Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shauns 94 GSX (jdmcivic00)....
DSMCentral > Forum > Project Threads
treydawgs4g63T
Ok guys, im going to post this for my buddy SHAUN (jdmcivic00) since he is tied up in the marine corp until march... About six months ago he picked up a 1994 eclipse GSX ( one of my old ones , imagine that ) and has had it sittin in my garage since then. He has also been ordering goodies for it non stop for the last month or two... Being the good friend that i am, i have volunteered to install everything and get this beast ready for him to tear up the streets when he gets home in MARCH ( march is his full term release )...

Now for some input on the car:

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
5 sp. manuel
Rebuilt 6 bolt engine swap
Rebuilt manuels trans.. (EIII shift forks and stuff)
Newer paint

Mods when he bought the car:

Fidanza short throw shifter
couple autometer gauges
wally 255 hp fuel pump (rewired)
SBR 3500 clutch kit

Nothing to major was done but atleast the rebuilds were already completed ( BY ME OF COURSE )..

Now over the next few months I will have my hands full with modifications and parts installs to perform. Here is just a brief list of the tasks i will be performing: (and i will post pics if i can get them to load )

Punishment Racing FMIC kit
Forced Performance 4" intake pipe
3" GM MAF
ECM (DSM) Link
EVO III 16g turbo
SBR tubular manifold
Turbosmart Ultragate 38mm wastegate
autometer boost/vac
autometer wideband
autometer egt
autometer fuel pressure
autometer volts
autometer oil temp
Apexi turbo timer and harness
3" turbo back exhaust
powder coated valve cover
272* cams
KYB struts and Eibach springs
Fuel lab fuel pressure regulator kit
FIC 650cc injectors
HKS SSQV BOV kit (awesome matte black edition)

and much much more.... i will keep this thread going over the next month or so....

You can also check it out on our "...boostedtechniques..." myspace page... Its a club we started a few years ago
awd4kicks
Sounds like the perfect street terror DSM TJ. Keep us posted.
jdmcivic00
Im about to make another order on extreme psi for parts cant wait to get this thing done and see how she does first time at the track.
treydawgs4g63T
well the last couple weeks have been fun... got the turbo swapped out, the cams are in, the exhaust in on, the radiator is installed, slimline fans are on, gauges are installed (which sucked bad by the way)...

gotta do a few more things to it before it goes back to storage for the holidays. Also, sending out the ECU to have the DSMlink chip installed in the next week or so...

ill try to post pics of it but i usually cant for some gay reason...
treydawgs4g63T
couple more pics, just gotta click on them to open them up....
black92_tsi_awd
looks pretty good!

I would be worried about having the oil filter pointing straight out of the head. Vibration and getting hit working on it would worry me.
treydawgs4g63T
thats where i had mine on the auto gsx i had and it worked out ok... everything is tight and sealed so should be ok....
treydawgs4g63T
car still starts and idles just fine (because im just a good DSM mechanic lmao) to this day... just waiting for shaun (the owner) to get out of the marines to come abuse it (only a month and a half buddy)....
jdmcivic00
QUOTE (treydawgs4g63T @ Jan 7 2010, 11:39 PM) *
car still starts and idles just fine (because im just a good DSM mechanic lmao) to this day... just waiting for shaun (the owner) to get out of the marines to come abuse it (only a month and a half buddy)....

43 more days till Im ripping up the streets
treydawgs4g63T
QUOTE (jdmcivic00 @ Jan 12 2010, 01:18 PM) *
43 more days till Im ripping up the streets

40 days......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.