Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wifes 2g
DSMCentral > Forum > Project Threads
Patterson353
well i finaly got a block for it and took it to the machine shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hope to get it out of the garage soon!!!! its only been sitting there for a year
black92_tsi_awd
About damn time! rolleyes.gif
Patterson353
yea tell me about it!!!!!!
dualdj1
hells yes, let me know when you get the block back so we can start assembling that bad boy.
Patterson353
QUOTE (dualdj1 @ Dec 20 2010, 12:03 PM) *
hells yes, let me know when you get the block back so we can start assembling that bad boy.

will do man!! thanks again
treydawgs4g63T
awesome. hit me up if you need any help. tryin to find myself a project but cant find one that i like yet...
Patterson353
will do!!!!! talked to mulvain today and got all the sizes so i can order the rebuild kit!!! cant wait to get that thing out of the garage!!!!!!only been there for a year!!!
dualdj1
awesome, i gotta stop by his shop tonight and drop off some heads lol
treydawgs4g63T
i havent seen this whip yet, post some pics...
dualdj1
bottom end's going together tonight. hopefully he'll be able to get it buttoned up in the next couple weeks.
Patterson353
yes bottom end is done!!! big thanks to dualdj he did all the work while i was learning!! hope to have motor done by this weekend.
mitsu90
hell yea good to hear its almost done cool.gif
Patterson353
and im real happy with the machine work!!!!!!!!
dualdj1
Yeah the machine work was excellent, and very reasonable. Block looked awesome. Done by Mike Mullvain at Mullvain Motorsports in East Peoria (behind Autozone).

No prob buddy, glad to help out. Can't wait to see you get that bad boy out of the garage, then the real fun can start with your car happy.gif
black92_tsi_awd
You gonna have this running for spring? 8)
dualdj1
Last I had bugged him about it, he was still waiting on some parts.
Patterson353
finally done
black92_tsi_awd
No Shit???

Does she like it?
mitsu90
Hell yea
bluzvr4
hell ya ill be bring my car down tonight so u can start on it tongue.gif
Patterson353
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Mar 22 2011, 10:11 AM) *
No Shit???

Does she like it?

OH YEA!!!!!!! Daddy is looking good!!!!!!
bluzvr4
u get those pics yet?
Patterson353
well i got 430 miles on it with no problems!!! took it to iowa this weekend.
93dsmowner
NICE!

I need to come get that 2g head from you soon to fix my car.
black92_tsi_awd
now you jinxed it! 8)
Patterson353

Patterson353

Patterson353

bluzvr4
some good pics! o and i spy my tummy smile.gif
black92_tsi_awd
I've never put a trans is with the engine...wonder if that's possible on a 1G???
Patterson353
yea and zack standing there doing nothing as usual!!!!
Patterson353
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Mar 29 2011, 12:41 PM) *
I've never put a trans is with the engine...wonder if that's possible on a 1G???

yes it is. much easier
bluzvr4
i was amazed how easy it went in makes me alot less scared of pulling my motor when the time comes.
bluzvr4
and zach was def doing something! talking and talking lol
Patterson353
on the 1g just unbolt the tranny mount through the wheelwell
awdnot2
QUOTE (Patterson353 @ Mar 29 2011, 12:42 PM) *
yes it is. much easier

Yup it is easy. We did it 2.5 times in one race weekend at Gateway back in the NOPI days. Pulled the race setup out. Pulled Brad's setup out and installed into the race car. The next day pulled Brad's setup out of the race car and put it back into his car.
93dsmowner
Of course these comments inspired me to do the majority of the work putting my car back together. smile.gif
bluzvr4
QUOTE (93dsmowner @ Mar 31 2011, 07:32 PM) *
Of course these comments inspired me to do the majority of the work putting my car back together. smile.gif

im glad we could help u standard:P lol
awd4kicks
Great project threads Patterson! Glad to see the wifes car back together.

I was also surprised to see the trans go in together with the engine. Considering I've done that with V8 about 20 time, I don't understand why that seems odd.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.