Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to install a trans
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills > Media
mitsu90
Trans Install
black92_tsi_awd
damn! He's helping me next time!
mitsu90
I wish he would have been around to help with the galant... It took allot longer then that and we had 4 people wacko.gif
awd4kicks
Hah...Been there and done that about 15-20 times.

That way is much easier than dicking with a jack and trying to push it up from the bottom.
But it doesn't always go that easy either. I've had to set 'er down a couple times durring an install when things aren't lining up right.

You learn how to do things one way or another when you do everything yourself. rolleyes.gif
black92_tsi_awd
I just ain't that strong anymore. I got to use a trans jack to get it close. Lone wolfing it suck sometimes, Luckily my son is big enough to turn the drivers side wheel to help line the splines up!
natedogg
Yeah, I used to do that too. Then I had back surgery. Its not worth it. Use a jack or cherry picker.
mitsu90
QUOTE (natedogg @ Feb 8 2010, 08:43 AM) *
Yeah, I used to do that too. Then I had back surgery. Its not worth it. Use a jack or cherry picker.

I used an asiankid and a tow strap. laugh.gifblink.gif
spyonu2007
Ol Jame Moushon and I did that on the gst a couple few times, lol.. one up top, one on bottom.. er..wait
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.