Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tks Toy Tsi
DSMCentral > Forum > Project Threads
treydawgs4g63T
thought i had started a thread on my newest nightmare but i guess not... anyways, i picked up daryls old green talon off tommy over the summer and yes it is still just as clean as you all may remember. Picked it up as basically just a shell but it has a few gauges and a turbo timer in it. It has been sitting in my garage since i purchased it because of funding issues (damn economy) but i have had some recent activity the last few weeks.

I picked up an old talon of mine a couple weeks ago to use for parts such as the engine , trans, tcase, ecu, wiring harness (freakin mice) and other misc. things. Now the engine needs some work (which one doesnt) and the trans needs syncros (again) but i will be performing a rebuild on each MYSELF...

Picked up a rebuild kit the other day for a GREAT price of $357.00 and it comes with the following items (all meet or exceed OEM standards and some are JDM):

NPR pistons
piston rings
Full gasket kit
Full seal kit
new belts
headgasket
new lifters (lash adjusters)
new timing pulleys (i know right?)
oil pump and gear
main bearings
rod bearings
and misc small items....

i thought this was a hell of a deal and it is scheduled to arrive at my house tomoro... CANT wait... ill let you guys know what i think of it tomoro evening...

I have mostly completed shauns GSX for him and it is now time to start on my tsi....

till next time....

peace
awd4kicks
Couldn't pick a better base for luck #13!
treydawgs4g63T
Although i have had so many of these cars and usually sell them and make alittle money, i wish i would have just kept one of the first ones and it would have been a monster by now..

But anyways... got the rebuild kit friday! Everything looks great and of good quality. I added it up and by not going with the machv.com rebuild kit like i usually do i have saved almost $400.... Granite its not a high horsepower build but it will suit my needs for just a beefy street monster....

I will start posting pics once i get started on the process....
treydawgs4g63T
well a little update on my current project... picked up a doner car for the engine trans harness ecu etc.! this past weekend i pulled the motor/trans and today i tore the engine apart. well, not so much good news. The rollers on the entire intake side had fallen off the lifters (wtf) resulting in the entire intake side valves to be bent BADLY.... damnit.... Well thats not all! I got to the bottom end and when i looked into cylinder one, guess what i found? A BB sized hole right thru the cylinder wall... WTF again... dont kno if the guy ran it way too lean or wat but now ima have to have the block re- sleeved! Probably wont hurt to have this done since it will strengthen it a bit more but sucks that its gonna take that much longer at the machine shop!

The engine only had 93000 miles on it so i wasnt expecting too much damage but wrong i was! Gonna order a set of brian crower SS valves and have the head worked on and obviously the block... Should have her running in a few weeks but depends on the machine shop turn around.

ill keep ya posted
awd4kicks
Wow...those are some strange problems TJ. I would just find another shortblock to start with...The stock ones are cheap anymore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.