Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 Slo Pny Drag Day
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
Pages: 1, 2
awd4kicks
Who's Going to run and who's going to spectate?
winkler1g
Im going to try and make it . The sc hasnt seen the 1/4 yet and im itching to find out what its got.
Kazz5
Evo's most likely out as it probably won't be good for another 2 wks, minimum.

The DD might make the trip, I suppose. Got an NA no-spray 4-cyl bracket? biggrin.gif
dualdj1
Long night of drinking beforehand (the 25th) consisting of a 300lb ice block and many gallons of long island. Otherwise it sounds like fun!
spyonu2007
That sucks big time. Any thoughts on how a transmission can break in such a way? Did you ever figure out where that spacer went?
Kazz5
Spacer went to the trans mount. Everyone seems to concur that torquing it down w/o the spacer caused the problem. Repair ETA: 2 wks.
spyonu2007
Team rip trans, destroyed. RIP team rip trans... RIP.
I hope you are compensated in some manner.
kapoosh
Clutch does not like new power. I have a new one on the way, hopefully should easily be good by the 26th!
spyonu2007
QUOTE (kapoosh @ Jul 8 2009, 12:04 PM) *
Clutch does not like new power. I have a new one on the way, hopefully should easily be good by the 26th!

So which clutch have you selected?
Ive destroyed exedy tripple ceramics on one pull. Ive had great luck with the star spec clutches.

The evo has seen as high as 37psi on the spec3+ with zero slippage.
kapoosh
I had the Exedy stage 2 in there, drove like crap and only lasted a day with the new found power.

After much research went with the ACT HDG6, supposedly doesn't have the lockout issues the HDSS had and should hold the power fairly well for the time being. Went with the ACT flywheel as well.

Kind of wanted a twin disc, but the funds just weren't there after just buying/installing all this stuff.

But man, i LOVE this turbo. Even on just 24psi it's an absolute blast.

Kazz5
Will look hard at the clutch when the trans comes off, too. I don't expect any problems, although it's been 20K. Exedy twin HD...
kapoosh
QUOTE (Kazz5 @ Jul 9 2009, 09:35 AM) *
Will look hard at the clutch when the trans comes off, too. I don't expect any problems, although it's been 20K. Exedy twin HD...

I have about 25K miles on my exedy and it still seemed to grab really hard and NEVER slipped no matter how much abuse I gave it....but i guess the red was just too much for it.
Kazz5
Well, to be fair, the damn thing hasn't seen THAT much abuse since it went in. It'll be interesting to see what's what.

How'd everybody like Kunal's tunes? What's the verdict?
spyonu2007
From the sounds of it, at least when I spoke to SLobase, he was happy with the results. Which also makes me think twice about running against his ass when the time comes. As far as Kapoosh. I could hear in the distance the rate he was going through gears, and how angry the car sounded... Id say he picked up quite a bit of power.
Slopny drag day will be the day we see it in action.
kapoosh
Speaking for myself, I absolutely love it. The car's running the smoothest it's ever ran. The power definately feels like it's there, but only the track will tell the truth.

I did do some fun runs against a MR2 making 379rwhp on sound performances mustang dyno. I pulled maybe half a car from 30-130. But I figure he has a solid 6-800lbs on me and would easily make around 400whp on a dynojet.....Gives some confidence in the car!
kapoosh
Plus my clutch is slipping so I didn't get more than a day or two's worth of fun. Granted i drove over 300 miles the first 2 days, definately addicting.
spyonu2007
I want a piece of the talon, and kapooshes black evo
awd4kicks
I seen Kapoosh's EVO last Tuesday. Very nice looking. Love the wheels combined with the jet black exterior and the incognito turbo mounting.
awdnot2
We'll be running there.
awd4kicks
QUOTE (awdnot2 @ Jul 14 2009, 03:47 PM) *
We'll be running there.

Excellent... It's been a while since I watched the orange rocket go down the track in person.
spyonu2007
Im going to BF black92tsi.
black92_tsi_awd
"Best Friend"?? laugh.gif

spyonu2007
Your going to wish.
Bring some lube.
awdnot2
Better get your feet set! laugh.gif

spyonu2007
350hp of american muscle is going to rape some dsm's.
black92_tsi_awd
Hmmm, maybe I'll make it easier on you and have my wife drive the Talon. So you don't get beat as bad.
winkler1g
What time is everyone leaving two go up there? It would be nice get a cruise going. Everyone that was going with me eather is on stands still or backed out.
spyonu2007
psh... your wife can beat it better than you!
However, if you do drive it be sure to bring some:
awdnot2
WOW! Are you gonna take that like a man? - Kicking and screaming
dualdj1
have fun guys, make sure and get some pics/videos if Dan actually manages a good asskicking with that heavyass detroit beast wink.gif
spyonu2007
SUCK IT YOU!
Your project car has been a project longer than my evos been broke!
mitsu90
I been thinking about going to spectate.
spyonu2007
Pussy!
If you need a turbo I got you covered for 250!
black92_tsi_awd
I have now doubt than Dan will be "behind" me at some time...mostly watching my ass ahead of him through the traps!
mitsu90
QUOTE (Dan Boles @ Jul 17 2009, 02:16 PM) *
Pussy!
If you need a turbo I got you covered for 250!

I don't have $250 or I would be all over it. sad.gif
spyonu2007
You wanna bet one weeks of pay on that black92tsi?
black92_tsi_awd
Sorry....nope. My kids take enough of my money. Pride is the only thing I gamble with.
spyonu2007
I have none.
treydawgs4g63T
QUOTE (winkler1g @ Jul 16 2009, 04:32 PM) *
What time is everyone leaving two go up there? It would be nice get a cruise going. Everyone that was going with me eather is on stands still or backed out.

if you wanna cruise up wit me and my bro and some of his friends youre more then welcome...... I be takin my SRT up there!!!!! well my new toy anyway... ((((2000 neon with the srt4 swap)))

anybody else from the pekin area headin up??? we are gonna head out around 10AM...
spyonu2007
3 way FTMFW!
dualdj1
QUOTE (Dan Boles @ Jul 17 2009, 10:41 AM) *
SUCK IT YOU!
Your project car has been a project longer than my evos been broke!

And I'm sure you'll have the evo fixed before I'm done lol. Damn women, take more time and money than my cars!
spyonu2007
Easily, my 04 has been drivable forever and the 03 is being sold off as a project.
treydawgs4g63T
Ok so i got a bunch of guys meetin up at goodfellas in pekin sunday morning at 9:30.... Anybody from the area thats goin should meet up with us there and we will have a decent little chain gang...

No dan, not a GANG BANG!!!! haha
awdnot2
Everyone make note of the detour on the Cordova's site. The normal exit is closed and if you cross the river you can't come back across there.
treydawgs4g63T
thanks for that input..... see you guys there!!!

again, anyone going from the Pekin area is welcome to meet up with me and some buddies at goodfells parking lot around 9:30 am on sunday!! we will be leaving to head to the track from there at around 10
Kazz5
I now have to break in a trans and swap wheels before the event... biggrin.gif
awd4kicks
Yes good point Darryl/Susan

Keep up the good work Kazz you're almost there!

It's going to be good to see everyone up at the track again.
awd4kicks
Just heard that the weather should be good this weekend!

I'm also going to get my first chance to go 10's this weekend!
Josh can not drive his turbo Mustang due to a temporary medical issue and has asked me to race it.
Driving a fat tired RWD car is a hand full, not to mention going that fast.

Now I'll take on All you ballers.... Except Darryl! smile.gif
mitsu90
Sooo do you need a driver for the talon since your gonna be behind the wheel of a stang.... tongue.gif
awd4kicks
Ohhh I should have seen that one coming! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.