Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: old style logger cable hookup
DSMCentral > Forum > Tech Info
treydawgs4g63T
So I still have one of the older (3 wire) logger cables and forgot how to hook the lil booger up.... anybody remember how its done?
mitsu90
QUOTE (treydawgs4g63T @ Jan 15 2010, 08:29 AM) *
So I still have one of the older (3 wire) logger cables and forgot how to hook the lil booger up.... anybody remember how its done?

I know exactly how it's done.

Ignore the red wire as I'm sure your cable don't have one.

treydawgs4g63T
i figured you would have it.... thanks
mitsu90
And just a little FYI if you don't have the red wire You can leave it hooked up at all times..
Patterson353
QUOTE (mitsu90 @ Jan 18 2010, 02:48 AM) *
And just a little FYI if you don't have the red wire You can leave it hooked up at all times..

This may sound stupid but mine has the conector on it that hooks right to the data harness. It has a red wire seperatly that I plug into a fuse. Are you saying I don't need the red one to the fuse? Also I have had it pluged in like that for ever.
mitsu90
QUOTE (Patterson353 @ Jan 18 2010, 09:40 PM) *
This may sound stupid but mine has the conector on it that hooks right to the data harness. It has a red wire seperatly that I plug into a fuse. Are you saying I don't need the red one to the fuse? Also I have had it pluged in like that for ever.

No if you have the red wire it needs to be hooked up.. There are 2 types of cables. Auto on ( no red wire) and one that needs a power source (red wire).

from everything I have ever read if you use a red wire cable it will throw a CEL.. or I think it turns on you ABS light. Building cables is fairly simple if you posses the skills to solder... We have previously discussed my soldering ability. blink.gif

Patterson353
Then it's ok to keep it pluged in all the time? I don't have any cel
mitsu90
Hmmm interesting... as far as I know it's not. but I could be wrong.. unsure.gif
black92_tsi_awd
Mines always pugged in...I don't have ABS though.
mitsu90
Do you have a red wire?
black92_tsi_awd
Pretty sure I do. I'll have to look.
mitsu90
I could be 100% wrong on this, But I am pretty sure thats the benefit of no red wire..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.