that has no stutter box some time soon? biggrin.gif

Hey it's good to hear from you and see that there will be progress on the Galant.
spyonu2007
QUOTE (mitsu90 @ Jul 1 2009, 07:38 PM) *
Wanna help fix the wiring in the GVR4 tongue.gif

What is wrong with the wiring in the gvr4?
mitsu90
QUOTE (Dan Boles @ Jul 3 2009, 02:35 PM) *
What is wrong with the wiring in the gvr4?

I'm not sure...It's got issues wacko.gif
spyonu2007
QUOTE (mitsu90 @ Jul 3 2009, 04:17 PM) *
I'm not sure...It's got issues wacko.gif

So, you know its the harness because:
mitsu90
QUOTE (Dan Boles @ Jul 3 2009, 07:44 PM) *
So, you know its the harness because:

Honestly I have no clue what it is.. I am an electronic retard..

All I know is the middle ECU plug keeps building some nasty green stuff..
spyonu2007
Are you keeping the ecm off the floor, and mounted in its proper location? Generally, that green corroded stuff comes from getting wet, or having been wet at some point. You could take a mini file, and pick set and scratch off the gunk. Go to Radio Shack, get some electronic component cleaner in a spray can, hit it with that, and reclean.

It will take some time, but you can get it off. Its tedious. Worse case, that harness side is shot (socket type) and if you are unable to clean it, you may be better off, cutting it off and getting a new harness connector and wire it in. Make sure its the same connector, and go wire by wire. Dont just cut them off and think.. Hell.. they are all different colors, it will be easy to just hack em back together. You may find more than one of the same color, or different colors entirely.

Good luck
mitsu90
Thanx for the tip. smile.gif
JBone
I've been busy workin', runnin', playin' softball, and dreaming about cars. I just hit a huge score the other day at the junkyard! I got a new hood and thicker sway bar for the front. I also got some headlights to flip on the 'net.

Nothing special.
ncgalant

Well I just got married a week ago. The house is still an ongoing project. Work takes up all of the free time I used to have. On top of all of that, I didn't get to work on the galant on account of the rain( no functional garage) mad.gif Anyway, I'd love to stay in touch guys and hopefully have the car on the road someday.
awd4kicks
QUOTE (ncgalant @ Jul 6 2009, 07:48 PM) *
Well I just got married a week ago. The house is still an ongoing project. Work takes up all of the free time I used to have. On top of all of that, I didn't get to work on the galant on account of the rain( no functional garage) mad.gif Anyway, I'd love to stay in touch guys and hopefully have the car on the road someday.

Congrats on the marriage NC. You must have thought you had too much time and money on your hands.

Definitely keep in touch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.