Nov 7 2005, 09:35 AM
Post
#1
|
|
![]() Eats and sleeps DSM jargin. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,108 Joined: 2-October 05 From: Waverly, Illinois Member No.: 636 |
I was on my way to SCDC and I made it past Springfield with no problems. And then all of a sudden my car starts jerking like I just hit fuel cut. So I feather the pedal to give it more gas and it's like I had an air pocket in the fuel line. It ran like this all the way to the Pekin / Bloomington exit on 155. I took the exit and as soon as I stop at the sign the car dies and won't restart.
So then I called Asiankid to my rescue. LOL, I was so pissed at my car I couldn't even tell him where I was. I sat there for about 15 minutes and I tried to start it a couple of times, then finally it started. It started like it was starving for fuel, a slow putter start I guess you could say. I call Asiankid back and let him know what's going on and where I will be. He and I met at a gas station in N. Pekin, I think that's where I was, LOL. The DAMN thing ran fine the rest of the way to SCDC, and at the track it ran fine no fuel problems. And then on the way home I made it to Peoria. And it did the same DAMN thing, sputtering, kicking, and starving for fuel. So once again I called Asiankid to the rescue. I sat there for about the same amount of time as in the morning trip up. Tried to start it and nothing, So I sat a little longer made my check in phone calls with the family. And then I thought I would try to prime the fuel pump. And guess what, it started and ran fine all the way home. At no time did Asiankid actually have to come and help. It was just nice to know that I have friends that are willing to help. No matter what happens in a DSMers life, LOL. Oh, And for some reason everytime I called him he was eating, If anyone has an answer for this let me know. Asiankid and I were thinking ECU at first. But now I'm not so sure about that, being I had to prime the fuel pump to get it to start last night. -------------------- |
|
|
|
![]() |
Nov 7 2005, 05:55 PM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() Eats and sleeps DSM jargin. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,108 Joined: 2-October 05 From: Waverly, Illinois Member No.: 636 |
I did adjust the ftl, and got it to 106%. But I only adjusted the 1000 rpm down to 10% was at 19%.
Now if I put the stock fpr on won't that run me too rich also? And is it a way to find out if the other one is bad? -------------------- |
|
|
|
BudmannG Fuel Questions! Nov 7 2005, 09:35 AM
natedogg Did you check your fuel pressure at all when it wa... Nov 7 2005, 10:00 AM
BudmannG I didn't think about checking the fuel gauge. ... Nov 7 2005, 10:04 AM
natedogg If the ECU threw any codes you should still be abl... Nov 7 2005, 10:12 AM
BudmannG I will do that, I have to run to Jacksonville. So ... Nov 7 2005, 10:14 AM
turbohcar I'm thinking it's the FPR. It's a no-... Nov 7 2005, 10:19 AM
BudmannG I just went out and checked error codes. And it ha... Nov 7 2005, 10:24 AM
ncgalant The fuel pressure was actually to low. With 550s ... Nov 7 2005, 10:31 AM
turbohcar Ahhh ok, I misunderstood. I guess I just have a f... Nov 7 2005, 10:41 AM
natedogg Hmm, it must have shifted since it was at my place... Nov 7 2005, 10:51 AM
BudmannG This is what the logger is telling me now at idle ... Nov 7 2005, 01:18 PM
natedogg I'm still a little skeptical of your AFPR. Li... Nov 7 2005, 01:29 PM
BudmannG Natedogg, I did erase the error code earlier. Woul... Nov 7 2005, 02:22 PM
ncgalant At this point I'd say to throw your stock fpr ... Nov 7 2005, 05:42 PM
ncgalant FPRs don't go bad to often in comparison to ot... Nov 8 2005, 06:55 AM
natedogg Erasing the injector code just erases the code ins... Nov 8 2005, 12:48 PM
BudmannG I ran my car to town and I checked the fpr like yo... Nov 8 2005, 01:46 PM
black92_tsi_awd Somethings not right. Either the FPR is bleeding ... Nov 8 2005, 01:51 PM
BudmannG Thanks man I'll do that. I have to go pickup m... Nov 8 2005, 01:52 PM
BudmannG OK, I say it's that POS AFPR! Put the stoc... Nov 8 2005, 03:13 PM
BudmannG OK, I am still having some problems. It is hard to... Nov 15 2005, 04:12 PM
awd4kicks A long cold start time is THE common symptom of fu... Nov 15 2005, 04:38 PM
natedogg The fuel pressure is always going to bleed off aft... Nov 16 2005, 08:47 AM
BudmannG I hate it when you say injector problems, . I jus... Nov 16 2005, 09:02 AM
natedogg You might start by just having the injectors profe... Nov 16 2005, 09:10 AM
BudmannG Is there somewhere local that can do this? Nov 16 2005, 09:15 AM
BudmannG OK.... I am beginning to think it's my ecu. I ... Nov 19 2005, 06:32 AM
turbohcar Change it out with a spare or borrowed ECU. See i... Nov 19 2005, 08:14 AM
BudmannG QUOTE (turbohcar @ Nov 19 2005, 08:14 AM)Chan... Nov 19 2005, 08:24 AM
BudmannG Could this be my power transistor? Nov 19 2005, 09:02 AM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 27th September 2026 - 08:58 PM |