![]() ![]() |
Nov 8 2005, 03:13 PM
Post
#21
|
|
![]() Eats and sleeps DSM jargin. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,108 Joined: 2-October 05 From: Waverly, Illinois Member No.: 636 |
OK, I say it's that POS AFPR! Put the stock back on and it started running way rich. I mean down in the 70% area even lower at one point. SO the POS is coming out and I am going to wait to put another one on. Thanks for all Y'ALLS help!
-------------------- |
|
|
|
Nov 15 2005, 04:12 PM
Post
#22
|
|
![]() Eats and sleeps DSM jargin. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,108 Joined: 2-October 05 From: Waverly, Illinois Member No.: 636 |
OK, I am still having some problems. It is hard to start after a few hours of sitting. Like the line blead all the fuel back in the tank. Takes like 15-20 cranks and that's cold start, too!
I am running the stock fpr now also. -------------------- |
|
|
|
Nov 15 2005, 04:38 PM
Post
#23
|
|
|
DSMCentral Godfather ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Admin Posts: 3,823 Joined: 10-January 01 From: Washburn Member No.: 26 |
A long cold start time is THE common symptom of fuel pressure bleeding off as a car sits with the engine off.
-------------------- In Loving memory of David T Crebo
Greatness comes from the most unexpected places! ![]() |
|
|
|
Nov 16 2005, 08:47 AM
Post
#24
|
|
![]() Zen Master DSM ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Moderators Posts: 3,008 Joined: 10-January 01 From: in front of you Member No.: 5 |
The fuel pressure is always going to bleed off after time, but it sounds to me like you may not have any fuel in your lines at all when you first attempt to start. When there is fuel in the lines it doesn't take long for the pressure to build enough to where the car will start. No fuel in the lines at all causes it to take longer because the pump has to fill the lines and then build the necessary pressure. I'd almost be suspect of either one or more injectors bleeding the fuel off or the pump allowing the fuel back into the tank.
If it were 5 to 10 cranks I wouldn't worry, but 15 to 20 is quite a bit. |
|
|
|
Nov 16 2005, 09:02 AM
Post
#25
|
|
![]() Eats and sleeps DSM jargin. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,108 Joined: 2-October 05 From: Waverly, Illinois Member No.: 636 |
I hate it when you say injector problems,
And as far as the pump I installed it the way the Vfaq showed to. The only thing I could think of is that the pump is bad. -------------------- |
|
|
|
Nov 16 2005, 09:10 AM
Post
#26
|
|
![]() Zen Master DSM ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Moderators Posts: 3,008 Joined: 10-January 01 From: in front of you Member No.: 5 |
You might start by just having the injectors professionally cleaned. I know this has helped out others on here in the past.
|
|
|
|
Nov 16 2005, 09:15 AM
Post
#27
|
|
![]() Eats and sleeps DSM jargin. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,108 Joined: 2-October 05 From: Waverly, Illinois Member No.: 636 |
Is there somewhere local that can do this?
-------------------- |
|
|
|
Nov 19 2005, 06:32 AM
Post
#28
|
|
![]() Eats and sleeps DSM jargin. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,108 Joined: 2-October 05 From: Waverly, Illinois Member No.: 636 |
OK.... I am beginning to think it's my ecu. I can drive for like an hour (on the highway) and it just stops delivering fuel. I watched my logger yesterday as it was doing the fuel cut syndrom. And my fuel pressure would drop to like -13. I am lost on this problem and have no answers. I was on my way home from Drews last night and it did it again. I had to sit at a poe-duck town park for about 30 min. And it strained to start, but it started. Ran fine all the way home which was about 22 miles.
I really need some help. -------------------- |
|
|
|
Nov 19 2005, 08:14 AM
Post
#29
|
|
|
DSM Tech Wizard ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 2,404 Joined: 16-December 03 From: Fletcher/Bloomington Member No.: 214 |
Change it out with a spare or borrowed ECU. See if it changes anything.
-------------------- "I hear he tunes the space shuttle also...and that thing is fast"
|
|
|
|
Nov 19 2005, 08:24 AM
Post
#30
|
|
![]() Eats and sleeps DSM jargin. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,108 Joined: 2-October 05 From: Waverly, Illinois Member No.: 636 |
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Nov 19 2005, 08:14 AM) Change it out with a spare or borrowed ECU. See if it changes anything. Does someone have a ECU I can borrow for about a week. (91 turbo 5 speed) -------------------- |
|
|
|
Nov 19 2005, 09:02 AM
Post
#31
|
|
![]() Eats and sleeps DSM jargin. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,108 Joined: 2-October 05 From: Waverly, Illinois Member No.: 636 |
Could this be my power transistor?
-------------------- |
|
|
|
![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 27th September 2026 - 09:17 PM |