Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bye Bye DSM... Hello MOPAR!!!!
DSMCentral > Forum > Project Threads
treydawgs4g63T
Well guys, since the last few DSM's have givin me a hell of a run around i have picked up a new toy to throw time and money at.... and becuase i can get my daughter in and out of it easier and safer for her to ride in...

This is what i picked up about a week ago, tradid my bike for it (car books for more so i didnt care since i didnt ride much anymore)

2000 dodge neon es
61000 miles on a R/T DOHC engine (basically a 420a)
5 speed manual
silver in color
Hahn Super 20g turbo kit
srt4 exhaust (stock on the srt)
srt4 front mount intercooler (stock on the srt)
lowered but im raising it back up to run different wheels
carbon fiber hood
Halo, projector headlights with three blue LEDs in each assembly
srt4 shifter
triple gauge pod with gauges
and a few other things (cd player, ecu tuned, etc..)

I am currently having the tranny looked at cause i didnt like the way it was shifting between first and second gear but will have it back on wednesday. I plan on driving the car up on slowpony day but im not going to race it just yet. I wanna make sure everything is good on it before i go tearing it up. Plus i still have the GSX that im building over the next few months. My gpa is lending me the money to get an AMS shortblock for it, but i have to fund the rest of the build and it will take a lil bit of time and a decent amount of money.

I will post pics of the neon up when i take some.... havent taken any yet cause i wanna clean it up real well and i also lost my memory card for my camera.

So , my plans for the ESRT4 ( ES + SRT$, haha ):

srt4 transmission
bigger fuel setup with a good tune
different wheels
3" exhaust ( thats my favorite and the exh. off the gsx wont work, damn)

Im thinking about takin the 20g off for the time being and running a stock srt4 turbo just becuase of the difference in spool timing. The 20g (just like on a DSM) does not like to spool until its basically too late.

I also am debating on if i want to find an srt4 longblock 2.4 liter engine and drop it in , or if i wanna find another 2.0 and build it internally. I have found that alot of the srt guys are running the 2.0 liter heads on the 2.4 liter block and its a monster.. I am unsure of this task at the time but will keep you guys posted.

well i guess for now thats about a mouth full and ima go to bed.

peace.....
ncgalant
That's a crazy move man. Best of luck to you with it. I'm pretty sure the hahn "super" 20g runs a 10cm turbine housing. That's probably the reason for the super late spool. I'd guess full boost is around 4500 or so. It would probably be a fine turbo if you were running a 2.4L
awd4kicks
I want to see pictures!
treydawgs4g63T
crappy pics but heres an idea of what she looks like

the hood is carbon fiber but due to the exessive amounts of heat from the turbo and no heat barrier underneath its a little faded... i think im going to paint it either black or silver..
treydawgs4g63T
oh yea, also a little update...

the engine is actually a 2.0 liter SOHC 16v... Im in a totally new learning game with this car...

also, i will be pulling the motor out this week and doing the stage II mopar rebuild. I think im having some blow by issues and dont really wanna be driving around like this. Also upgrading the turbo and that is another reason for the engine upgrade.

srt4 swap is basically out of the picture, i wanna walk on the srt4s with my sohc motor!!! may take a little more money and smarts but thats what i am aiming at doing.

Plus after the build, i will only have roughly 9k in the car total...

Turbonetics has a hell of a deal on a 60 trim hybrid turbo right now and it comes with a 1 year no hassle, anything goes warranty... GOOD DEAL

Also, just so anyone knows i am looking for ways ( NON SEXUAL ) to earn a little money... I am pretty good at working on DSM's and can do just about anything to them so if you need some work, let me know.

I am installing a tranny and cylinder head on 93dsmowners talon this next week along with a few other little things..
treydawgs4g63T
Ok , so obviously owning a DSM in the past is like addicting yourself to a drug.. I am going to be fixing the turbo on the neon and driving it daily as a four door grocery getter with a lil pep...

I am getting another DSM this weekend and will be starting a new project thread with a very detailed story line...

also, ADAM LE (asiankid91) has purchased another DSM after like two years and has it tore all to hell... he should be contacted and start a thread himself. I will try to get our younger generation of DSM building addicted feins to start posting more project threads and issues to liven up this site a little bit more.. this site is the only one i trust and can get assistance from if needed...

well i would type more but i have to sooth my addiction by searching the web for dsm parts for the next hour or so...

blink.gif
dualdj1
so much for the Mopar power! rolleyes.gif
black92_tsi_awd
"One of the most Crazy and Undecisive Members in central Illinois"
treydawgs4g63T
^^^^^ haha, told ya so.

The neon just doesnt sooth my cravings like the DSM does. I can force feed as much boost as i want into a dsm and it will handle it for some time. If it blows up well, i most likely have the parts to fix it at home.

Im still gonna keep the neon and keep it turbocharged but its not going to be my(again , non sexual) abuse taker..... (DSM) haha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.