Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 DSMCentral Drag Day June 6th
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
awd4kicks
Ok everyone spring has arived and tt's time to give you a deadline for your projects!

June 6th we will be hosting the Nth annual DSMCentral Drag Day. This event will be open to all racers and spectators just as in previous years.

Gates open at 11:00 AM
Racing Starts at Noon and goes through 4pm
Gates close at 5pm

ENTRY FEES:
$25 FOR THOSE RACING
$10 FOR A SECOND RACE VEHICLE FOR THE SAME DRIVER
$5 FOR SPECTATORS

Pass the word around and let me know if you are going. Prices at the track are going up and it wouldn't hurt to have a basic head count to know where we are going to be at.

Thanks for your support and I hope to see you out at the track on Sunday, June 6th!
Patterson353
I'm there!!!! Time to see what the old rocket has in her!!!!!
black92_tsi_awd
Wife and I should be there.

Sent it out to the racers at work...
natedogg
That's my boy's birthday so I won't be able to make it this year. Not that I have anything to race anyway. Good luck to those who do!
dualdj1
unfortunately will be driving home from vacation, or would love to be there. Have a good time folks!
awd4kicks
UPDATE!

Now that we've been getting more racers joining in, I'm cutting prices so more people can easily enjoy the event!

It was $40 to race ... Now it$25
It was $10 to spectate... Now it's $5!

With this kind of cut back on entry fees, there may not be aby prizes to give out. But this way everyone wins instead of just a few!

Now who's coming?
Pass the word!
black92_tsi_awd
Damn, I was coming anyway, but I'll pass the new entry on at work.
awd4kicks
Thanks Chris!
dualdj1
Nice job man, hope it goes over well biggrin.gif
black92_tsi_awd
One of the guys I work with has a DSM and is trying to get 2 buddies to go.
kapoosh
I'll be there!
mitsu90
I posted this on galantvr4.org.. I am gonna try to make it to spectate.
black92_tsi_awd
I'd say right now I'm down to about 25% chance of making it...
scorp28
I will try to make it to spectate and give a helping hand for any last minute fixes or needed repairs.
awd4kicks
BUMP!

So is anyone else going to this bargain basement drag day?

Darryl has been racing lately... Are you going to make it to our home town style event?
spyonu2007
have you printed fliers this year?
awd4kicks
Yeah...Sure did. I'll post it up on Facebook, but if I don't get enough people it's no big deal. I'll pick-up the tab to give back to the Peep's that really bring it. This will probably be the last DSMCentral spring event though. Slo-Pny Day should stick around for a while.
scorp28
I will not be able to make it. I will be in Elmwood helping to clean up from the tornado that went through tonight and destroyed a bunch of stuff.
awd4kicks
We had a GREAT day of racing fun yesterday. I have some photo's that I will post up with more details later!
WkidSTi
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Jun 7 2010, 07:32 AM) *
We had a GREAT day of racing fun yesterday. I have some photo's that I will post up with more details later!

I had a bunch of fun too. I hope you guys enjoyed everything. My wife has a professional photography page, here is the link to it to view any of the pictures sh took.
http://haugenphotography.smugmug.com/Cars/...892200810_SM6hg

Also for anyone who won a gift certificate to Benchmark, or just wants to check them out for any of there tuning needs go to:
http://www.benchmarktuning.com/

or you can look them up on Facebook as well under Benchmark Tuning, call and ask for Sean or Mike and they will get you hooked up with the parts you need or with an date for service or a tune!
black92_tsi_awd
Thanks for putting on the event again Kicks. Had a good time even though I wasn't driving.
awd4kicks
I have finally uploaded the pictures from 2010 DSMCentral/SloPny Drag Day...

Check them out here:
PhotoBucket Album
treydawgs4g63T
I hate how I'm always too busy to make it to these events! Looks like there was a decent turnout and some pretty good racing goin on tho... Never fear I do currently have a 1g that I'm putting together slowly but also at the same time remodeling my house! I'm hoping to b back in full car building action by fall!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.