Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Import Drag Bash Options
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
Pages: 1, 2
awd4kicks
Susan Hudson has been making the calls and Cordova is working with us very well.

It looks like the charge to get in will be about $50 per driver, which is nearly half of a Dyno run at R&T's. Plus with only 20-50 cars there you will be able to make as many runs as you feel safe doing for five hours straight!!! To make this happen I will be requiring pre-registration and payment so we can garantee a showing for race day. Once we make a decision on the date and a group, will post on Cii as well as some other advertizing.

Again, I will want to get a small group together to help coordinate the runs and results of each, so that we may be able to hand out a few trophies and booby prizes just for fun.

Post your comments and concerns here as you take the poll.

Thanks!
Turbo Tension
Sept 21st I will be in bloomington. Closer drive:)
natedogg
Mmmm... booby prizes...

I can help with some coordination.

voted for Sep. 21
AWD DSM 1
I voted for the sept 21st also. gotta spread it out a little. wink.gif

Let me know if you guys need any help planning.
Turbo Tension
is this for the mumbo jumbo with the CII people??? Are we finally going to show those hobos what the DSMs are fully capable of??

ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

EDIT: I finally did something that resembles practicing launching...If I drop to 35psi (40psi dd) in the front and stay 36 in the back, and put the ECS on SPORT mode, the stealth launches like a rocket!
scorp28
I'll lend a hand if you need it.....I voted Sep. 21......Gives me a chance to save more money for my car so that I can beat up on a few more Hondas.
Mike
I vote for Sept 21st! I would love to beat up out there! biggrin.gif

I would be more then glad to help with what ever bud! let me know I will be there.
AWD DSM 1
QUOTE (scorp28 @ Jun 10 2003, 06:41 PM)
I'll lend a hand if you need it.....I voted Sep. 21......Gives me a chance to save more money for my car so that I can beat up on a few more Hondas.

The only money you will need to save up to stomp 99% of the hondas around here is gas money. biggrin.gif
Mike
QUOTE (POS AWD @ Jun 11 2003, 12:10 PM)
The only money you will need to save up to stomp 99% of the hondas around here is gas money. biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif Ha ha Good slogan!
scorp28
QUOTE (POS AWD @ Jun 11 2003, 11:10 AM)
The only money you will need to save up to stomp 99% of the hondas around here is gas money.   biggrin.gif

I know, but when I say beat them up I mean beat them up then kick them in the sack when they are down.(not as hard as some of you guys can but I think you get the picture) biggrin.gif
Speedracer
i voted for sept. 21st, DSM WILL beat those whiny Cii punks! cool.gif
Super16G
Sept 21 might give me enough time to talk Kate into letting me run the Black Bitch to represent DSM Centarl and it also MIGHT? be enough time for me to get the mx6 back on its feet to represent CII:)
AWD DSM 1
Playing for both teams heh? tongue.gif
Mike
There has to be more then 10 peps going to this! come on dont be shy now!
KOU In3
I'll be there. But I don't feel like I have a real vote yet as Frankenstein still hasn't seen the first turn of the key... yet.

So, the latest date sounds good to me to give me a chance to hopefully get a little break in and a little tune before I attempt to back up my year of smack talk. rolleyes.gif
awd4kicks
U P D A T E :

We are currently in the process of trying to secure September 21st for our Central Illinois Drag race event. Once we get more information we will supply a sign-up location and we will spread the word!
Mike
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Jun 19 2003, 08:09 AM)
We are currently in the process of trying to secure September 21st for our Central Illinois Drag race event. Once we get more information we will supply a sign-up location and we will spread the word!

Sounds like a plan stan! You da man Marcus! biggrin.gif
awd4kicks
What-chu-talkin-bout Mike?! Your the miestro that has come up with the great sign up form.

We will unleash it soon...
Temp_Me96
Sept 21st I hope thats enough time for me to debut the RS-T. That would be soooooooo sweet. To come out swinging with 420A-T.

This Mits eats Hondas and shits CII. J.K.
Mike
QUOTE (Temp_Me96 @ Jul 25 2003, 12:49 AM)
This Mits eats Hondas and shits CII. J.K.

Sweet!
MidwestDSM
I'd like to go, but I didn't vote, since I'd need the grace of God to get the money for the trans work, driveshaft, and timing belt I need to actually race.
Maybe I'll bring my 1.8 though. I could just put in the stage 3 clutch I have for it (yes, I realize a Stage 3 clutch for a 1.8 is rediculous, but it was brand new for $100 and I couldn't pass up he deal) and beat some stock CRX's.

-Nick
Mike
When Will everyone be going? I was thinking about driving up near the track on SAT night and then wake up and eat and then all I have to do is drive to the track. I just might drive up to peoria and then drive up in the morning.
PoofusJackson
Hey Guys! Im new to the club. Im part of the chitown dsm yahoo group. I heard about the event at Cordova, I registered but is there anything else i need to do? Do I just pay when I get there? Im wondering because Im not positive if I can go yet, but hopefully I can make it. Ive only got a 1.8l talon but it should still be fun!

Ryan Schmidt
90GSX
hey i got a 1.8 laser, and i would go, but i would probably blow it up racing it. LOL I think that would be an interesting class to have actually. Trophy for the fastest 1.8 biggthumpup.gif
AWD DSM 1
QUOTE (PoofusJackson @ Sep 16 2003, 08:34 PM)
Hey Guys! Im new to the club. Im part of the chitown dsm yahoo group. I heard about the event at Cordova, I registered but is there anything else i need to do? Do I just pay when I get there? Im wondering because Im not positive if I can go yet, but hopefully I can make it. Ive only got a 1.8l talon but it should still be fun!

Ryan Schmidt

Racing starts at 12 sharp, pay at the door. Welcome to the group and hope to see you there!! cool.gif
PoofusJackson
QUOTE (94laser @ Sep 16 2003, 08:54 PM)
hey i got a 1.8 laser, and i would go, but i would probably blow it up racing it. LOL  I think that would be an interesting class to have actually.  Trophy for the fastest 1.8 biggthumpup.gif

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I dont know if there would even be enough 1.8l to make a class, lol. I did see that an 87 MG midget was gonna be there, that should be fun. lol
mark95turbo
QUOTE (PoofusJackson @ Sep 17 2003, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (94laser @ Sep 16 2003, 08:54 PM)
hey i got a 1.8 laser, and i would go, but i would probably blow it up racing it. LOL  I think that would be an interesting class to have actually.  Trophy for the fastest 1.8 biggthumpup.gif

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I dont know if there would even be enough 1.8l to make a class, lol. I did see that an 87 MG midget was gonna be there, that should be fun. lol

That is no regular 87 midget though. It is a monstrosity at the least. It has a 1.3L 13B rotarty in it.
PoofusJackson
Oh, well in that case, I may possibly win the "slowest car" award!!

lol
ranta18
Sept 21st for sure. That might give me enough time to get all my parts and put the motor back together so I can give you DSM guys a run for your money. My 12.8 from last year isn't going to be anything compared to this year...muhhahahahah
natedogg
This is an old thread, Mike. Talking about Sep. 21 2003. Next DSMcentral drag strip meet could be in the late Spring, early Summer.
KOU In3
QUOTE (ranta18 @ Dec 16 2003, 09:18 AM)
Sept 21st for sure.  That might give me enough time to get all my parts and put the motor back together so I can give you DSM guys a run for your money.  My 12.8 from last year isn't going to be anything compared to this year...muhhahahahah

Umm am I missing something? This looks like the thread from the event that already happened. You'll need a time travel machine to go run again on Sept. 21st '03 I guess in theory if your trap speeds were high enough, the whole time running backwards thing would happen though. tongue.gif

Nate: can we get the math and physics on that one?
natedogg
Haha. Don't you just need a flux capacitor, 1.21 gigawatts, a trap speed of 88 mph?

{Nerd mode on}
Traveling through time at a different rate of speed than someone else is possible and happens everday. Every time you take a trip in a commercial jet you are traveling through time slightly quicker than everyone else on the planet. They've tested this, it comes down to a second or two difference in a trip around the entire world in a commercial jet. A military jet would probably bring it to three or four seconds.

Traveling more quickly forward through time is much more feasible than traveling backward through time. I won't delve too deep into Einstein's general and special theories of relativity, but basically as one approaches the speed of light the time around him changes and slows down relative to his own time reference. Imagine tossing a ball up in the air while riding in a car. To you it looks like the ball just went up and then down, but to someone outside the car who blocks everything else out but the ball sees it move up then down in a shallow arc. Its the same concept with time just in the 4th dimension rather than the 3rd. There are two problems posed with moving faster through time though. First, it would simply take more energy than is current availble to our society right now to move someone that fast. And secondly, as an object approaches the speed of light it also approaches critical mass. Meaning, its mass increases at an exponential rate. I'm not really sure why this is, but I'm sure you can find theories if you look hard enough.

Traveling backward through time is something that has basically been theorized impossible. To even come close to this, one would have to find a way to make everything around him move nearly infinitely faster through time than himself. Still traveling backward through time wouldn't be achieved by this because even moving infinitely slower through time than everthing else would only achieve not moving through time at all rather than actually moving backward through time. Now there are unstable, hard to detect, anti-time particles that have been detected in modern physics, called neutrinos, kinda like anti-gravity particles, and anti-matter particles. These are theorized to actually travel backward through time. How? No one knows. But maybe some day hundreds of years from now someone will harness the power of these and be able to travel backward through time. Who knows? Maybe you are sitting next to someone from the future right now. Of course anyone whos seen Sliders, Quantum Leap, Back to the Future, or that one Halloween episode of the Simpsons (with the time traveling toaster) knows that traveling backward through time and involving yourself in events can change ones future to conflict with the one that he remembers, basically causing one to travel down a different timeline or "parallel universe".
{Nerd mode off}

Can anybody tell I'm bored at work today?
natedogg
After posting all that nerdy shit, I feel obligated to post this:

>>Understanding Engineers
>>
>>
>>Two engineering students crossing the campus when one said, "Where
>>did you
>>get such a great bike?" The second engineer replied, "Well, I was
>>walking along yesterday minding my own business when a beautiful
>>woman rode up on this bike. She threw the bike to the ground, took
>>off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want." The second
>>engineer nodded approvingly, "Good choice; the clothes probably
>>wouldn't have fit."
>>
>>Understanding Engineers - Take Two
>>
>>To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the
>>glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as
>>it needs to be.
>>
>>Understanding Engineers - Take Three
>>A pastor, a doctor and an engineer were waiting one morning for a
>>particularly slow group of golfers. The engineer fumed, "What's
>>with these guys? We must have been waiting for 15 minutes!" The
>>doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such
>>ineptitude!" The pastor said, "Hey, here comes the greens keeper.
>>Let's have a word with him." "Hi George! Say, what's with that
>>group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?" The greens
>>keeper replied, "Oh, yes, that's a group of blind firefighters.
>>They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year,
>>so we always let them play for free anytime." The group was silent
>>for a moment. The pastor said, "That's so sad. I think I will say a
>>special prayer for them tonight." The doctor said, "Good idea. And
>>I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist buddy and see if there's
>>anything he can do for them." The engineer said, "Why can't these
>>guys play at night?"
>>
>>Understanding Engineers - Take Four
>>What is the difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil
>>Engineers? Mechanical Engineers build weapons and Civil Engineers
>>build targets.
>>
>>Understanding Engineers - Take Five
>>The graduate with a Science degree asks, "Why does it work?" The
>>graduate with an Engineering degree asks, "How does it work?" The
>>graduate with an Accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"
>>The graduate with a Liberal Arts degree asks, "Do you want fries
>>with that?"
>>
>>Understanding Engineers - Take Six
>>Three engineering students were gathered together discussing the
>>possible designers of the human body. One said, "It was a
>>mechanical engineer." Just look at all the joints." Another said,
>>"No, it was an electrical engineer. The nervous system has many
>>thousands of electrical connections." The last one said, "Actually
>>it was a civil engineer. Who
>>else would run a toxic waste pipeline through a recreational area?"
>>
>>Understanding Engineers - Take Seven
>>"Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
>>Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough
>>features yet"
>>
>>Understanding Engineers - Take Eight
>>An architect, an artist and an engineer were discussing whether it
>>was better to spend time with the wife or a mistress. The architect
>>said he enjoyed time with his wife, building a solid foundation for
>>an enduring relationship. The artist said he enjoyed time with his
>>mistress, because the passion and mystery he found there. The
>>engineer said, "I like both."
>>"Both?" "Yeah. If you have a wife and a mistress, they will each
>>assume you are spending time with the other woman, and you can go
>>to the office and get some work done."
>>
>>Understanding Engineers - Take Nine
>>An engineer was crossing a road one-day when a frog called out to
>>him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful
>>princess." He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his
>>pocket. The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn
>>me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one
>>week." The engineer took the frog out of his pocket,
>>smiled at it and returned it to the pocket. The frog then cried
>>out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay
>>with you and do ANYTHING you want." Again the engineer took the
>>frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket.
>>
>>Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a
>>beautiful princess, and that I'll stay with you for a week and do
>>anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?" The engineer said,
>>"Look, I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a
>>talking frog, now that's cool.
AWD DSM 1
My dad just e-mailed that same engineer joke to me at work... That's priceless.... laugh.gif

What's really scary to me Nate, I actually remember some of that stuff from Physics. unsure.gif
JBone
that crap was funny

(Homer mode on) WOO HOO! I am going to build targets! D'OH
biggthumpup.gif
ranta18
my bad. i wasn't even paying attention. i thought you guys were planning it out for next year already...lol

i can't wait for next years event though.
justooln2
cool.gif hey guys if i am in the country I will be there when ever you have a meet I just upgraded some stuff and I really wanna try it out. YYYYEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW Hey I will be racing my daily driver W/o NOS what all do I have to do to compete. (Helmet catch can ect.?)
rick03
i voted for sept 21st. i will show you all what a 3g can do.
dstock22
QUOTE (rick03 @ Feb 16 2005, 09:18 PM)

July 27, 2003 (NOPI racing at St. Louis)

I think your almost 2 years, to late.
awd4kicks
I will behosting two drag events at Cordova this year as well. Details to follow soon!
rick03
QUOTE (dstock22 @ Feb 16 2005, 09:51 PM)
QUOTE (rick03 @ Feb 16 2005, 09:18 PM)

July 27, 2003 (NOPI racing at St. Louis)

I think your almost 2 years, to late.

i may or may not be turbo chareged at the time, but if i am i will be in th 13's. if im not i will still have low 14's.
JMoushon
Not to prolong the life of a long lost thread, but am I to understand that you drive an NA 3g in the low 14s? If so, I'd be interested in seeing this beast. There was a 3g v6 turbo with 300+ dyno proven whp at the last DSMCentral drag day, and he ran in the low 14s all day. With a turbo and 300 whp.
rick03
QUOTE (JMoushon @ Feb 17 2005, 09:31 PM)
Not to prolong the life of a long lost thread, but am I to understand that you drive an NA 3g in the low 14s? If so, I'd be interested in seeing this beast. There was a 3g v6 turbo with 300+ dyno proven whp at the last DSMCentral drag day, and he ran in the low 14s all day. With a turbo and 300 whp.

are you sure? my car made 275 whp@6psi. i was at the last dsm central day, i think. my car is silver with crome and black window tint. my last time at the cordova i ran 14.1's most of the day. my problem now is launching. i have very bad 60' times, like 2.4/2.5. i know n/a that run 2.2's. before next year i will be doing kyb agx, eibach springs and 4 solid motor mounts. this should help with wheel hop. i already have a spec stage three clutch, flywheel and a quaife lsd. when i had just an intake and exhaust i ran a 14.6. actualy that was at dsm's sport compact drag chalange in 2003, i was fastest n/a fwd.
JMoushon
QUOTE (rick03 @ Feb 17 2005, 08:27 PM)
i may or may not be turbo chareged at the time, but if i am i will be in th 13's. if im not i will still have low 14's.

The guy at R+T's had said you put down 300. My bad. Sorry for the confusion. It was you I was referring to.

The way I read your post was that you currently were not charged, and that you were possibly in the process. OOPS!
awd4kicks
Rich the best ET I had recorded for you was a 14.208@101 from the Slo Pony Drag day. That's what I have posted on the 'Best ET's' list. Let me know if I need to correct this.
rick03
QUOTE (JMoushon @ Feb 19 2005, 07:21 AM)
QUOTE (rick03 @ Feb 17 2005, 08:27 PM)

The guy at R+T's had said you put down 300. My bad. Sorry for the confusion. It was you I was referring to.

The way I read your post was that you currently were not charged, and that you were possibly in the process. OOPS!

no worries. im still turboed for now but i mat be changing things.
rick03
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Feb 19 2005, 10:11 AM)
Rich the best ET I had recorded for you was a 14.208@101 from the Slo Pony Drag day. That's what I have posted on the 'Best ET's' list. Let me know if I need to correct this.

im sorry you are right. thats what i ran that day. it was later in the year i ran my best of 14.10@105mph. i just got the days mixed up. i may be optomistic to run low 14's n/a but with that time and speed i should be in the mid 13's now.
Taxiwardance
Hey Rich whats up pimp? you just need to keep telling yourself one thing. Say it with me now eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevo! JK biggthumpup.gif Looking forward to what you pull off this season!
rick03
QUOTE (Taxiwardance @ Feb 19 2005, 06:25 PM)
Hey Rich whats up pimp? you just need to keep telling yourself one thing. Say it with me now eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevo! JK biggthumpup.gif Looking forward to what you pull off this season!

lol, yes i know but its all about the$$$$$money$$$$$. btw who is this? i dont know your screen name.
Taxiwardance
A fellow employee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.