Sunday - June 5th, 2011
Gates open at 11:00 AM
Racing Starts at Noon and goes through 4pm for less that 150 racers
Over 150 racers we will keep the lanes open until 5pm

ENTRY FEES:
$35 FOR THOSE RACING
$10 FOR A SECOND RACE VEHICLE FOR THE SAME DRIVER
$5 FOR SPECTATORS

This is an open Test-N-Tune Event at a discounted rate!
All vehicles are welcome to run the quarter mile
As usual - No motorcycle stunting allowed

Make plans now to join us!
mitsu90
Hope to have the G-ride together for this.
bluzvr4
maybe the talon can grab a lane with the g ride;)
93dsmowner
Had fun last year, will be riding up this year with bluzvr4. Hope to have him crack a 12 with only $1100 invested!
awd4kicks
Excellent! Everyone chould bring a couple things to race .
treydawgs4g63T
working on pickin up one of my old GSX's now, if i do get it ill be bringing it up. and if i get it, ill be posting pics and plans for it, even tho we already have like 5 grand in it... ohmy.gif
93dsmowner
Possibility of having a bike by then biggrin.gif
doayamaha
my talon should be ready for this!
dualdj1
well shit, i may actually be able to make it! not sure if i'll have something to race, but will come watch at least. Though maybe the stang will be able to make an appearance...
awd4kicks
Do it!
spyonu2007
hells yes ladies and gents.. going to eat me a hamburger, going to break the ta.. all will be right as rain.
spyonu2007
BTW, I riposted this up everywhere that I frequent, save for one.. I only lurk there.
awd4kicks
Thanks Dan! I posted up there.
awdnot2
I have a DSM can I run it?
unsure.gif
bluzvr4
QUOTE (awdnot2 @ May 24 2011, 02:30 AM) *
I have a DSM can I run it?
unsure.gif

u need to run i have met you once in havana and u had nothing but trouble and i want to see what that cars got. i was the kid with the blue vr4 that talked to you while u teched in
dualdj1
I don't think the stang will be ready for this. However Gross will be in town, so maybe I can talk him into bringing the porche up.
awd4kicks
Darryl & Gross! I haven't seen those two in for ever....

Darryl, we would have it any other way. Bring that bad boy up.

Jason...make sure Kris comes weather he brings the Porsce or not!
awdnot2
The plan is to bring it up, although it is short one key component. Anyone have a 23 spline transfer case they need destroyed?
dualdj1
Brent may have one, he has all kinds of spare parts laying around.
bluzvr4
mistu90 had a few too
mitsu90
I have a couple let me count the splines and make sure they are 23
treydawgs4g63T
find that tcase for darryl yet??? i may have one also if not..
black92_tsi_awd
You better find him two so he can make two passes! 8)
dualdj1
Me and Gross will be there for sure. Possibly with a real loud porche, pulled the mufflers off yesterday cause he got a wild hair on improving performance or some shit.
mitsu90
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ May 30 2011, 03:58 PM) *
You better find him two so he can make two passes! 8)

Just waiting for him to call when hes back in town cool.gif
awd4kicks
QUOTE (dualdj1 @ May 31 2011, 01:40 PM) *
Me and Gross will be there for sure. Possibly with a real loud porche, pulled the mufflers off yesterday cause he got a wild hair on improving performance or some shit.

Excellent news.... Why am I not really surprised that Kris would pull the mufflers off of his Porsche?
awd4kicks
I'm going early to open the gates and get things ready. I think we are going to run Evan's freshly re-powered BMW 325 for fun.

Will any of you be setting a up a caravan to the track? Those trips are always filled with some fun jackassery.
evan409
DSMCentral DRAG DAY 2011 Commercial

bluzvr4
the commercial is bad ass!
mitsu90
It's been a while since we have had a promo video.. I love it cool.gif
evan409
I'm glad you guys like it! biggrin.gif I thought we needed something to get racers motivated!
dualdj1
who all is planning on going? is there a caravan forming up somewhere?
bluzvr4
QUOTE (dualdj1 @ Jun 3 2011, 02:01 PM) *
who all is planning on going? is there a caravan forming up somewhere?

im going to be geting people at the pekin mall to head up there but i havent decided a time yet ill post up as soon as i do (some time tonight)
dualdj1
cool we're headin up from EP, so probably won't cruise down to pekin, but may be able to catch up to ya on the way.
awd4kicks
I've got some great news of additional entertainment for our Sunday event!

You can now expect to see a Jet car make a couple hits durring our track rental!
We will also have a number of 10.5" tire race cars and a Nostalgia drag car making Test and Tune runs throughout the day.
This is a nice bonus for us all to check out.

See you there!
kapoosh
Evo won't be ready.....might make it up to watch.
bluzvr4
QUOTE (kapoosh @ Jun 3 2011, 10:41 PM) *
Evo won't be ready.....might make it up to watch.

whats going on with the evo?
kapoosh
Haven't finished cleaning it yet.......

I think I let it hibernate too long, just working out some bugs.
bluzvr4
bummer i was hoping to see it in action
awd4kicks
Alright everybody...Today is the day!

I just talked to Cordova at 7:50am this morning and they plan to have clear skys by race time at noon. It's dry there now with overcast skies. All the rain is headed to Peoria. Perservier for great racing weather because we will have to probably drive through the rain to get to sunny skies.

See you there!
bluzvr4
i had a great time today
awd4kicks
I did too! Thanks for coming out and braving the weather.
Hult250R
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Jun 5 2011, 08:12 PM) *
I did too! Thanks for coming out and braving the weather.

Braving the weather? Psh, It was great out!
I set a new personal best after my auto swap, 11.4 and another 11.4 to back it up lol

Have to work on the tune to stall it up faster. Took waaaay too long. I played around with the tune today and didnt get anywhere sad.gif

Had a great time!
bluzvr4
QUOTE (Hult250R @ Jun 6 2011, 01:29 AM) *
I set a new personal best after my auto swap, 11.4 and another 11.4 to back it up lol

Have to work on the tune to stall it up faster. Took waaaay too long. I played around with the tune today and didnt get anywhere sad.gif

Had a great time!

hult what car were u in today?
Hult250R
QUOTE (bluzvr4 @ Jun 5 2011, 08:45 PM) *
hult what car were u in today?

The red 1G Talon, "ILEAGLE" license plate
bluzvr4
i saw the car it was super sexy i just didnt get to see it run
Hult250R
QUOTE (bluzvr4 @ Jun 5 2011, 10:12 PM) *
i saw the car it was super sexy i just didnt get to see it run

Haha thanks man
dualdj1
wish we could've made it, too late of a saturday for both me and gross. How many cars were there? Hope you had a good turnout.

On a side note, maybe we can hit BWW sometime before the end of the month. Gross in town till start of july.
black92_tsi_awd
Hult, what size turbo?
awd4kicks
QUOTE (Hult250R @ Jun 6 2011, 01:29 AM) *

Had a great time!

Good to see you again Hult... That is one of the sweetest looking 1G DSM's I've seen in a long time. Good to hear your numbers have improved. If you don't me asking, what was your personal best with the manual trans?

BTW - When I left peoria Sunday morning it was like driving in a hurricane. I assume that's why most from our area didn't make it. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.